Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes

Posted by Hilltopper 
Re: 10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes
October 04, 2008 01:24PM
every rule is important, yes, BUT some rules doesn't need to be rules.

Terry Zeringue
October 04, 2008 02:51PM
well it is a rule so instead of complaining about it just deal with it if u wanted a vote you should have ran for the board.

Out of all the players that complain how many stepped up to try and get one of three BOD spots. 3 people so lets not try and tell the BOD what we are doing is wrong. If you dont like it dont play
October 04, 2008 03:23PM
Zinger has served on the BOD in the past. Terry, your input is always welcome.

Josh
October 04, 2008 08:56PM
head
well it is a rule so instead of complaining about it just deal with it if u wanted a vote you should have ran for the board.

Out of all the players that complain how many stepped up to try and get one of three BOD spots. 3 people so lets not try and tell the BOD what we are doing is wrong. If you dont like it dont play

easy to complain about something you didn't get a chance to voice you opinion on before it was voted on.

"If you dont like it dont play"
and thanks,,, this makes my desision easier,,,now i know why i missed out on the tournament today. Thanks board member, time to save me some $$ and play just casual (still following all rules of play)

Terry Zeringue
October 04, 2008 09:58PM
well if your not going to follow the rules of play then the SN is better off without you playing
October 05, 2008 12:31AM
wow,,, the SN would be better off without me cause all I want to do is take my shirt off???? LMAO

yeah,, that's what gives this sport a bad rep, lol,,,,, sad

well your wish is granted,,,,, no more SN trnys for me because of board member Head. Guess i also won't volunteer at all the trnys I attend either.

At least I had fun during the 14 years of tournament play.

Terry Zeringue
October 05, 2008 11:35AM
zing!!! maybe we are letting this get out of hand; it is a simple rule and one i think needs to be there; can rules be waived for special events; of course they can and probably will; but please lets keep this in prospective no reason the stop playing; hope to see you at blue angel soon.
October 05, 2008 11:53AM
well Mike......edited for the simple reason that board members only have one mindset, theirs......Maybe we should all be required to wear only white shirts :O)

Terry Zeringue
October 05, 2008 03:21PM
well terry should we do away with the board and let all vote; maybe thats a way to do it; but im going to promise you that as long as im a board member i am going to do my best to listen to every angle and try to make good choices; for nothing else but the good of the sport; and i think vision is very important; so one more time hope to see ya out on the courses; you truly are good for the game.
October 05, 2008 06:17PM
I responded to Head's pm and I asked him to foward it to all board members.

Not bitter toward anyone,, that should be easy to see in my pm.

Terry Zeringue
October 06, 2008 07:14AM
thaks terry
October 06, 2008 04:21PM
As a father of a teen-age daughter who plays, I support the BOD taking action on a dress code. Thank you.
October 06, 2008 09:57PM
Ah yes, the board takes a positive direction and someone freaks out. Well, It appears that most folks (of the three or so that posted) support this move.

But I agree, OTHER violations should be reported, but we all know that rules aren't called most of the time. I mean, who cares if you toss your disc in the air to knock one out of a tree.

Sure, why bother to even attempt to be professional when you have a handful of people who to maintain the status quo.

Good move board. rWc PDGA #3523

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 10:42PM by Russ3523.
October 07, 2008 12:33PM
Oh Russ get over it.

Everything that i really wanted to say to the board I did it via pm,,,,which is MUCH different that what i've posted on here.

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 12:53PM by TheZinger.
October 07, 2008 12:55PM
"Tool"? Namecalling now? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I could bring up something, Zinger, but I'm resisting the urge.

rWc PDGA #3523
ww
October 07, 2008 02:10PM
Russ3523
But I agree, OTHER violations should be reported, but we all know that rules aren't called most of the time. I mean, who cares if you toss your disc in the air to knock one out of a tree.

I have NEVER EVER EVER seen anyone in my group or any other group throw a disc in a tree to get a disc down during a tournament. And after 100+ SN tourneys in three years, that's a lot.

I have played with newbies who throw their disc back to their bag, where I correct them on rules. I have seen a newbie foot fault with 10 meters, where I correct them on the rules.

I have corrected NEWBIES many times, which is something you should look into instead of chastising an entire organization whose sole purpose is create more opportunities to compete in this game.

Your blanket accusations on SN rules violations have become somewhat tiresome Russ.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 02:20PM by ww.
October 07, 2008 02:40PM
Is that what you told Chris Lasonde? Is he still playing? Don't worry, ww, I don't be getting in the SN's way.

rWc3523 PDGA3523
ww
October 07, 2008 02:44PM
Russ3523
Is that what you told Chris Lasonde? Is he still playing? Don't worry, ww, I don't be getting in the SN's way.

rWc3523 PDGA3523

Seriously, who p!ssed in your Corn Flakes?
ww
October 07, 2008 02:47PM
Russ3523
Is that what you told Chris Lasonde? Is he still playing?

CL's issues were with but one rule violation, which is still a thorn in all TD's sides - PDGA, SN or otherwise. Don't give me that crap about it being all the SN is about.

BTW, have you ever turned anyone in?
October 07, 2008 02:51PM
Surely not trying to side with Russ here but I have seen PLENTY of disc being thrown at other disc during tournaments... watched a WHOLE GROUP at SNDC do it over and over and over while we were waiting on them to clear the hole.

Newbs aren't the only ones that foot fault, also at SNDC I had to say something to someone on the 2nd card of the last round about a falling putt within 10'!

Not to mention had to watch the lead team chunk their mini off the hill and then his partner try to place another mini down to shoot his shot.

Oh, and don't get too high and mighty Russ, I watched your wife hold palms out of the way of her back swing during the last round of SNACs... this was THE VERY next whole after she informed us all that she was "an official".

LOTS of things go uncalled, I try to wait till the time is appropriate and make sure to make the player aware of the infraction without messing up their game. During SNACs someone who cashed pretty high up was flipping his disc as a marker... he just wasn't aware the rule changed. Another player was getting mad at missed putts and just picking up the gimmies and not holing out.

I could go on, but really we all know what is done. This is what I believe Zinger is trying to say is more important than shirts... though, I personally rather keep the shirt rule because some people I don't really want to have to look at without a shirt ;) Sorry Zinger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 07, 2008 02:52PM
I've called people on rules violations. I've never reported anyone for the things that make DG fun, however. I know exactly where that would get me.

I did call a rule violation on myself, a two-stroke penalty, as a matter of fact, one that could easily been hidden, but I don't play that way.

Russ #3523
October 09, 2008 12:27AM
What do you have about me Russ that you could bring up? I'm serious,, I am interested in what it is.

Terry Zeringue
October 15, 2008 12:05AM
This is really funny. I played a PDGA tournament in Texas this Sumnmer. Had my colored shirt ready. Yea right. Tank top, naked bellies, bare feet, coolers as bags, you name it. It is just us Southern SN'er's that alway screw it up huh.

Head - Really nice comming from people trying to get more involved - conform or go away!

Ain't this how the PDGA did us in the beginning?

And what up with barefeet?

Don - I hope you were the one that obstained!

Too Freakin' much!

Should we just make all our local tournaments non sanctioned? Drive that wedge deeper!

F'n WORD!
October 15, 2008 08:40AM
last I checked, Southern Nationals was a tournament series, for the players and by the players, and void of all the excessive sanctioning fees

not a series of tournaments that consist of players who just want to go and do as they please, follow the rules that they feel like following, ignoring the rest, regardless of what the rules or even the law says

yes, I'm well aware that in some locations, this kind of stuff happens regardless of the sanctioning body, but the SN has earned themselves quite a reputation for it, and the slightest change to start trying to make a more positive impact is met with severe resistance...

is it really too much to require people to wear all their clothes for the length of the tournament rounds, for a growing sport that is trying to draw more public attention, so that we can continue to grow in a more positive light? after all, it is a TOURNAMENT, right?
October 15, 2008 10:02AM
thanks Clayton

Willy, The Sn says we play by PDGA rules and its a rule and like I said all rules should be enforced

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2008 10:54AM by head.
October 15, 2008 11:49AM
It is impossible to please everyone.
October 15, 2008 01:41PM
Clayton: Good post. You're right about trying to make a positive impact. But note the resistance is only from a few.

Chris: You're exactly right.

Whatever happened to creating standards for events?

rWc3523
October 15, 2008 01:45PM
My understanding was we have always followed the PDGA in regards to rules of play. During the actual rounds itself, if we are determined to follow all the rules pre and post tournament of the PDGA then we might as well be the PDGA.

Not an indictment of the PDGA but we shouldn't loose the focus of the SN up to this point which has always been a tournament series for the players by the players.

John k
October 15, 2008 02:05PM
So how will the SN decide which rules to follow/enforce and which ones not to follow/enforce? Who will make that decision? The Board? Players that post on the forum?

So the SN is a series "for the players, by the players." Which players will ultimately decide the SN's direction? The ones who hate the PDGA? The ones who post the most on the forum?

rWc3523
October 15, 2008 02:12PM
I agree Russ, there is a problem with everyone wanting things done a certain way and if we are not going to have and follow rules set forth in the PDGA rule book then either we should do away with the board and let each individual tournament decide what rules to be enforced during that tournament.

I for one think following the PDGA rule book is a smart thing and that all rules should be followed from shirts to smoking pot to drinking to cheating. They are all rules and should be followed

If we are not to follow PDGA rules maybe the BOD needs to write a SN rules of play book and decide which rules should be used. In every sport you have to have rules because if not all it is going to be is organized chaos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 40
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013