Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes

Posted by Hilltopper 
Re: 10/01/08 BOD Meeting Minutes
October 16, 2008 02:49PM
I would rather laugh at ya'll arguing about FROLF than play FROLF. I enjoy this forum, you people crack me up!
October 16, 2008 02:52PM
we are so happy to amuse you.
October 16, 2008 03:04PM
Maybe you should be out improving your game Dean. rWc3523
October 16, 2008 03:26PM
I DO THAT ON SUNDAY,RUSSELL
October 16, 2008 03:35PM
Yeah, so do I! ;) About the only day I can do it. rWc3523
October 16, 2008 06:35PM
Go for it Russ... you inject as much angst and negativity as anyone on this board.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 16, 2008 07:22PM
Kevin, I served my two years on the board. Of course, maybe you don't know that. Maybe you should do a little research before opening your mouth. Why don't YOU step up? In case you didn't notice. only three people ran for those three seats.

You guys have a problem with ANYONE who goes against the SN status quo.

Here's a chance for you to step up. Go for it!

rWc3523
October 16, 2008 07:54PM
We have to keep our shirts on when it rains or if we get ants in our shirts. You guys should too. Woman up losers.

Marla
ww
October 16, 2008 07:56PM
Marla
We have to keep our shirts on when it rains or if we get ants in our shirts. You guys should too. Woman up losers.

Marla

Best post evah!
October 16, 2008 08:42PM
Oh, so I can run, get "elected" and then after that I can bash bash bash and I have a pass since I once was on the board?!

October 16, 2008 08:56PM
I'm not asking for a pass on anything! I surely don't have any pull with the SN, that's a fact. I'm stating my opinions. You can call it "bashing" all you want.

I was just informing you that I have already served time on the board. It's telling that only three people offered to serve.

If Matthew doesn't reconsider his resignation and since NOBODY else ran. I wonder what the board will do in this case. Ask or beg for someone to take his place?

rWc3523
October 16, 2008 11:05PM
You're right... it's all constructive.

October 17, 2008 09:32AM
Russ3523
You guys have a problem with ANYONE who goes against the SN status quo.rWc3523

Wrong,,, the board has a problem with anyone who thinks differently than them. I learned this the hard way when i was on the board.....from board members. Hey, maybe a another reason for me quiting (my voice is not loud enough when it's 5-1). I didn't agree with alot of things the board was talking about, which made me the outcast and the person the others shouldn't pay attention to.

Terry Zeringue
October 17, 2008 12:55PM
TheZinger
Wrong,,, the board has a problem with anyone who thinks differently than them. I learned this the hard way when i was on the board.....from board members. Hey, maybe a another reason for me quiting (my voice is not loud enough when it's 5-1). I didn't agree with alot of things the board was talking about, which made me the outcast and the person the others shouldn't pay attention to.

Dissent is what makes our country and the SN great. While you may say that the BOD doesn't do what you want all the time, most of us read the forum and therefore listen to what you have to say. The SN does its best not to restrict the speech of its members, even when they are knowingly spreading lies and disinformation. Sometimes we kick discussions that cross the decency line to the private forum, but we don't delete them.

As for your voice not being loud enough when the vote is 5-1, at least you had a vote. Sometimes you can influence others even while disagreeing with them. Since I have been on the BOD, every idea has been modified due to a dissenting opinion on the BOD. Both groups have tried very hard to make everthing a 6-0 vote by compromising as much as possible and trying to satisfy the issues raised by the dissenters.

It can be very frustrating to be attacked, even indirectly, on the forum. It is very hard not to lash out at critics. I hope that posters will be patient with our new BOD members and give them time to adjust to not responding to every comment and not taking things to heart. When you sign up to run things, you have to be prepared to be villified on a regular basis.

Josh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013