Members Present: Josh Lenox, Don Tommasko, Matthew Gardner, Will Corey
1. BOD refused to accept Matthew Gardner's resignation. Matthew withdrew the request.
2. BOD discussed eliminating the Int Am Masters division. Voted 4-0 to ask for input from the players before a vote at the next meeting.
3. BOD discussed limiting the number of sanctioned events one club can host per year. Voted 4-0 to ask for discussion from the players.
4. BOD discussed minimum course requirements for sanctioning. Voted 4-0 to ask for discussion from the players.
5. Went over fundraising status of SNPC and SNAC. SNPC fundraiser discs are in. SNAC supercolors will be available beginning on Saturday. Josh Lenox stated that he plans to post costs and donations online as he goes.
6. Discussed bids on flags for baskets at SN Champs. A bid was placed for the flags only (not the pole and stopper). Josh Lenox offered to continue to look for stopper and pole price.
So will the 2008 SNAC financial statements ever be revealed?
I recall a few years ago, 2005, I believe, there was this big uproar about "funds" and "accountability". "Transparency" is another word that's popular now. This issue of "funds" came up again after the 2007 SNAC.
It's funny how there's no outcry THIS time.
The SN players, who contributed $2 from each tournament they played it, should know how much money went into the event and how it was spent.
Shane Seal has something profound about transparency in his sig but I'm too lazy to look it up.