Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tournament Guidelines Change Proposal

Posted by Gary Wagoner 
Tournament Guidelines Change Proposal
June 17, 2009 08:58AM
John Kittrell PM'd yesterday about a wrong name on the posted results concerning a tournament that was held 8 months ago. I propose that the guidelines for all tournaments be amended to require a TD to keep the Leaderboard Cards and Score Cards on hand for 30 days after the results are submitted to the SNDG. I further propose that all requests for corrections must be made within 30 days after the results are posted, otherwise they will be deemed correct and not subject to modification.

A TD can't be expected to keep the cards indefinitely and there ought to be a limit on how long a player can wait before asking that the results be changed.

Gary Wagoner
Re: Tournament Guidelines Change Proposal
June 17, 2009 09:00AM
Sounds good to me Gary I will Support this!
June 17, 2009 06:51PM
Gary,

I have no problem with the 30 day name correction request, but I don't know about requiring TD's to keep the cards for 30 days after they post. I just want to keep things as easy for the TD's as possible.

Josh
June 17, 2009 08:45PM
agree josh
June 17, 2009 10:19PM
no point in making a rule if no one will do anything to enforce it or penalize those that break it.
June 17, 2009 11:41PM
Word! (oops, there I go being negative again)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
June 22, 2009 01:25PM
Hilltopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gary,
>
> I have no problem with the 30 day name correction
> request, but I don't know about requiring TD's to
> keep the cards for 30 days after they post. I just
> want to keep things as easy for the TD's as
> possible.
>
> Josh

Josh,

The suggested change would be contained within the tournament "guidelines". I guess I'm not making myself clear...the object of my suggestion is not to burden the TD with more requirements, but to let him off the hook. Lets say Joe Blow complains that his score was recorded wrong for 42nd place in the Am division. How do you confirm that without going back to the scoredards? The whole point is to limit the correction time to 30 days; after that the results stand as posted regardless of how bad the alleged error might be.

When I do a tournament I dump the leaderboard cards and scorecards in a grocery sack and keep them in a closet for a few months. This thread was initiated because a player wanted his name changed 7 months after the results were posted. At what point do you say, "You waited too late." I'm just looking for some finality here. I was hoping to come up with a reasonable standard of practice throughout the SNDG.

Perhaps you are right, Josh, expecting TD's to hang on to the cards for 30 days is asking too much. It really doesn't matter to me because the next tournament I run I will state up front that I'll only keep the cards for a month and will not, as TD, certify any changes past that time.

Gary
June 22, 2009 02:13PM
I'd think a name change would be rather simple and you wouldn't need cards for that. *shrug*

As far as scores go... I think Gary is right.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

cox3 , DJ
Guests: 13
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013