Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BOD Minutes 09/16/09

Posted by Hilltopper 
BOD Minutes 09/16/09
September 18, 2009 05:44PM
Members Present: Will Corey, Matthew Gardner, Don Tommasko, Keith Bodin, Marc Darby, and Josh Lenox

1. Voted 4-0 to approve the SNAC financials (Josh Lenox abstained, Don Tommasko came in late).
2. Discussed SNPC early financials, but tabled voting until Doug gives us the final document.
3. Voted 6-0 to open bidding on the 2011 championships and close bidding on February 1st, 2010.
4. Voted 6-0 to ask Allan Morrow to serve on the BOD ex-officio as board secretary with the ability to discuss issues at meetings, but not vote on them. Agreed that Allan would take over as a BOD member should any resignation occur. Allan will be able to run for the BOD next year if he chooses.
5. Voted 6-0 to ask Brian Moon to allow Kevin Richards the ability to post results and update the schedule as well as look into web site upgrades.
6, Voted 3-3 to ask Brian Moon to allow Kevin Richards forum administration powers. (Bodin, Gardner, and Tommasko voting yes, Lenox, Darby, and Corey voting no) Jim Orum was asked to cast the deciding vote.
7. Discussed possible Bylaws. Keith Bodin offered to make a proposal to the BOD.
8. Discussed changing how we conduct the meetings. Asked Marc Darby to make a proposal to the BOD.
9 Discussed Bag Tag sales and the likely need to order more tags

Jim Orum voted yes to Kevin being allowed to have forum admin privelidges if approved by Brian Moon. Will will contact Brian.

SN BOD
Re: BOD Minutes 09/16/09
September 18, 2009 06:56PM
Thanks Josh.

What exactly are "forum administration powers?"

rWc3523

"To anyone complaining, preparing and running one of these events is a bit harder than it looks on the outside." Highlander
Anonymous User
September 18, 2009 07:00PM
Russ,
He can do everything John K, Will or Josh can do.
September 18, 2009 08:19PM
Hilltopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> 6, Voted 3-3 to ask Brian Moon to allow Kevin
> Richards forum administration powers. (Bodin,
> Gardner, and Tommasko voting yes, Lenox, Darby,
> and Corey voting no) Jim Orum was asked to cast
> the deciding vote.

> Jim Orum voted yes to Kevin being allowed to have
> forum admin privelidges if approved by Brian Moon.
> Will will contact Brian.
>

Oh oh oh! I get it! This is like reverse psychology right? Take someone who is causing alot of trouble and put them in charge of cleaning up other people's trouble so that they can see the error in their ways and thereby cause less trouble?

That is about the only way this makes ANY sense!
September 18, 2009 08:45PM
Obviously you guys have some SERIOUS issues with separating PERSONAL and BUSINESS matters. Must be tough to work with you guys.

Let me explain myself a little better... I'm self employed, this means that essentially I have LOTS of bosses... hell at one clients office I have basically 5 bosses (they are all equal in title and all are in charge of things that I am in charge of taking care of.) Do you think we all see eye to eye on things? Actually it's QUITE the contrare, the main guy who signs off on my invoices is actually the POLAR opposite of me and doesn't understand my political/social views ONE bit. I've worked with him for the past 5 years and he's gone to bat for me MANY times when budget cuts come around and they discuss needing my services. He separates personal from business. He knows that when it comes down to it, I will get the job done and have always done so. Things aren't always smooth personally between us, but professionally we have never had a problem.

It is quite ironic that those that think I can't separate personal from professional are the ones that are guilty of exactly that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
September 19, 2009 10:14AM
Cajundop,
"Oh oh oh! I get it! This is like reverse psychology right? Take someone who is causing alot of trouble and put them in charge of cleaning up other people's trouble so that they can see the error in their ways and thereby cause less trouble?

That is about the only way this makes ANY sense! "

What do you think he would do?

I think he will get the results up, keep up with the points,and make the sticky for tourneys. He is willing to help, why not let him? This type of work is what he does everyday. Give the man a chance. If it don't work out you can climb my azz for it, I'm the one who pushed for it.
September 19, 2009 08:22PM
Russ3523
Don't rag the volunteers, Gilly.

So who defines Volunteers?

September 19, 2009 10:32PM
Cajun_Duffer Wrote:
> If it don't work out you can climb my azz
> for it, I'm the one who pushed for it.

Now that's the kind of mature well thought out response I want coming from one of my elected leaders. That kind of attitude will go far in garnering us some major sponsors.

Judy
September 19, 2009 10:51PM
Maybe it was a crass way of putting it but he was basically saying he would take responsibility for the decision... isn't accountability something you want in a board member? It is something I want... and sadly I'm not getting it from some members right now. :(

September 20, 2009 08:23AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> > Don't rag the volunteers, Gilly.
>
>
>
> So who defines Volunteers?

Why did you feel a need to pull a quote from another thread?

"Maybe it was a crass way of putting it but he was basically saying he would take responsibility for the decision... isn't accountability something you want in a board member? It is something I want... and sadly I'm not getting it from some members right now. :( "

So... who isn't being "accountable?" Explain.

rWc3523
September 20, 2009 10:47AM
Umm... so that only applies in "certain situations"?

Again who defines all of this?

PM sent on the rest (for now).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 10:47AM by Gilligan.
September 20, 2009 08:02PM
it has been voted on and approved, put the man to work, it's a done deal. if the BOD hadn't wanted him there they would have voted 6- 0 no, right?
Jmart
September 21, 2009 12:43PM
Not 100 percent sure, but I believe Brian Moon has to set up the administrative privileges.

If Kevin's willing to take the scores as they're posted here, place them into an Excel file and post them, more power to him.

rWc3523
September 21, 2009 01:24PM
That's all great and wonderful, but the fact of the matter is that the board voted on it, it was a 3-3 tie and jimo broke it in favor of putting gilligan on. Should have happened the day of not almost a week later now. Brian owns the site, but it's the sn board decision that was made. If the board has no say in what happens then what have the @#$%& thing.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
September 21, 2009 02:05PM
Getting upset won't make it happen. It's not up to me anyway.

It would have been nice if the SN BOD or whoever proposed this had mentioned it to the SN players (at least those who frequent this forum) BEFORE the vote was taken.

Unfortunately, things don't always happen as fast as we want them to.

rWc3523
September 21, 2009 02:41PM
It's not up to the players Russ. It's up to the people the players vote on the board. If the players don't like it vote new people in. That's how it works. You don't ask football players what plays they want to run. They TRUST the coach(board) to make the correct decisions. If you want to try out a play you bring up to him and he debates on weather it is for the good of the TEAM(SN). If the players lose trust in the coach then the team loses they get a new coach( new elected bod). You have every right to complain or critize because you did vote in the election, but it should and will fall on deaf ears until you elect someone new. To say that it's should be up to the forum members is absurd. What chaos would that create? There would then be no need for a governing body which is what it seems you do not want to have.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
September 21, 2009 02:43PM
As far as it being brought before the public, I am the person that brought it before the BoD. If there is a problem with that I am the person that needs to shoulder that responsibility.

My thoughts were simple:
1. We were falling behind in doing the forum administrative things.
2. Will (from what I was told) didn't have the time because of school and work. I believe Will should put school and work ahead of the BoD, because that is what is going to carry him through life.
3. Kevin has the time and knowledge to do the forum correctly.
4. Kevin volunteered his time and talents.

I have a question.

What do people think Kevin is going to do? He is not going to destroy the site. He is not going to abuse the rights and privileges we gave him. If thing go bad we can revoke every thing.

Just because Kevin is out spoken doesn’t mean he is going to hurt the SN.

I spent 4 days with Kevin at the SNAC and 18 hours driving with him, he is one of the most upfront, honest people out there. I was elected to help the SN and I felt by putting Kevin in this position it would benefit SN.

I have no problem explaining why I make the decisions I make. I don’t think every little thing that comes up needs to go to the masses. If it does why do we have a BoD?

I have always said I will be responsible for all things I say and do; in this case I am the one that the SN community should be upset with, if you disagree with this situation.

Sincerely
Keith C. Bodin
Southern Nationals Board of Directors Member
September 21, 2009 02:49PM
Keith, for the record and I think It was in the PM I sent you, I have NO problem with him posting results and cleaning up the forum bugs. I think he knows what he's doing and you're right, if someone's willing to work, take advantage of it. rWc3523
September 21, 2009 03:35PM
I'm at work reading over this and while I will post on the issue at hand later tonight, let me request that people not speak ill of a long time sn sponsor. The cost setting up, maintaning, and occasionally updating the site has been a much appreciated sponsorship Brian Moon has given to the sn for several years. He has tirelessly worked to improve the site at no cost to the sn. My guess is that this has saved the sn thousands of dollars in the five year period we have had a website and forum.

Thank you Brian!

Josh

PS Please think how you would feel if someone talked badly about one your event sponsors before you post about one of the sn's only 3 sponsors year in year out. I made the mistake of insulting a Tupelo sponsor on this website four years ago and have bitterly regreted it ever since.
September 21, 2009 03:54PM
"You have every right to complain or critize because you did vote in the election, but it should and will fall on deaf ears until you elect someone new."

Doesn't this basically contradict Kevin's issue with Marc? Kevin is expecting Marc to explain his decision, yet you're saying Kevin's request "should and will fall on deaf ears."

And I NEVER said it should be left up to the forum members or players. I'm saying the BOD should at least get an idea of how people feel about an issue BEFORE they vote. So I guess you'd just sit back and deal with it if the BOD decided to double the fees from all events in Louisiana. Interesting concept.

rWc3523
September 21, 2009 04:11PM
Russ... honestly what do you think I will do? I am ALL for any crazy idea you have (hell, I might try them! J/K)

I don't see how anyone with half an understanding of working business relationships would have a problem with me helping keep up with the forum and clean up spammers (like the one that keeps posting randomly).

I give you FULL permission and my blessing to go on the more public side and start a thread asking for everyone's opinion. I only ask that you present it objectively... you can even preface it with I gave you permission (maybe you should PM me the msg for my actual approval first).

I am a big boy and can handle criticism well.

September 21, 2009 04:13PM
Russ3523 Wrote:
> And I NEVER said it should be left up to the forum
> members or players. I'm saying the BOD should at
> least get an idea of how people feel about an
> issue BEFORE they vote. So I guess you'd just sit
> back and deal with it if the BOD decided to double
> the fees from all events in Louisiana. Interesting
> concept.
>
> rWc3523

I completely agree with you Russ. One problem I foresee though is that people that maybe aren't right to serve on the board might not be able to understand the difference between political/social/religious differences and how one would perform their duties to the SN.

September 21, 2009 04:25PM
Russ3523 Wrote:
> Keith, for the record and I think It was in the PM
> I sent you, I have NO problem with him posting
> results and cleaning up the forum bugs. I think he
> knows what he's doing and you're right, if
> someone's willing to work, take advantage of it.

> rWc3523

Kevin, what the hell does this say??? Do you need a @#$%& translation??

rWc3523
September 21, 2009 04:33PM
No one has said anything toward Brian whatsoever in a bad light.

"If the board has no say in what happens then what have the @#$%& thing."

That statement I made was towards the board not the site. So dont jump to defend Brian when no one has said anything towards him.

Russ, looking at what I have stated, I never had any agreement or disagreement with what Marc has done to Gilligan. Gilligan is my friend, but if marc would like to keep his opinion to himself that is his right. Would I do the same thing? Probably not, but im not Marc.

"So I guess you'd just sit back and deal with it if the BOD decided to double the fees from all events in Louisiana."

I am not exactly the person to ask this question, because I believe our fees should go up to help out the SNCs, but that is another discussion. Now to the real underlying question to that....If I voted for three people on the board that I felt I knew what they were all about and felt what direction the wanted the SN to go in was the same or close to mine and they voted for that, I would have to respect that and deal with it because I knew the fact and voted them in. Case in point...everyone wanted our new president to be in the white house. He is in and they hate everything he is doing. He is doing exactly what he said he wanted to do...... Will he be there in 2012? unless he gets caught with his pants down...pun intended.... he will be there until we vote him out or back in. PERIOD!!!

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
September 21, 2009 04:58PM
Russ, you kept bringing up that it should have put to the public first... well that was what I was addressing.

If you want to pick nits then I could say "what part of 'I completely agree with you' don't you understand".

Lex
September 21, 2009 05:05PM
I'm a little on the fence, but i have faith in everyone. On the one hand I am absolutely a friend of Gilligan's in person, but I definately think he needs to hold back sometimes on the forum, or keep it in a pm. But then the bottom line is Gilligan is a great computer person, with time to spare who obviously wants to help. The BoD voted so it's up to them. And I'm sure that if the BoD found out Gilligan was abusing any privliges they would quickly revoke them.

225-268-9315
September 21, 2009 05:08PM
Thanks for your honesty Lex... I consider you even more of a friend for it.

September 21, 2009 05:34PM
Gilly, Russ, yall two argue like yall are married or bf and gf in grade school :)

You two kiss and make up.

</3
September 21, 2009 06:29PM
Here's why I voted like I did. We basically get complaints about posts from 3 players. How does it look to other players to put one of those 3 players in charge of forum administration? I personally don't think Kevin would abuse it, but the appearance is already there. No one argued for a second over Kevin being allowed to look into site upgrades or being allowed to update events or scores. As soon as it was seperated from the admin stuff, it went 6-0 in favor without much discussion.

Either way it is a moot point. It was voted to ask if Kevin could have forum admin privelidges. So Will has asked. It will get done if and when it gets done. I have no clue what the time frame will be. The BOD has NO CONTROL over the website other than what is given to us. And if things were to go bad, we have NO CONTROL over taking the admin privelidges away. Only our webmaster can do that. As was explained to Keith, if the webmaster does not want Kevin to do something, it won't happen, no matter what anyone on the BOD thinks.

Most of all, chill out! It's been less than a week. It took Will 6 months to get forum admin privelidges and it took me 1 month. You guys think this stuff can be done instantly, but you have no idea what the webmasters' work or home situation is. He could be out of the country for goodness sakes. And to suggest, as some have, that Will and I are slowing things down is proposterous. I want to get rid of the forum crap. It's made my life a living hell for the past 4 weeks.

Josh
September 21, 2009 06:39PM
For the record, I already knew Josh's position on this topic so that is why there was no need to ask him.

It's valid but that doesn't mean it's warranted.... simply said (as it has already been said), the help is needed, I'm willing to help... see what happens.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013