Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BOD Minutes 09/16/09

Posted by Hilltopper 
Anonymous User
Re: BOD Minutes 09/16/09
September 21, 2009 07:35PM
I would like to add something at this point.

I am in the environmental business. In this business safety is always a major concern, and I have found through the years that the person who does things unsafe is usually the best person to put in charge of safety.

You will say "Keith that makes no sense.” I say it makes the most sense. People that know how to do things incorrectly more times than not; he knows how to do things better in the correct manner. Chances are he knows all the "loop holes" and knows how to close said "loop holes." Let’s be real here. The problem is that the other 3 BoD members that are against Kevin--has to do with Kevin’s views in the open forum. How does that disqualify him from the position? Just because you don’t agree with someone’s thoughts doesn’t mean they can not do a good job.

Josh, as BoD members, we should be looking for ways to do things that are best for SN, and not things that will cause the least amount of uproar. We are here for all of the SN community. It is our responsibility to look for ways to make things better for SN and not worry about who is going to say what. Stand by your decision, have rational explanations for them, and move on. We will not make all of the people happy all the time, but if we are accountable for our decisions then things will go a lot smoother.

I stand by my decision to put this in front of the BoD and ask that everyone give Kevin a chance to prove that he is a true asset to SN.
September 21, 2009 07:41PM
I say a little bit of patience is the key. Marc voted his way for a reason, i would think his reason would be because he doesn't know Kevin personally nor professionally, only what he sees/reads on the forum (this is only a guess). I think if 3 of the BOD members had an issue with this, then the vote could of been on hold and the BOD members could of called or emailed or pm'd Kevin asking him what ALL he could bring to the table for a professional job like this (apart from his personal posts). Since it was already voted on then we just need to have patience like Josh said. I know nobody wants to get too far backed up, but it will work out over time. Marc's user-name has only been in use since June I think, and he has only posted 10 times thus far, but I'm sure (well i hope) he reads what people on the forum has to say and hopefully he'll (like others) explain certain things he feels that needs explaining.

Terry Zeringue
September 21, 2009 07:50PM
Well said, Terry.

rWc3523
September 21, 2009 07:56PM
Hey Russ, have you noticed my attitude change in my posts since a year ago :O)

Terry Zeringue
September 21, 2009 08:10PM
Yes, you're more laid back and less confrontational! ; )

rWc3523
September 21, 2009 09:26PM
Share those meds with Russ! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 21, 2009 09:33PM
Wow,, I got Russ AND Kevin to agree with me on one post,, the Saints MIGHT win the Super Bowl this year lol.

Terry Zeringue
September 21, 2009 11:20PM
You cheated, you double posted so we didn't know we did it. ;) J/K

ww
September 22, 2009 10:49AM
I got a birdie on the train hole yesterday at Muni.

It felt awesome.
September 22, 2009 11:41AM
Good on ya WW.. now let's try to remain on topic. ;)

September 22, 2009 12:53PM
how far was the putt ww????
September 22, 2009 01:05PM
I like this topic better. I always loved the train hole. I might have birdied that hole in the 2006 SNAC! If not, it was an easy par!

rWc3523

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 01:22PM by Russ3523.
September 22, 2009 01:35PM
well russ i think the pin has been moved way up in the corner towards the road.
September 22, 2009 01:55PM
Ohhhh. Sounds like a three would be doing real well then. Most likely a four for me! ; )

rWc3523
September 22, 2009 02:14PM
Then that sounds like you should hold this conversation on the appropriate message board. [www.sndg.org]

This board is for discussing Board of Director related matters.

Russ you of all people know this is how forums are run (refers to previous OT post).

September 22, 2009 02:58PM
I know exactly what I'm doing.
September 22, 2009 03:02PM
And that concerns me.

September 22, 2009 03:22PM
September 22, 2009 03:22PM
^ You ain't Bluff, stop posting gifs :)
September 22, 2009 03:25PM
Dude, it's fun! ; ) Plus, I found I can illustrate my points better with visual aids! ; )

rWc3523

"To anyone complaining, preparing and running one of these events is a bit harder than it looks on the outside." Highlander
September 22, 2009 03:43PM
Russ3523 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...Plus, I found I can illustrate
> my points better with visual aids! ; )
>
> rWc3523

I won't disagree with that. ;)

September 22, 2009 03:49PM
How long you two been going steady?
Anonymous User
September 23, 2009 07:56PM
Hilltopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We basically get complaints about posts from 3 players.

Wow, I didn't realize I was the only one complaining about Jim O, Mike S and Keith's grammar
Anonymous User
September 23, 2009 08:07PM
LMAO Mikey!!! Again I went to Louisiana public schools
Anonymous User
September 13, 2010 02:41PM
Wow, what an interesting thread.

I wonder, how did giving Kevin admin status turn out? He did say he would be professional, didn't he?
September 13, 2010 04:08PM
Did I ever delete or even EDIT a single one of your post? Even the ones attacking me?

Did I do that to anyone else's post no matter my personal feelings or how they reflected on me??? NOPE.

And that is what I call being professional.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013