Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: Answering to your consituents.
September 22, 2009 12:58PM

MOUNTAIN

Molehill

See the difference?

rWc3523
September 22, 2009 01:05PM
PM's are PM's....

and NO ONE has "secret agendas" or conspiracy theories....this is as basic a volunteer organization as one could have...heck we don't even have by-laws...

the horse is beat and it's quite dead....

did Gilly seek a pnone number from any other Board member? no...he CHOSE to take this route and air phone-sided concerns....

leading to......nothing....as stated.....not a darn thing.....c'est la vie....he has the # now....has he used it?

Good luck Board and I hope you guys work together.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2009 02:03PM by bryan griffin.
September 22, 2009 01:10PM

Yep, it's dead. Let's bury it now.

rWc3523
September 22, 2009 01:11PM
As an honorary board member (this was part of the BOD's secret agenda,) I too vote against Kevin. Don't ask me why, cause I will go to the grave, no matter who it pisses off.

Start arguing now!!!!
September 22, 2009 01:23PM

Mikey S. and Kevin in happier days!

rWc3523
September 22, 2009 01:31PM
sorry russ i didn't know him then; but i wish i had.
September 22, 2009 02:08PM
Sidebottom... what are you adding to this discussion? Nothing, so keep it that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 22, 2009 02:11PM
The issue now isn't if I'm allowed access... that IS a done issue. The issue now is, why does Darby (or any board member that feels that way) thinks he doesn't have to answer for his votes. I do believe that as a board member you should explain your position. You are an elected member and the people should know how and (if they ask) why, you voted on an issue.

I hope you understand the position that some have taken on this matter.. this isn't against anyone in particular but on a principle that we need to know our board and where they stand.

When a person says "I will not respond to this matter agian." Why should I assume a phone call would change that. I asked him in a one on one setting to present is reason. This gives him all the time in the world to make sure it is said like he means it. Why would a phone call change that? I can think of a reason but I REALLY hope that is not the case.

September 22, 2009 02:34PM
you mean stay on topic like when b-hole takes a sh!t; is that what you mean mr. stay on topic; gilly your a funny little boy!!!! yes you are.
September 22, 2009 02:48PM
That tournament is over and I wasn't the only one (certainly not the first) to make an "off color" remark in that regard... actually B-Hole started that downward spiral.

Hey, if you got a problem with it why didn't you just call me about it? You already have my number.

September 22, 2009 02:52PM
Well,

if he is saying "again" then perhaps you re-read his response...
and if you don't get it, you DON't advertise his personal message as an "I don't have to answer to you or anybody else" b.s. thread,
you instead pick up the phone call the individual and have a clear understanding of views through personal discussion.

Other BoD members had his number - heck in the least you should ALL have each other's numbers....

Clear enough?

And once again, you are stating (above) what YOU think D'Arby thinks NOT what D'Arby actually thinks.....and that in itself is part of the fallacy.

This is one reason email and PM's will NEVER suffice for the clarity of a one on one personal conversation....

Heck, it's why folks get bux as mediators and settlement facilitators.....half the time it's sit 'em down and they will sort it out....

Now, let's put an end to this...."Cheerio" !!
September 22, 2009 02:55PM
ohhhh i got your number o.k.; just like eveyone else in s/n land; sorry griff didn't mean to step on ya; gilly you will always and must sleep in the bed you make or don't make.
September 22, 2009 02:59PM
I put up everything verbatim... I never tried to slant anything anyway. It is all there in black and white for everyone to read for themselves. Make up your own mind. Hell, that is what I think is wrong with our society today... no one reads/thinks for themselves they just let too many other people tell them what to think.

If he misspoke then he should have recognized that and pm'd me again or called me... my number IS on the forum.

September 22, 2009 03:01PM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ohhhh i got your number o.k.; just like eveyone
> else in s/n land; sorry griff didn't mean to step
> on ya; gilly you will always and must sleep in the
> bed you make or don't make.

I know you had my number (is that better?) Also my number is in the public forum if you wanted it. Or as stated about Marc many other people have my number and you could have gotten it (by many I mean more than just the board).

September 22, 2009 03:08PM
gilley look a little deeper my little buddy; im not talking phone #'s here.
September 22, 2009 03:12PM
I got that... I just ASSumed you weren't going there. Should have never given you so much credit Mike.

September 22, 2009 03:25PM
"The issue now isn't if I'm allowed access... that IS a done issue. The issue now is, why does Darby (or any board member that feels that way) thinks he doesn't have to answer for his votes. I do believe that as a board member you should explain your position. You are an elected member and the people should know how and (if they ask) why, you voted on an issue." (see Gilligan's quote above for clarity?)

your statement, Gilly, not mine and not D'Arby's....not wanting to re-explain what was already made clear does not equal refusing to be accountable.

no slant there?

that's why a call should've been made, if it bothered you enough to have this thread......

heck, look at the House Rep. that got "reprimanded on the House floor" for not apologizing a second time - you gonna say that made sense?

just sayin'....

Peace, out....
September 22, 2009 03:43PM
That is the current issue being discussed. That is all I am saying. If it is off base then please have him clarify and re-inspire our confidence again.

I'm pretty sure that no one WANTS this to be the case. We all hope that all the BoD members are doing the best they can for the SN.

September 22, 2009 07:58PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is the current issue being discussed. That
> is all I am saying. If it is off base then please
> have him clarify and re-inspire our confidence
> again.

>

"Our"? who are you speaking for? Who's lost confidence after one lousy meeting? I haven't.

> I'm pretty sure that no one WANTS this to be the
> case. We all hope that all the BoD members are
> doing the best they can for the SN.

Well, I for one will give them more than ONE F'n meeting before I start complaining about their performance.

rWc3523
September 22, 2009 09:58PM
great post russ
September 22, 2009 10:00PM
Umm "our" equals more than one person not every single person... I would say that it's possible that I'm voicing concerns for more than one person.

PS: I say that because it is true.

September 23, 2009 12:24AM
sorry if my words were read as an attack, that was not my intention

Terry Zeringue
September 30, 2009 04:05PM
It would be nice to move forward as a group.No one gets their way all the time.We have another great BOD Now if we can think before we post including myself that would be great.We have many caring disc golfers that would like to get involve with the SN. But first we must show them the direction we want to go in.Making things better is always a plus.Post that can not help nor make much sense to a new disc golfer that wants to read about the great sport of disc golf need not be posted.John k last post on the BOD post on the doubles said it all "shenanigans"we must try and get away from it.We can not afford to run players or volunteers off.Please stop and think before it is too late.there are a couple players that are out to see how much stink they can raise.Most of us are helping their cause of "shenanigans"trouble. Stop answering them and they will go and bother someone else. Just like the private tread did.Thanks to all you who do volunteer to help when and where you can.Remenber if you let evil win, you lose, Jim!! Now i will not post for 3 days,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013