Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.

Posted by bigal5657 
SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 02:33PM
Members Present: Keith Bodin, Will Corey, Josh Lenox, Don Tommasko. Absent: Marc Darby.
Also present Allan Morrow(secretary) Meeting began 7:58pm

1. Voted 4-0 to accept the resignation of Matthew Gardner, due to personal reasons.
2. Voted 4-0 to put Allan Morrow on the board in his spot for the remainder of Matthew's term.
3. Keith's proposal for bylaws was tabled.
4. Marc's proposal for new meeting format was tabled.
5. Voted 4-2 to tie the bag tags into a charity in 2010-2011 season. (Keith, Marc(called on phone by Josh), Don, and Allan all voting yes. Will and Josh voting no.
6. Voted 5-0 to buy 100 more bag tags.
7. Voted 3-3 on whether the board needed to meet in person at least once a year. Josh, Will, and Don voting no. Keith, Marc(called by Josh), and Allan voting yes. Jim O will be contacted via email by Josh.
8. Tabled the idea of setting a deadline for TD's to have the SN fees in to the Treasurer.
9. Voted 5-0 on deadline of TD's having results posted in two weeks of such said tournament. After two weeks they would be contacted by a BoD member to get results posted. Also brought up to get Brian Moon to set up a email account for TD's to send results to(I.E. results@sndg.org)
10. Keith's proposal for SNAC was tabled.
11. Approved 5-0 the rough draft forum guidelines, put forth by Josh, to be submitted to the players for comments before final implementation.
12. Meeting adjourned. 9:24pm



Jim voted no to requiring bod members to meet once per year outside of the championships.

SN BOD

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 07:41PM
5. Voted 4-2 to tie the bag tags into a charity in 2010-2011 season. (Keith, Marc(called on phone by Josh), Don, and Allan all voting yes. Will and Josh voting no.

I have a question about this item.

After the SNAC and SNPC there was a lot of concern about the amount of money going into the pro championship. Now the BOD is proposing giving a portion of the PRO money generated by bag tag sales to charity. Obviously, this means LESS money to the SNPC.

How does the BOD propose to make up this loss of revenue and what positive tangible effect does the BOD expect to receive from this gesture?

rWc3523
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 08:00PM
This will allow us to go to corporations and hopefully be able to get more sponsorship money on that level with being involved with a charity. Also this is a way for us as a series to give a little back to the communities that we play Disc golf in.

Also in years past we have only bought 200 tags. 200 tags x $20 = 4000
We have already gone through the initial 200 and have had to order 100 more. If we hit our goal this year of 500 we will still be putting more towards the SNPC than we ever have.
500 tags x $20= $10,000 with $5 from each tag going to charity. So 10k-2500 = $7500. This compared to the 4k originally is still better and we are helping out someone in the process.

But the $5 will not start until next season. So if we sell 500 tags this year then 10k will go to the SNPC. 6k more than usual.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 08:03PM
This has been a plan I have had for several months. If you would like I can go back and pull all the post and paste them here.
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 08:07PM
No need Keith, Allan answered my question. Thanks.

rWc3523
Anonymous User
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 08:09PM
Ok Bro. Just so everyone knows the part we approved is charity only, not the membership part of the proposal.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 08:12PM by Cajun_Duffer.
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 01, 2009 09:59PM
Who's the new SN secretary ?

Going to bite the tongue on the rest of it...especially #5.
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 12:29AM
You looking for a gig Dillon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 03:02PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You looking for a gig Dillon?

If that person has a vote THEN I WANT IN! You all are going way to fast and Keith I want to see those posts.

If you all are about charity may I suggest donating your own time and money to a cuase. I do, run a surf camp for disabled kids and adults.

Worry about things that could use tweaking. Like the purchasing of merchadise {baskets,discs, shirts...} for the host of the snac. You could lock in a great rate. MAYBE even get that corporate sponsor. We started this when i was on the BOD . I urge you all to find other means but do not take one that is already designated to the championships.

I hope you all where just considering it and this was not voted in! If so you have done a big injustice to the series or at least that is my take!

Thanks for the minutes!
Bob

Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 04:44PM
How will the charity recipient be determined?
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 04:58PM
Two_Finger_Slinger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How will the charity recipient be determined? they are leaving it up to the host city if I read correctly!

Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 05:20PM
Bob is correct, at least from what I know about the idea. The SNPC host city would select the chairty. I don't know if the charity would have to be approved by the BOD or not.

The amount I heard was $5 from each $20 tag sale, but I don't believe the final plan has been disclosed. Certainly the amount can be negotiable. From what I know, it appears that the success of this plan depends on bag tag sales continuing to do well and the landing of a corporate sponsor that's apparently being worked on.

Now that a vote has been taken, I think the board owes it to the players to explain the plan in a thread on the main page where there is more traffic.

rWc3523
Anonymous User
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 05:43PM
Bag-Tag Sales and Southern National Publicity
(Revised)





This idea is something that I have been thinking about since the thread on charity events and creating a positive public view of disc golf and the Southern Nationals Disc Golf community in particular.

I will try to relay this idea in a professional and respectful manner, that being said; here we go.

I have removed the membership part of this proposal because the community does not want membership fees. I still believe that all Pros should have a bag- tag to play in the SNPC because the money is going to the SNPC. All Pros that play in the SNPC should support their event.

How can we ask an “am” player to purchase a bag-tag to help the SNPC and not have the Pros that plays in the SNPC to have one?

1. We charge $20.00 for the bag-tag.

2. Here is how the money would break down:
a. $15.00 goes to the SNPC pay out; and
b. Here is the kicker; the other $5.00 goes to the host city’s charity choice.

Example:
Memphis is hosting the SN championships in 2010. Let’s say Memphis decides that they want St. Jude’s as their charity. We sell 500 bag-tags that give Memphis $2,500.00 to give to St. Jude’s. This allows us to open doors that have never been opened to us before.

Think of how good the SN will look when we crown our pro champion and then that champion turns around and gives St. Jude’s a $2,500.00 check. Also, think of how many corporate sponsors we could get by saying “Mr. CEO, if you give $2,000.00 for our championship then we will give St. Jude’s $1,000.00 of your money.”

I realize that it is too late for the next part of this idea, but next year we could make the bag-tags with the host city’s charity choice on them. (i.e. 2010 St. Jude’s SN bag-tag)

We could grow the SN bigger and better while showing that we are a part of every community in our region.


This would provide positive publicity for the SN in the host city every year while also relieving some of the burden of the cost for the event. It would make it easier for other cities around the SN to host fundraisers for the event. They could go to companies in their respective cities and say “Mr. CEO, we are hosting a tournament to help raise money for St. Jude’s and any money that you give to us, half will go to St. Jude’s.”

What does a player get for purchasing a bag-tag?

1. Every player that purchases a bag-tag gets the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping a good cause; and

2. Every player with a bag-tag will be allowed to vote for the BoD.(not part of what was voted on)

Jim O and I are going to work the bag-tag idea. We would like to get at least one more person to help out, if possible.


One last thing, Jim O spoke with Innova Disc and they told him that if we did implement this proposal that they would make a custom basket for a raffle for all bag-tag holders. Meaning, if I won the raffle, I could have them make me a LSU basket or anything that the winner wanted.




Sincerely
Keith C. Bodin
Southern Nationals Board of Directors Member
Anonymous User
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 05:51PM
This is a quote from Jim O on page 1 of the thread "New Ideas for SN Membership" on 24 August 09 at 9:13 pm:

"i agree this is what needs to happen if we want to move forward.we must set up a great plan and follow thru.here somethings that needs to happen.
#1 PLAYERS MUST UNDERSTAND WE NEED EVERYONE TO BUY A TAG.WE SHOULD SELL 500 EACH YEAR.
#2 WE MUST HAVE SUPPORT FROM ALL HOST SNQ CITIES TO BUY TAGS AND GIVE THEM OUT AS PRIZES AT THERE EVENT.
#4 AT BOTH AM AND PRO SNC HAVE THEM READY AND SELL THEM ALL WEEKEND.
# 5SNAC GIVE THEM OUT AS A PRIZES TO ALL THAT CASH, JUST AS THEY DID THIS YEAR.
#6 KEEP UP WITH THE TAGS YEAR ROUND ON THE SITE.
#7 INNOVA WILL GIVE AWAY A CUSTOM BASKET AT THE SNPC, SO EACH BAG TAG MEMBER WILL GET A CHANCE TO WIN A BASKET , MAYBE INNOVA MIGHT GIVE TWO BASKET IF WE SUPPORT THIS AND SELL 500 TAGS AND DONATE $2500 TO CHARITY.
#8 CONTACT ALL SNQ TD TO SEE IF THEY WILL SUPPORT AND BUY SOME TAGS.
#9 POST ALL MEMBERS ON THE SITE.
Get involve with this great ideal, now go ace one for me, and buy a 2010 membership bag tag challenges. Jim!! "
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 02, 2009 06:12PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You looking for a gig Dillon?

No. Just thought it was funny how they made up a position just for Hogman to sit in on the meeting, although he did say he was the SN secretary still.
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 05, 2009 11:07PM
I was thinking about this just now and thought of a potential compromise solution. it seems that there is a fair amount of opposition to taking $5 dollars from the SNPC and giving it to a charity based on the original intent of the bag tags and it taking away from the championship. There is also support for giving to the charity for several reasons. Any chance that the board would consider simply raising the price of the tags $5 to pay for the donation to the charity?
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 06, 2009 10:15AM
curt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was thinking about this just now and thought of
> a potential compromise solution. it seems that
> there is a fair amount of opposition to taking $5
> dollars from the SNPC and giving it to a charity
> based on the original intent of the bag tags and
> it taking away from the championship. There is
> also support for giving to the charity for several
> reasons. Any chance that the board would consider
> simply raising the price of the tags $5 to pay for
> the donation to the charity?

Curt, no offense but,

any chance the BOD can come up with an original plan? Wholesale retail would leave more then enough to give to a charity and a host!

Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 06, 2009 10:52AM
What are the consequences if someone doesn't post their tournament results in the 2 week window? What happens then?
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 07:29AM
^ Nothing.
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 08:34AM
there then is your problem; not rules but enforcment
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 10:09AM
You nailed it, Mike. Same way on the course.

rWc3523
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 10:25AM
as of right now we have not discussed any actions against late posting, but I would like to see a monetary value added to it. Say $25 or something added to the fees sent it. That's my opinion, not the views of any other board member. There is NO reason for results not to be posted in a timely manner. If the tournament is over Sunday, then by Wednesday the results should be in.....period....TO ME.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 11:50AM
I think that is a little unrealistic deadline... maybe a week or two.


Why would TD's follow a guideline when a precedent has been set by previous board members that you can just ignore the guidelines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 12:55PM
I agree with that statement also. This again is what I would like to do, but I believe the two week thing is a step in the right direction.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 01:22PM
And if the $25 penalty is not paid, what do you do then? Penalize the club, the TD? Does the SN want to "suspend" a TD when they're might not be anyone else to run an event in a particular area. How big a problem is this? How many events are turning in their results a week, two weeks, or later? If it's not a big problem, why bother with it? just sayin'

rWc3523
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 07, 2009 02:15PM
No its not a big problem at all, but I think we should be proactive instead of reactive. If this does ever happen then I don't want to hear..."why has the BoD not had rules of this situation?" It hopefully wont come into play. I am not trying to be a bad guy on this, I just believe as a group we should be more organized. Again, this is not the views of all BoD members....Just a thought I had.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 08, 2009 07:59AM
Geez, you guys are worried about silly stuff like results??? Worry about the fees being sent in.

I still hope you guys have re thought the bag tag tie in with charity??? If not you guys are messing with a good thing and being lazy by not creating something new! I repeat, there is no need to tie a charity in with the championships. Pick a date where everyone in the series runs an event the same weekend for charity, try the wholesale retail avenue.....................

Just do not come in to the first meeting and vote to change something with out tabling other ideals!!

Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 08, 2009 08:22AM
ONE STEP AT A TIME BOBBY!!! paaaaaaleeese!!!!
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 08, 2009 10:15AM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ONE STEP AT A TIME BOBBY!!! paaaaaaleeese!!!!

my point exactly! They are off to allocating moneu during some of thems first meeting on the BOD!! Slow down and make changes where they are needed and not change what is/was working. I am just giving them options instead of taking the easy way out and raping the bag tags!

Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 08, 2009 12:20PM
Just do not come in to the first meeting and vote to change something with out tabling other ideals!!


Ideas*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013