Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: SN Bod Minutes for 9/30/09 Meeting.
October 08, 2009 12:48PM
Yeah, Hobbit, the words "ideas" and "ideals" are interchangeable here even though they mean two totally different meanings.

But I digress...

The BOD's plan hinges on bag tag sales increasing. If bag tag sales increase THIS year, it doesn't necessarily mean they will increase NEXT year when this plan goes into effect. If 400 tags are sold this year, there's $8k for the SNPC. If only 400 tags are sold in 2010-11, the SNPC will receive $6,000. Could the goodwill of the $2k donation help land additional sponsors that make up for that $2k? Maybe, maybe not. They're hoping it will, but it will be up to the host city club to seek out those corporate sponsors, which I assume they would do anyway.

The BOD members who voted on it are trying something to raise more money for the SNPC. I guess it's a case of doing something rather than doing nothing. If it doesn't work out, they can always scratch the idea with another vote. The PDGA has done similar things. Remember the Clif Bar deal and the marketing firm they hired? A lot more money was lost there. Of course, there was no reason to act so soon since this plan is a year or so away.

rWc3523
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013