Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Re: SN BoD Minutes for 11/11/09 Meeting
November 19, 2009 07:47PM
bigal5657 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe the main part of this vote was to ensure
> that one round had to consist of at least 18 disc
> golf holes. The other was a seperate issue all
> together, but I believe it was the correct one.

What about courses with an odd number of holes? The PDGA requires 36 holes be played for tournament, but will give ratings on rounds with as few as 13 holes. We have run a couple of tournaments on our 7 hole course that were made up of 3-14 hole rounds.

Bill Bullington
November 19, 2009 08:39PM
two rounds of 21?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
November 19, 2009 10:43PM
That course in particular was majorly in the discussion. We are going in a different direction than the pdga on that one Bill. We voted that it would have to be at least 18 holes. 2 rounds of 21 there would make sense. 3 rounds of 14 however did not. I know it's been done, but that is how we voted and why.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
November 20, 2009 11:21AM
Backups are far fewer in 14 hole rounds than 21 hole rounds, we have done both.

Bill Bullington
November 20, 2009 11:22AM
We felt we needed some standards... Is what it is.

November 20, 2009 12:01PM
I'm wanting to run a super class, Zephyr only, 18 or 36 hole event at Ashe Lake someday.

If I wanted to sanction it, everyone would be playing recreational div. Could the sanctioning fee be like just a sponsorship for the SNC's?

How would that work?
November 20, 2009 12:17PM
You would still be collecting $2 a head?

November 20, 2009 01:26PM
Yeah, I would want to sanction the super class event. Sanctioning means $2 per player. Not really sure about points since everyone would be playing rec. Not really worried about points, but I know for some it's a concern.
November 20, 2009 03:11PM
Hmm... if they are only playing Rec, then I don't know what purpose sanctioning would be. Not trying to dissuade you but maybe just doing it as a SNC fund raiser and just take what would be the sanctioning fee as a donation.

I just don't know if playing Rec would get people into the championships... I could be wrong on that. I know they don't officially get any points though.

November 20, 2009 08:07PM
Massive, you could do Pro, AMs, and Rec because throwing a Zephyr isn't all too hard for the experience players. Other than that I wouldn't sanction it. Also, why couldn't there be a 1 round globee SN event? Was this topic that important, more important than other topics? (like the 6 month rule, redoing some wording on some of the rules, etc)

Terry Zeringue
November 20, 2009 09:07PM
We are always open to suggested topics of discussion... just post them or PM them and we'll make sure it's discussed.

November 20, 2009 09:12PM
BTW, that is just how this "lesser of importance" topic came up.

A SN player asked us to discuss and come up with some guidelines... so I personally don't feel like it wasn't that important if a player bothered to PM us and ask us to discuss it.

November 21, 2009 12:18AM
very true gil, just was wondering, didn't think i would have been brought up, but it was and ya'll took care of it, good job guys

Terry Zeringue
December 29, 2009 06:43PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We felt we needed some standards... Is what it is.

Maybe I should let this go, but.....

How can you accept rounds with mulligans and not accept rounds of 17 holes???

Bill Bullington
December 30, 2009 10:07AM
The particular situation that came up was because of what constituted a "round" of golf. A round of golf is and more than likely always will be 18 holes. It had nothing to do with anything else on that matter. As for with Milligans, what score gets turned in is not up to us. If they sell mulligans to raise money for something I personally have no problem with it at all. As for 17 holes being one round...I do. It has been voted on and approved that 18 holes is a "round" of golf. And we in the SN require at least two rounds of at least 18 holes to be considered for sanctioning. Hope that answers your question Bill.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 30, 2009 02:11PM
17 holes of golf played by the rules seems to me to be much more of a round of golf than 18 holes ignoring the rules.

Bill Bullington
December 30, 2009 03:22PM
Well I guess we can just agree to disagree. I don't believe it's breaking the rules to have mulligans if it is posted ahead of time.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 10, 2010 12:15AM
Was there any justification given for the "round" requirement to be set as a minimum? The only reason that I can see 18 being used as the minimum is a precedent coming from ball golf and a common societal understanding that a round of golf is 18 holes. In my mind, is should be just as acceptable to have fewer holes as it is to have more holes. If we're going to allow tournaments to be played on 21 hole courses, I just don't see the logical reason that it is any different than playing on a 15 hole course. The "magical" 18 hole # is something that is rooted in tradition. Is there a competitive reason that 18 is the bare minimum that we should be allowed to play, and if not, what is the justification in not allowing a few less holes, instituting a maximum, or making a hard count of 18 holes define a round of golf (This last option would get my last vote).
December 14, 2010 07:26PM
Bump
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013