Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN BoD Meeting Minutes: 12/9/09

Posted by bigal5657 
SN BoD Meeting Minutes: 12/9/09
December 15, 2009 07:13PM
Sorry I have not put these up sooner. I have had computer issues and did not want to post this on my cell phone. Merry Christmas to the SN.

Members present: Mark Darby, Josh Lenox, Allan Morrow, Kevin Richard, and Don Tomasko.
Meeting began at 8:05pm. Will Corey entered the meeting at 9:01 pm

1. Voted 3-0 to ban Victor LeBlanc (sacalaitwhisperer) from the forum, again! (Kevin and Don abstained)
2. Voted 4-1 (Josh voting no) to amend the 6 month rule. As it sits now, the rule says that if you cash (win something in a tourney) in a division that you cannot play in any other division lower than that division you have cashed in for 6 months from the last time you cashed in said division. We changed that rule to a 4 consecutive tournament minimum in that cashed division instead of 6 months. This unless there are special circumstances such as injury. If this occurs, each individual case will be voted on by the BOD.
3. Also stated that next meeting will not take place until Jan. 6th as to let people break for holidays.

Meeting adjourned at 9:13pm

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: SN BoD Meeting Minutes: 12/9/09
December 15, 2009 08:22PM
Do I understand the new rule correctly, that a player must fail to cash in 4 consecutive events before he can move down?

What is the hierarchy of divisions?

1 Open
2 Master
3 GM
4 Advanced
5 Advanced Master
6 Intermediate
7 Rec
8 Jr.

Where do the gender restricted divisions fit in? Can a pro woman play intermediate or advanced (with the guys) when there are no other pro women?
December 15, 2009 08:44PM
By what the handbook says now....the women do not have to have a set number of participants to play in a division. As for them moving into the men's divisions I believe an open female may play as low as the advanced men's division. That is what I believe the last board made a ruling on. I could be wrong. As for the "hierarchy" of divisions.... I do not understand the question being asked there. I will try to explain our position the best I can on what you are asking Mr Kevin.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 15, 2009 09:58PM
Moving from open divisions to age-restricted divisions is a lateral move, not up or down.
December 15, 2009 10:13PM
Allan you are incorrect... the board tied and Jim O voted AGAINST letting women play even the Advanced Men's division.

An Pro Woman would have to move over and play Open if she didn't want to play by herself.

If I understand your question I would say there is:

Open (with age protected variations IE Pro Master... all being equal as Adam has stated)
Advanced (with age protected variations as stated above)
Intermediate (this is the bottom)

So if you move up to Advanced and cash then, yes you would need to then fail to cash at the next 4 tournaments before you can move down. This should keep people from being able to play Open and cash then just sit out 6 months prior to SNACs and then be able to play Adv. If you move up and cash we would just like you to give it an honest try vs sitting it out. Four tournaments shouldn't be more than 6 months for most players.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
December 15, 2009 11:04PM
Thanks Gill.....That is why I said I believe. I hope he answered your question Mr Kevin.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 15, 2009 11:45PM
I know these questions are remote and preexisted the rule change so thanks for answering anyway.

In most cases it is obvious what a lower division is for the purposes of the rule. Others are not so obvious, like pro women playing advanced.

If you go by best scores, GM is prolly a lower division than Advanced.

Often the best advanced score is close to the best Master score and the best GM score close to the best advanced master score.

Are there any two divisions that are the same level?

Listing the divisions in high-low order would resolve these issues, however unimportant they may be.

I did not mean to be a pain. Thank you for serving and reporting.
December 16, 2009 01:17AM
Any division that plays for cash should never be able to "slide" to a division that plays for plastic. Playing for cash mean you are in a PRO division, playing for plastic mean you are in an AM division.

Terry Zeringue
December 16, 2009 03:50AM
OK, but is that (no pro slide back to am) what you think the rule should be or what you think it is?

I read both rules to allow a slide from Pro to Am, after 6 months / now 4 consecutive events, of no cash.

If pros are lateral then I imagine the other skill levels are too, so the hierarchy is:

1. All Pros
2. All Advanced (including the one and only Am Masters)
3. All intermediate

Simple enough, but that would mean a pro master casher can slide back to am master or advanced.

One could cash in pro master, then no cash 4 times in open, then slide back to am master.

Sounds pretty crazy to me, but if pro divisions are lateral then isn’t that the result?
December 16, 2009 04:53AM
Yes. Only there is no AM Masters Division at all. Only Adv Masters

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 16, 2009 10:11AM
I understand what you are saying Mr. Kevin, but I think the way it should be applied is as follows: if you cash in Pro Master then you should not be able to go play in Open 4 times, then move back to Adv. Master. You should have to play the next 4 tournaments in Pro Master ( or the next 4 tournaments that you play in Pro Master, not necessarily the next 4 total tournaments you play, but the next 4 that you play in Pro Master) and not cash. Then and only then could you move down.
December 16, 2009 10:48AM
Good point Adam. I guess if we see people doing that we will address that.

That would get more complicated because sometimes there might not be any pro-masters so they would have to play Open.

I think the pro/adv master division is one of the biggest challenge with this situation, it's not that large and they are all very competitive.

December 16, 2009 11:35AM
So the rule is now if i cash in a higher division then I can play 4 tournies and not cash and move back down(consecutive)? Am I seeing that right?
December 16, 2009 11:53AM
Yes, if you play Adv and cash you would then have to fail to cash in 4 consecutive tournaments before you could move back down to am. So in Mobile that would be about two weeks. ;)

December 16, 2009 12:08PM
Well 4 weeks as many tournies that I play...LOL
December 16, 2009 03:41PM
So now, even less of a reason to not try and move up. ;)

December 16, 2009 05:41PM
Great maybe you can use your own advice as well!!!
December 16, 2009 05:48PM
Mike, gill can't throw 400ft like you can. That really helps.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 16, 2009 08:07PM
Word... I'll trade my disc golf skill set for yours Mike... then I can move up and you can stay in Ams with ZERO concern of anyone thinking of you as a bagger. ;)

December 17, 2009 06:04PM
Does this mean that if I don't cash in my next 2 ADV tournaments I can play in AM Men after that?

oh btw,, gil, I still have two names on the stat page

Terrence Zeringue from the LA States, needs to be under Terry Zeringue with the rest of trnys I played in. Thank you.

Terry Zeringue
December 17, 2009 06:28PM
Terry you need to be moving up, not down.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 17, 2009 07:52PM
Wow, so the 6th month rule goes from confusing to even more confusing.

How about we make this not confusing at all and have CLEAR CUT RATINGS?
December 18, 2009 08:53AM
ratings are SOOOOOO OOOOver-rated.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
December 18, 2009 09:06AM
Dillion how does the new rule make it more confusing. You cash in a division and you are there for 4 consecutive tournaments and not for 6 months. Sounds simple to me. It doesnt matter to you anyway. The ratings are coming also, but you wont like them either. So chill out. The SN is so bad in your mind anyway....why do you care? Dont like it dont play or talk on here. Plain and Simple. We are doing what we think will help the SN move in the right direction. I know Gill and I were not elected, but the people who were quit for various reasons. We were next in line..... Thats how it works. Let us try to do things that we feel need to be done. If you dont like them run for the BoD and change them.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 18, 2009 01:42PM
I wouldn't be on the bod if you paid me.
December 18, 2009 01:43PM
Good thing it's a voluntary position...
December 18, 2009 02:45PM
So you are saying it is a tough place to be?

Anonymous User
January 19, 2010 09:18PM
While I agree that Victor is a complete dooshbag, I don't think he should have been banned.

Is the SN so fragile, so close to extinction, that one uber dooshbag's commentary can harm it? I think not.

Sad to see the SN run by people with no respect for the SN tradition of freedom of speech, and by people with no respect for the rules of fair elections.
January 20, 2010 08:02PM
Though I abstained, due to conflict of interest, I hope that I can look at the situation objectively and I'd have to ask "when do you draw the line"... I mean it was beyond out of control at many points. Hell, I gave him his own thread (in the main forum) to rant on but that wasn't enough.

Anonymous User
January 25, 2010 03:17PM
I think you should have given him a knuckle sandwich instead.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

cox3 , DJ
Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013