Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Board Minutes 9/15/10

Posted by lesliez 
SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 15, 2010 10:34PM
Meeting started at 8:03pm

Members present: Marc Darby, Leslie Easterling, Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengle, Justin Tolbert, Kevin Richard (entered at 9:20pm)

Pro Championship Exemptions
* No merchandise for exemption, cash only. (5-0)
* Exemption rasied to $1500 per player/ No limits on exemptions paid by any one person or corporation (4-1)
* Player can not receive an exemption two years in a row/ "one exemption for all 3 championships in a two year period" (5-0)
- Ex. A player that plays in the Pro Championship 2010 with an exemption, can not get an exemption for any of the other 3 championships in
2011. Player is not eligible for an exemption again until 2012.

Am Championship Exemptions
* No merchandise exemptions, cash only (5-0)
* Exemption raised to $400 per player/ No limits on exemptions paid by any one person or corporation (4-1)

Moderating the Forum
* John K will moderate the forum for a period of time to help clean it up.
* Board will watch the forum to see if it helps, and will continue to discuss cleaning up the forum at the next meeting.
* We will discuss what is "appropriate" posting, and how do we define "appropriate".
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 15, 2010 10:48PM
Awesome lady and gents. DONT LET PEOPLE GET TO YOU.......or have kids to get you out. hahaha. If yall need any help whatsoever let me know.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 15, 2010 10:59PM
For the record I still said to consider my self absent and have a strike against me (per our attendance policy).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 07:43AM
Let me guess, Gilly, you were playing golf!
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 07:48AM
good job all!!!!
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 08:57AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the record I still said to consider my self
> absent and have a strike against me (per our
> attendance policy).


You are actually in the clear. As long as you show up for some portion of the meeting you are considered present.
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 09:18AM
And not a peep about the financials. New boss, same as the old boss.

Business as usual, nothing to see here, we don't need to account for any SN money. Even if it means lower payouts at the championships.

Oh but these new people care so much. Hey Jamie what happened to your SN Bag tags?

Bueller...bueller...
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 09:44AM
Good Luck new BOD members!!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 09:45AM
I got 5 tags from Allan and could only sell 4 of them, so I sent Josh $80 and the 1 unsold tag.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:04AM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And not a peep about the financials. New boss,
> same as the old boss.
>
> Business as usual, nothing to see here, we don't
> need to account for any SN money. Even if it means
> lower payouts at the championships.
>
> Oh but these new people care so much. Hey Jamie
> what happened to your SN Bag tags?
>
> Bueller...bueller...

One thing at a time, Bluff. You can't expect 3 new people to come in and get everything together from that situation in one night. It's going to take time, people getting the info to us, etc. I'm not going to make decisions or vote on things that I don't have all of the info on.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:15AM
That's interesting Jamie, because the SN Treasurer tells a different story:

"I was in contact with everyone I sent tags to (Kieth Bodin, Alan Morrow, Massive J, and Jim O)"

Interesting. So Jamie, you're not the least bit concerned that the SN Treasurer is telling a different story from you, when it seems the money from anywhere from 50 to 100 bag tags is missing?

So we can look forward to another two years of the SN in complete disarray Jamie?

Are y'all sure you even want me to run the 2011 SNAC if all I'm going to do before that is demand accountability and honesty of our elected Board? Gosh, I can really be a pain in the rear end when people keep trying to look the other way while the funds vanish.

I really would like to add a couple of events to the schedule, but if I can't be sure the money will go where y'all say it will, I have to do what's best for my players and look for another way to promote my events. And somehow, I doubt I'm the only potential TD thinking ya know, maybe the SN started out with good intentions but now it's not living up to its standards.

Of course, it's really the people who ask questions on the forum who caused this whole mess. I guess we should just shut the forum down, that way y'all won't have to answer any questions, and we won't have to hear any lies about how many bag tags were sold, or how people that finished last in the vote got put on the Board, or how past boards disregarded proper voting procedures, or how even this year, it seems no one who voted online had their vote counted. Shutting down the forum will solve all your problems, oh except that pesky problem about credibility that keeps growing and growing and growing and growing.

Oh and before you say, but Bluff, you don't want to help, I and Mr. Bodin have both volunteered to take over for the SN Treasurer, but it's funny, that doesn't seem to have come up for discussion either. Well, I guess we'll just wait until more funds come up missing and then y'all can get back to us. Oh and by the way, I can't make your missing funds re-appear, even I am not that talented.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:17AM
Quote
Bolt
You are actually in the clear. As long as you show up for some portion of the meeting you are considered present.

Not in my book.... I hold myself to a higher standard than that.

Quote
Kernan
I will post no more on the subject (after I finish this post) until a week from tonight.

Classic Kernan... say one thing and do another.

In their defense.. the exemptions was a topic that had come up BEFORE you brought up the tag money issue as was the forum moderation (though I think that could have taken a back seat).

Either way, when I hopped in at 9:20 and saw the meeting was still going on, I was quite shocked... that was a long meeting. The meeting didn't end till 9:50... that's almost 2 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:19AM
Quote
Kernan
Of course, it's really the people who ask questions on the forum who caused this whole mess. I guess we should just shut the forum down, that way y'all won't have to answer any questions, and we won't have to hear any lies about how many bag tags were sold, or how people that finished last in the vote got put on the Board, or how past boards disregarded proper voting procedures, or how even this year, it seems no one who voted online had their vote counted. Shutting down the forum will solve all your problems, oh except that pesky problem about credibility that keeps growing and growing and growing and growing.

Interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:24AM
Just to be clear, I offered to do the bag tags and accounting for that one program.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:42AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just to be clear, I offered to do the bag tags and
> accounting for that one program.


That doesn't matter... We are talking about Kernan here... you can say what you want and he'll just make up whatever he wants anyway. Just like when he accused me of taking money but when I called him out to demonstrate how accusations work he just went to "dumphuck, I never said you were involved" odd, that's not what the black and white text says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 11:50AM
Kevin, show us where I accused you of taking money. And when you can't, how about resigning? I'm not the one with the credibility issue.

What I said was is that you as an alleged SN Board member, should feel an obligation to investigate where the SN bag tag money went. But you don't, because you just want to keep destroying the SN from your member's chair.

How anyone as dishonest as Kevin gets admin privileges is beyond me. Maybe the new members are talking about getting rid of cancerous Kevin when they're talking about cleaning the forum up? Because everyone agrees (except kevin) that Kevin is the #1 problem with the forum.

Kevin used to be the #1 problem with this entire series, but for now, the inability of the Board and Treasurer to account for all the funds has taken the top spot.
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 12:02PM
Oh and Jamie, by the way, Allan said on the other thread that he gave you 10 tags, not 5.

If I have to choose between you and Allan on who's telling the truth, I'll go with you Jamie. So Jamie, do you appreciate Allan saying things that look like you might have kept some of the bag tag money? Don't you think as a new BoD member it's in your best interest to not proceed under a cloud of suspicion?

It's starting to look like Allan has some real issues with accounting as well. How about it Hogman, can you give us an accurate tally fo how many tags you sold or had? You've changed your story quite a bit. Maybe your brother took them? I thought he was joking on the other thread but I'm not so sure now...
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 12:11PM
Hey Kernan... since it was "show me the proof or resign" will you do the same when I show you the proof and resign from being a douche?


This comes from this thread [www.sndg.org]
Quote
Kernan
While my taking over tracking bag tag sales would certainly eliminate the possibility of Josh or Jim or Kevin or even you from looting the kitty yet again

As I said Kernan, put down the bitterness and you might get some where. I'll take my apology now... I assume you will at least do that as we all know you can't stop being a douche.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:01PM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bluff Magee Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And not a peep about the financials. New boss,
> > same as the old boss.
> >
> > Business as usual, nothing to see here, we
> don't
> > need to account for any SN money. Even if it
> means
> > lower payouts at the championships.
> >
> > Oh but these new people care so much. Hey Jamie
> > what happened to your SN Bag tags?
> >
> > Bueller...bueller...
>
> One thing at a time, Bluff. You can't expect 3
> new people to come in and get everything together
> from that situation in one night. It's going to
> take time, people getting the info to us, etc. I'm
> not going to make decisions or vote on things that
> I don't have all of the info on.

are you sure?

Justin,

It looks like you all went crazy changing all the things that where not broke! Why raise the exemption cost?

And why not take merchandise for the AM side of things? Since they do give prizes at these events. Or lets see I will give you 400 in cash, then the host goes and buys prizes at wholesale. Then turns around and cooks the numbers to 1200.

The series has only had the exemptions used 3 times. And yet you guys went and up the ante. I just don't get that at all, the rest of its contents seems reasonable.

It is hard enough to get a 1k sponsor let alone a 1500. Tweak what was already in the bylaws, not change the law.

And I would think the missing bag tags where more inmportant then raising prices in an already tough economy. As that would be 1660 for next years event.


Thanks for stepping up as it does look like you all showed up:)))

Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:07PM
justin thats great i agree with you 100% come on folks give them time. and if all your doing at this point is trying to stir the pot; it can't be stirred no more; good luck b.o.d.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:11PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because everyone agrees (except kevin) that Kevin
> is the #1 problem with the forum.

That's a stretch.

I'm going to give people the benefit of the doubt that no money was "stolen". It really just seems like the honor system backfired. NEVER rely on the honor system when it comes to money within an organization. Money should have been presented up front for the tags before they left JimO's hands. When you float tags to different clubs or TDs, you're then giving trust to them that the correct amount of money will be collected, and the money will be turned in. It's better to have just 1 person collecting money and selling the merchandise than it is to have 20 different clubs responsible for it.
I believe of the first 200 that were "sold" that not all of them were actually bought with money. It sounds like the 200 might have been (!!!example figures here!!!) 100 bought with cash and 100 given to clubs/TDs that were promised to be sold. Of the 100 promised to be sold, maybe only 48 were actually sold. This would mean there are 52 floating around unaccounted for. Maybe the ones that the clubs and TDs received were given as prizes and no money was collected?
If we can't sell bag tags through one person, then maybe we shouldn't sell bag tags at all?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:31PM
Just so you all know.... The bag tags were mentioned at the end of our meeting, and will be discussed at the next one. It was my first time recording the minutes, and next time I will be sure to add what was discussed (no matter how briefly), not just what was voted on. We have plenty more to discuss next meeting and future meetings.

Thank you all for the feedback and comments.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2010 01:33PM by lesliez.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:33PM
> > Bluff Magee Wrote:
>
> are you sure?
>
> Justin,
>
> It looks like you all went crazy changing all the
> things that where not broke! Why raise the
> exemption cost?
>
> And why not take merchandise for the AM side of
> things? Since they do give prizes at these events.
> Or lets see I will give you 400 in cash, then the
> host goes and buys prizes at wholesale. Then turns
> around and cooks the numbers to 1200.
>
> The series has only had the exemptions used 3
> times. And yet you guys went and up the ante. I
> just don't get that at all, the rest of its
> contents seems reasonable.
>
> It is hard enough to get a 1k sponsor let alone a
> 1500. Tweak what was already in the bylaws, not
> change the law.
>
> And I would think the missing bag tags where more
> inmportant then raising prices in an already tough
> economy. As that would be 1660 for next years
> event.
>
>
> Thanks for stepping up as it does look like you
> all showed up:)))

The BoD was responding to an issue that was brought to us through many players in the SN. We want to encourage people to earn points to participate. This is OUR championship for OUR series. People just be lucky enough to be able to BUY their way in. If it's only happened 3 times, so what if it gets upped. The championship and series is growing, so we upped the sponsorship exemption. If the exemption has only been used 3 times, then that tells me that people don't sponsor for the sole purpose of exempting people. We're not preventing people from sponsoring or donating.
If people want to sponsor people and put ringers in the championships, then they need to fork out the cash. If you don't want to put up the cash, come play in our series and earn some points.
The reason why the exemption rule was address first? We have enough info on it right now. Again, I'm going to look into the bagtag issue more before I make a vote/decision on anything.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:46PM
Justin summed it up nicely!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2010 01:49PM by lesliez.
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 01:57PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Kernan... since it was "show me the proof or
> resign" will you do the same when I show you the
> proof and resign from being a douche?
>
>
> This comes from this thread
> [www.sndg.org]
> #msg-176829
>
> While my taking over tracking bag tag sales would
> certainly eliminate the possibility of Josh or Jim
> or Kevin or even you from looting the kitty yet
> again
>
>
> As I said Kernan, put down the bitterness and you
> might get some where. I'll take my apology now...
> I assume you will at least do that as we all know
> you can't stop being a douche.


Kevin, we know you were asleep for most of your education and now it's even more obvious you skipped English class way too many times. While I know it's useless trying to educate you, I will point out for the rest of our dwindling, disgusted by fraud audience that the key word in that phrase is "possibility", and the other key word is "or".

There's more than one possible looter. I don't know who it is, and I didn't say it was you. I did say that you wouldn't be able to loot the kitty (and whoever did wouldn't be able to loot again).

So, will you resign, or will you continue to focus only on your pathetically damaged reputation and not do your job as a board member? I think we all know.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 02:06PM
THANK YOU JUSTIN for being a man of sound mind with the ability to see possible explainations to this other than the current "witch hunt" that seems to be so popular....
THANK YOU to all the B.O.D. for your service for the next 2 years... i realize that ya'll have VOLUNTEERED to work/serve the Southern Nationals and not all your decisions will be popular, but i know that each decision will be weighed as to what is best for the series in the long run...
not that it means much, but you have my support and i'll do all that i can to help in anyway...

later,
jc "jose"

be good
have fun
____________________________________________________________
real name: james c. cannon
owner of "The MAGIC SPIRIT Bottle"
El Presidente' of TEAM D.F.L. & The JUSTICE LEAGUE (super-human disc golfers with mere mortal abilities)
Anonymous User
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 02:08PM
Leslie, and Justin, I do want to reiterate that I have offered to stop posting if Kevin would stop posting, and I have also offered to step into the boxing ring with Kevin to raise money for the SN or for charity. Kevin, being an attention whore and a coward, has of course refused to help.

So, if you're going to do something, I would suggest that you find a way to remove Kevin from his post on the BoD ASAP. It is unbearable that he continues to be allowed to represent the SN. I think we can all agree that the SN began its fall from grace almost immediately after Kevin was allowed Admin privileges here; in fact his presence on the BoD has been so negative it created an atmosphere where whoever it was that looted the bag tag money thought that no one would hold them accountable because Kevin has chased so many people away from this once-great series that it seems no one cares.

It must be excruciatingly difficult to have to work with someone as demented as Kevin, and yes, it is the biggest reason I did not run for election despite numerous suggestions I do so. So, if there is anything we can do to help you get rid of the coward attention whore Kevin from the SN, please let us know.
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 03:06PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the record I still said to consider my self
> absent and have a strike against me (per our
> attendance policy).


why where you absent or late?

Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 03:06PM
Bluff,
Unfortunately, we all represent the SN. People who play in the SN tournaments are representing the SN. People who post on the SN forums to discuss SN issues represent the SN as well. Expressing personal opinion on this forum is one thing, but letting yourself get to a place where you're throwing around personal insults and name-calling is completely different. It's childish.
Kevin isn't representing this organization any worse than anybody else is, and that is NOT saying that he's doing a bad job. If you're going to start pointing the finger at Kevin saying that he should be removed and such, you'll need to look at a lot of others as well. Some self-examination may be in order.
There's always a "best way" to handle things. That "best way" should be sought. You may not achieve it or find it, but you need to seek it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 16, 2010 03:18PM
^^ I like this guy ^^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 51
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013