Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

SN Board Minutes 9/15/10

Posted by lesliez 
Re: SN Board Minutes 9/15/10
September 20, 2010 03:06PM
Crunchyfrolfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also agree with Jim and Keith..no points...no
> play..period....

The one thing Jim actualy got right is the SNPC is going backwards. One reason no one can account for the money. Bag tags uncollected fees... And secondly the great event in Mobile was generated from tons of sponsorship so without that you will never have that big of a payout again. It still all comes down to the host and of course keeping track of the funds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2010 03:33PM by Tax Man.
September 20, 2010 03:09PM
Arkansas filled up both years they hosted. 144 in 08 and 146 in 09

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 20, 2010 03:34PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Arkansas filled up both years they hosted. 144 in
> 08 and 146 in 09

If it fills up then the sponsor issue is not a problem

September 20, 2010 04:55PM
Sure it is... are you gonna take away the exemption at that point, after someone has already paid for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 20, 2010 07:39PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> Sure it is... are you gonna take away the
> exemption at that point, after someone has already
> paid for it?

I will bet you 1500 that it never happens! No one will sponsor 1500 for an exemption, especialy if you limit the host club from being able to do what THEY WANT WITH the FUNDS THEY raise! Jim is right the SN is going backwards, for various reasons.

Has the BOD gotten any closer to finding out where the 88 tags are?? As that is something to worry about as Jim got has the new BOD playing right into his hand! And who is going to give the players back the 400 that was wasted????

September 20, 2010 07:56PM
I will make a deal with you.

I will give 200.00 of the 400.00 you are talking about if we can end this discussion.

Deal?

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
September 20, 2010 08:18PM
Bob
I will bet you 1500 that it never happens! No one will sponsor 1500 for an exemption

Umm, Slawdog already did... why wouldn't someone do similar?

September 20, 2010 09:12PM
I'd wager that Slaw Dog would have donated that money even if there wasn't an exemption attached to it. I still don't believe that sponsors are supporting these events just to enter players with no SN points.

How many player exemptions were there in the 2006 SNPC that Mobile hosted? A good club can raise a lot of money without the promise of a player exemption.

How would it look if the four players in the final all came in on exemptions? Jim and Terry's vision for the SN was a Worlds-like event for players in the Southeast. If I'm wrong, he can correct me.

rWc3523
Anonymous User
September 20, 2010 09:19PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> I will make a deal with you.
>
> I will give 200.00 of the 400.00 you are talking
> about if we can end this discussion.
>
> Deal?

Interesting. One person that allegedly turned in the money for the 88 missing tags from last year (Keith) has offered $200.00 for everyone to shut up about what happened to the funds, and another, Jim O, has already offered $300.00 for everyone to shut up.

That sure is interesting! It is what it is. I wonder, why do the folks that sold tags last year want this kept quiet? Neither Allan nor Jamie have the balls to offer an explanation for their part in the scheme either. Interesting.
Anonymous User
September 20, 2010 09:27PM
Tax Man Wrote:
> Jim is right
> the SN is going backwards, for various reasons.
>
> Has the BOD gotten any closer to finding out where
> the 88 tags are?? As that is something to worry
> about as Jim got has the new BOD playing right
> into his hand!

You got that right Tax Man!

That's Jamie on the top and Justin on the bottom LOL

Meow , everyone look the other way while Jim sells bag tags all year long and only turns in the money for 18 meeow meeow

Meow, isn't it neat that Jim O sold 8 in one day on Saturday but somehow he only sold 18 last year? Meow Meow, Oh Jim, meow, yes Jim, you're right, there's absolutely no reason to believe what you said on the internet about how many you sold Meow Meow!!!
September 20, 2010 10:10PM
Russ3523 Wrote:
> I'd wager that Slaw Dog would have donated that
> money even if there wasn't an exemption attached
> to it. I still don't believe that sponsors are
> supporting these events just to enter players with
> no SN points.
>
maybe RWC, but they where very upset when they where told otherwise and it was alittle late for them to back out
> How many player exemptions were there in the 2006
> SNPC that Mobile hosted? A good club can raise a
> lot of money without the promise of a player
> exemption.
>
Mobile has the most DG courses in a small area then anywhere else in the country. Not to mention to good TD's WW& Lasonde. Sadly Memphis would have been a joke without the 4k. and was still 700 short of Mobile. I think they are the second biggest SN city as well

> How would it look if the four players in the final
> all came in on exemptions? Jim and Terry's vision
> for the SN was a Worlds-like event for players in
> the Southeast. If I'm wrong, he can correct me.
>
> rWc3523

lol, that is 6k and the likelyhood of that happening are very slim. But I hope one of them puts in 2 dollars next year and still wins. As for the vision, it has come along way with them sitting on the sidelines and letting the TD 's run the series. As you and I both know that is what is/has been done.

September 20, 2010 10:15PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> I will make a deal with you.
>
> I will give 200.00 of the 400.00 you are talking
> about if we can end this discussion.
>
> Deal?

What part of the discussion? The part the BOD foolishly wasted 400.00 or the part that 88 bag tags are still not accounted for?

Are you for sweeping it under the rug? Or do you want to know what happened to $1660.00? Seems like more money then the exempt player won, but the BOD would rather vote on that in the first meeting they have.

September 20, 2010 10:43PM
Bob, give them time on the missing money. It doesn't sound like something that can be dealt with in a week. It should be looked into, no doubt.

And yeah, a guy could enter an SN event and have donated $2, but at least they played one SN event, which is the current rule. It's the principle of the thing, really. I just like the idea of these top-flight players competing in an SN event, rather than taking an exemption. And it's been said before, sanction the event and qualify the whole field for a lot less than $1,500.

rWc3523
September 20, 2010 10:52PM
Bob
maybe RWC, but they where very upset when they where told otherwise and it was alittle late for them to back out

And they wouldn't be upset if the tournament filled up and it was taken away then?

September 20, 2010 11:01PM
Were they upset about the number of exemptions?

That I can understand and that's been sorted out, I think. Doesn't help Slaw Dog, but another loophole is closed, at least until another is found.

rWc3523
September 21, 2010 12:21AM
Russ3523 Wrote:
> Were they upset about the number of exemptions?

YES
>
> That I can understand and that's been sorted out,
> I think. Doesn't help Slaw Dog, but another
> loophole is closed, at least until another is
> found.

Yawn..........
>
> rWc3523

Anonymous User
September 21, 2010 06:30AM
Here's what the first meeting of the SN Board looked like:

September 21, 2010 03:15PM
can a player get 2 SN points for being a staff member / volunteer at a SN qualifier? thank you
September 21, 2010 03:21PM
As it stands (to my knowledge) only if they are a TD. Now they can play AND volunteer if they want (BR rarely has a non playing staff member, except for Yon, who is just s soldier).

September 21, 2010 03:28PM
ok thanks
September 29, 2010 07:08PM
Slawdawg did state that they were going to donate $4k to the SNPC anyway, regardless of the exemptions - so with that said, letting Nikko have an exemption effectively made their donation become only $2200, no extra money came with his exemption, that was not going to come to the SNPC anyway - so yes, that is taking away from the total purse

also, I think it is dumb to let a host city raise money and use this raised money for an exemption - if a tournament is being held and they sell 20 hole sponsorships for $50 each, they have "raised" $1000 - saying they raised the money and can do what they want with it when it comes to exemptions is not fair to those who gave them the hole sponsorships in the first place - those people likely didn't sponsor the event so that the club can then turn around and invite a player on an exemption - this again, is taking away from the total purse

the point of exemptions is to bring extra money to the purse, otherwise we would be defeating the purpose
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

cox3 , RTG
Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013