Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Board Minutes 9/29/10

Posted by lesliez 
Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 29, 2010 10:06PM
Meeting started at 8:02pm

Members present: Marc Darby, Leslie Easterling, Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengle, Kevin Richard(on phone--lost contact from 8:25-8:45)

Minutes

Financials 2010
- Discussed overall concerns/comments about Financial Report
- Discussed TDs/Clubs not paying event fees in adaquete time period
* Certain TD/Clubs consistently don't pay (discussed reasons for not paying in timely manner)
* Some clubs pay all at once at the end of the year

SN Points
- Player must play one full round in a tournament to earn 2 points (4-1)
* EXAMPLE...a player can't just send in entry and not play OR play a couple of holes and quit (MUST complete ONE FULL ROUND)
- Even if they don't play full round their $2 is still given to the championship

Bag Tags
- Jim will continue to run bag tags
- 200 tags were made for 2011
* 100 usually sell, but more were sold last year, because they were given away at SNAC
- Discussed ways to encourage players to purchase tags
* We want/will encourage TDs/Clubs to have a seperate Ace Pot ($1 or $2) for current tag members (NOT ROLLING Ace Pot)...throw off if there is no ace by current members at tournament
* Also, CTPs for current members ONLY
* TDs should have tags available to sell at tourney if they are going to have an Ace Pot and/or CTP for current tag members
****EXAMPLE...Lee Naquin will have a $2 ace pot and CTP on Hole 9 at the Hill for all bag tag holders, and tags will be for sale at tourney :)

Next Meeting Agenda
- Examples of inappropriate post on forum for JK to use as a reference.
- Discuss recruiting sponsors on a national scale for Championships
***Meeting will include these topics, but others will/could be added***
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 29, 2010 10:29PM
Great Job on the min. I would like to make a huge suggestion on the tags.
1st) They need to be ready BEFORE the double championships. We have had two back to back record breaking turnouts for the past two and they have not been available for sale by them. Missing a huge sale opportunity.
2). Give away 1 bagtag in each Player Pack at the SNAC(At least 100 each year - Lowest was 111 since 2005). That is $2000 right there and could be automatically deducted from the money sent to the SNAC host ahead of time.
3) Give the Top 25 away at the SNPC. The Top Pros should start with the top tags. This is another $500 automatically.

If this is done you have already gotten 125 out in circulation and can still sell more from there. $2500 out of the gate is not bad!


Think about it.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:07AM
We want/will encourage TDs/Clubs to have a seperate Ace Pot ($1 or $2) for current tag members (NOT ROLLING Ace Pot)...throw off if there is no ace by current members at tournament
* Also, CTPs for current members ONLY


Seems simple enough on the surface but it is adding more work to each event to run "special" ace pot throw offs and who is going to cover the cost of the CTP's ?

JABBA


it MUST be the plastic
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:14AM
Having the tags readily available at the championships and tournaments is a good idea.

Ace pots and CTP's or other bonuses for tag holders at tournaments is a good idea. Easy to come up with prizes for the tag holders, just have one less ring of fire prize, or use 1 of the tournaments sponsor's $$ for tag holders etc........how bout a cash CTP instead of a disc........

Taking $2000 from the SNAC payout to give to the SNPC, is probably not such a good idea. That would be like taking $.50 from every Am's entry fee all year long and just giving it to the SNPC. You are already taking $.25 from them as it is to pay for the tags and other things.

Better payouts for the Pros should come from fundraising and sponsorships, not an Obama-like redistribution of the wealth scheme.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 08:28AM by CrispyCritter.
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:14AM
Don't force this bag tag mumbo jumbo. If we want one we will buy it. Giving us a 3$ tag for 20$ payout is ripping us off.

Let Jim do the bag tags? Yeah, let him. He seems to have done a great job with last years and seems to have a great memory...Next.
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:21AM
Yes, ripping us off 2,500$ from the get go is a joke.
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:28AM
Your retarded. The goal is one to push the tags and two to get the SNPC with a higher payout. Personally id rather have a bagtag in my player pack then a disc I will never use or cannot even trade or a spice.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:33AM
1. that is the goal , 2. there are other ways of doing so then taking $2,500 for $375 worth of junk, that my friend is ripping us off, a 700% markup.
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 08:50AM
JIM ORUM [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Re: 2011 SN BAG TAGS MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE PLEASE READ
September 14, 2010 12:13PM Registered: 4 years ago
Posts: 2,642
Please step up and take these bag tags, all i can do is post on here and send them out untill someone else steps up, Remember funds are sent to Josh please sent note with payment, thanks Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (251) 478 0379 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Just wondering if JimO changed his mind?

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 09:03AM
lesliez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meeting started at 8:02pm
>
> Members present: Marc Darby, Leslie Easterling,
> Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengle, Kevin Richard(on
> phone--lost contact from 8:25-8:45)
>
> Minutes
>
> Financials 2010
> - Discussed overall concerns/comments about
> Financial Report
> - Discussed TDs/Clubs not paying event fees in
> adaquete time period
> * Certain TD/Clubs consistently don't pay
> (discussed reasons for not paying in timely
> manner)
> * Some clubs pay all at once at the end of the
> year
> Did the BOD decide on what to do if fees are not paid?

> SN Points
> - Player must play one full round in a tournament
> to earn 2 points (4-1)
> * EXAMPLE...a player can't just send in entry
> and not play OR play a couple of holes and quit
> (MUST complete ONE FULL ROUND)
> - Even if they don't play full round their $2 is
> still given to the championship
>
> Bag Tags
> - Jim will continue to run bag tags

Was this a vote?

> - 200 tags were made for 2011
> * 100 usually sell, but more were sold last
> year, because they were given away at SNAC
> - Discussed ways to encourage players to purchase
> tags
> * We want/will encourage TDs/Clubs to have a
> seperate Ace Pot ($1 or $2) for current tag
> members (NOT ROLLING Ace Pot)...throw off if there
> is no ace by current members at tournament
> * Also, CTPs for current members ONLY
> * TDs should have tags available to sell at
> tourney if they are going to have an Ace Pot
> and/or CTP for current tag members
> ****EXAMPLE...Lee Naquin will have a $2
> ace pot and CTP on Hole 9 at the Hill for all bag
> tag holders, and tags will be for sale at
> tourney :)
>
> Next Meeting Agenda
> - Examples of inappropriate post on forum for JK
> to use as a reference.
> - Discuss recruiting sponsors on a national scale
> for Championships
> ***Meeting will include these topics, but others
> will/could be added***

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 09:21AM
We did discuss what happens when fees are not paid...BUT, based on the records discussed...majority are paid on time, with a few TDs/Clubs delayed. It was stated that in the past, if it is not paid on time they are contacted....and that has done the trick to get them to pay. This is something that will be kept on eye on. It was stated that if a TD/Club didn't pay they were not allowed to run another tournament, which from the information we were given has not had to be used.....

We didn't vote on the bag tags...there were many options discussed. The main focus was to encourage SN members to buy the tags and help support our series. We were throwing out ideas on how to promote members purchasing tags. I feel like this topic will continue to be a topic of discussion...


Seems simple enough on the surface but it is adding more work to each event to run "special" ace pot throw offs and who is going to cover the cost of the CTP's ?

JABBA


We are merely encouraging TDs to support the cause. I have volunteered to run the Ace Pot and CTP at the Lee Naquin (it wasn't just an example ;) and I will be contacting other TDs of tournies I will be attending offering to run ace pots and CTPs...so there will be no extra work.
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
September 30, 2010 09:26AM
Thank you for the answers Leslie.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 01, 2010 07:30AM
If I pay to play a tournament, and I'm at a tournament, and I start the first round, and 9 holes into the round something unforeseen happens and I must drop out, the td won't give me entry back, and my $2 goes to the championship, I should have a right to be qualified. I put forth an effort to play AND my $2 is going. If my $2 goes I should be able too.

Terry Zeringue
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 01, 2010 11:09AM
Zinger though I COMPLETELY agree with you. This happened with James Kainer at the Lafayette tournament the other day. The thing is, if you look at his results it just simply says DNF, DNF, DNF. How are we to determine that he actually showed up?

From an administrative point of view there is no other way to handle this then to say "if you don't have a score for rd1 then, no points". Everyone says don't put more burden on the TD's. Well this is the only way we can control this without adding any extra burden on the TD's.

That is the reason I personally voted Yes to the one full round issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 01, 2010 01:27PM
There are drawbacks, such as having to withdraw because of an injury, but sometimes rules have negative effects on people. How often has someone had to withdraw because of an injury in the first round? Probably not often. I think in the grand scheme of things, it's a good idea. Even though they paid their money and decided to forfeit any chance of cashing, I still don't like it when players in PDGA events withdraw after poor rounds to protect their ratings.

rWc3523
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 02, 2010 08:16AM
Gill, if someone's almost finished the rnd but seriously cannot make it thru, could he ask the td to give him/her a score of 99 or something? Kinda like taking a 7 on holes missed but without actually counting them up.

Terry Zeringue
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 02, 2010 11:50PM
Not a terrible idea Zinger but it does just add a layer of BS for the TD and really how often is this gonna happen that it causes an issue? I understand trying to make this as fair as possible because it would stink for the player in that instance... but it would be a rare instance and even more rare that those 2 points will matter for that player.

I guess I think this is the best balance of fair for players while not introducing another task for the TD to have to deal with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 03, 2010 11:10AM
What about taking $2,500 from the AM payout and going straight to the Snpc for giving out 125 sn bag tags in the am players packs. That's $375 worth of tags being sold for $2,500 , a 700% mark up.
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 03, 2010 12:02PM
Good idea Dillon, I'll mention it at the meeting. Glad to see you coming up with good suggestions like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 07:13AM
I'm NOT for that. That's a rip off.
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 09:04AM
Let me see if I have this straight. You're going to let the guy who only turned in the money for 18 tags last year be in charge of the tags this year? Even after he posted a picture showing he had 73 left of the last 100? 27 minus 18 equals 9 missing right there, not counting the others missing which was least 61 tags from the first 200.

You're going to let the guy who couldn't remember that he had most if not all of the first 200 tags at some point from last year raise the money this year?

Just want to make sure I'm not hallucinating again.

What exactly were the Board's concerns about the financials? That they were written in crayon?
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 10:14AM
Bluff, what a joke huh. Let me keep track of the tags. I promise to only to keep HALF the tag money, ok not even half, one third.
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 10:23AM
There were a couple of other people that volunteered to keep track of the tags, or so I thought.

I don't think our series will be successful going forward if our best strategy is "hope".

Jim got the Board he wanted; I guess there was a reason he wanted them after all---no real effort to keep track of all the fees. Oh well, somehow this will get twisted into being Satter's fault. That Satter, he's the issue.
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 02:45PM
The SN Treasure should provide a financial report to the BOD on a periodic basis. Can someone on the current BOD please tell me how often it is prepared and how much detail it includes? Is there a specified format that it follows? I realize that it would be a very simple model; however, there is a “model” for reporting the SN finances correct?
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 03:07PM
I agree with Kevin. Maybe once a quarter at least.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 04:28PM
I know im not current, but last year we got it once.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 06:50PM
Dillon, I like your sarcastic idea also. With comments like that one, you may have a chance to be elected next year. Try something that is constructive and your chances to be elected to the BOD may increase! Also, thanks for trying.
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 04, 2010 08:53PM
Chunk, the alleged SN Treasurer told me that if you send him a PM he will tell you everything you want to know.

Don't know why he wants it kept a secret, but hey, who are we to judge?

Also Leslie, I have a great way to raise more tag money other than encouraging TDs to give more stuff away for free: Have the SN board find someone who will actually keep track of the tags, and not let certain people get away with selling them and not turning in the money. It will probably raise a lot that way.
Anonymous User
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 05, 2010 07:56AM
Robert 'Mac' Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dillon, I like your sarcastic idea also. With
> comments like that one, you may have a chance to
> be elected next year. Try something that is
> constructive and your chances to be elected to the
> BOD may increase! Also, thanks for trying.

Lol, wasn't meant to be sarcastic. Was just asking about it since I mentioned it earlier but it appears no one reads this thread otherwise they'd be 50 other people on here disagreeing with it also.

I think if we want a bag tag we will buy one. They're making incentives, why force it? I see it as 1 step closer as making a membership mandatory.

Taking $2,500 for $375 worth of tags is a blatant rip off.
Re: Board Minutes 9/29/10
October 05, 2010 09:12AM
I gave away 7 tags this weekend at the tournament I ran. I don't think anyone who received 1 will complain about it. The payout was still good. Everyone that was the "turn" card in their division got a bag tag. I thought it was cool to see the people come up in the awards ceremony and pull their tag.

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013