Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Board Minutes 10/13/10

Posted by lesliez 
Re: Board Minutes 10/13/10
October 20, 2010 10:09AM
Big Fat Liar
Keith, Gilly spent a lot of time making that fake thread, but it looks like he used 2005 :)))) I suppose I was thinking I was voted in as the Treasurer, but that may have been before the BOD. I suppose my mind is like Jim's. i remember what I want to :)))))

As far as accountability is concerned, The BOD does not care so why should anyone?

And you accuse ME of being a master of spin. I believe we have a winner.

Credibility... you have none.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 20, 2010 10:27AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Keith, Gilly spent a lot of time making that
> fake thread, but it looks like he used 2005 :))))
> I suppose I was thinking I was voted in as the
> Treasurer, but that may have been before the BOD.
> I suppose my mind is like Jim's. i remember what I
> want to :)))))
>
> As far as accountability is concerned, The BOD
> does not care so why should anyone?
>
>
> And you accuse ME of being a master of spin. I
> believe we have a winner.
>
> Credibility... you have none.

Yawn!!!! and you ol buddy have done nothing for DG or the SN. Hell you do not even have a golf game after 4 years of playing :))))

And my credit is just fine, care to wager 1k per 10 points?

And Thanks for the laughs as that is all DG is.

October 20, 2010 10:35AM
My credit score is great also... but what does your credit score have to do with the fact that you are a complete LIAR and HYPOCRITE?

You are like a politician that leads a witch hunt against someone in power only to be found out later that he himself is just as guilty (sometimes more).

You back doored your way into the board and then paraded around on the fact that YOUR WERE ELECTED and YOU SERVED ON THE BOARD... well, you weren't elected. So get off your high horse and stop riding other people's a$$ for getting on the board in the EXACT same manner that you did.

Speaking of credibility... how is your local club doing? Oh, you wouldn't know you aren't welcome there... that says a lot when good people like that don't want anything to do with you.

October 20, 2010 10:47AM
Not sure where you came up with the last line, but they asked me to help{spotter?} with the last event they had here. It ran during baseball season so I did not help. I have never been active in the club since I moved here. I joined and only played a few events,but if you feel like you know what is going on here in Jax then it only shows that you have no life what so ever. And Gossip like a little Girl. If any of them had/have something to say they never did, so you should let them speak for the club.

I will send out an email to the local club and share the info here. Not worried about it what so ever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 11:24AM by Tax Man.
October 20, 2010 10:52AM
You are actually correct about one thing... this has become a BIG joke Bob.

BTW Barrett, I have found the punchline. ;)

October 20, 2010 11:03AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> You are actually correct about one thing... this
> has become a BIG joke Bob.
>
> BTW Barrett, I have found the punchline. ;)

I sent an email to the local club BOD. Thanks for sharing the gossip, and who knows you could be right as the last time I played a club event, some punk was not returning discs. He talked a lot of crap {like you} and well you guessed it. He has never been seen at the course again. No one ever said anything to me, other then to nickname me the Anaconda. I like the PUNCHline.

October 20, 2010 11:06AM
Well Gilly, this was a response that I got, but like I said you could be wrong you could be right....

LOL… sorry Bob… had to laugh… I think you know me well enough by now to know I would tell you how I felt!

Let me check and see what is out there…

I removed the name.

October 20, 2010 11:15AM
and to think I thought there was something USEFUL to read here......WTFE
Niether of you will win this conversation discussion arguement. Let it go..... dont drag it any further into the muck.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
October 20, 2010 11:18AM
Either way Bob... your name doesn't carry much clout around here are pretty much many parts of the SN. At least Kernan has a few die hard supporter/fans.

The more people I see/meet at tournaments the more laughs I get at your expense... and TRUST me, I don't bring it up.

October 20, 2010 11:19AM
frzbman Wrote:
> and to think I thought there was something USEFUL
> to read here......WTFE
> Niether of you will win this conversation
> discussion arguement. Let it go..... dont drag it
> any further into the muck.
>
> JABBA

You are right Doug... granted there is no debate here... He has proven himself to be a liar and a hypocrite and that is the end of this sad chapter in the SN. I will post no more as the evidence speaks for itself.

October 20, 2010 11:21AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> Either way Bob... your name doesn't carry much
> clout around here are pretty much many parts of
> the SN. At least Kernan has a few die hard
> supporter/fans.
>
> The more people I see/meet at tournaments the more
> laughs I get at your expense... and TRUST me, I
> don't bring it up.

And the same could be said about you! In fact most just say it here, Dicweed, Douchebag, Cancer......... You clearly have a bullseye on ya. Just sayin:)))

October 20, 2010 11:25AM
Just wanted to clear the air regarding RCDGA and the status of Bob Satter.

Although Bob may be a pot stirrer from time to time, there has never been mention as to him not being welcome in the organization. Heck...we really enjoy it when he participates in our handicap and monthly events! The donations are always welcome!

Sorry about that last dig Bob... but I couldn't help myself!

By the way Bob... time to renew for 2011
October 20, 2010 11:27AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-----------------------------------------
>
>
> You are right Doug... granted there is no debate
> here... He has proven himself to be a liar and a
> hypocrite and that is the end of this sad chapter
> in the SN. I will post no more as the evidence
> speaks for itself.

and now Kevin has also been proven to be a liar and a gossip.

Thanks again for the laughs!

Rhyno, Thanks and I will renew soon

here is another response name removed!
Bob

I can honestly say I have not heard that one yet. Not quite sure where that could have come from. Definitely untrue from the RCDGA BOD. So untrue, consider this our first stab at next year’s membership drive. Renew your membership, now! Seriously, I haven’t heard your name spoken in close to a year other than Casey saying he has been surfing with you. While I may not agree with your tactics, and generally your need to fuel the fire of a lot of issues, I do recognize that you have passion for disc golf and appreciate what you have done for the Little Flyers and some events here in Jax. Consider it bullshit on not being welcomed to the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 11:57AM by Tax Man.
October 20, 2010 11:32AM
I was incorrectly informed and I apologize. How hard is that Bob?

October 20, 2010 03:32PM
> and to think I thought there was something USEFUL
> to read here......WTFE
>
> JABBA

THANK YOU JABBA FOR SAYING WHAT WE ARE ALL THINKING!!!

This is where I get REALLY concerned/frustrated.... this thread pertains to the board minutes on 10/13/10....but it only took it a couple of days to be turned into a bashing event. I don't take sides, but know that we have lost sight of the purpose of this thread. When SN players or possible sponsors want to check out our forum....this is what they find. If BOD members had access I would have pulled half of this thread for the board to vote on whether or not to delete.

If you are going to have a bashing contest use the private messages to do so. We don't want to see folks personal issues and problems with each other aired out on the forum. You are all grown adults, so we really shouldn't have to moderate, but you all have left us no other choice. The forum is being abused.

Leslie
October 20, 2010 03:39PM
Leslie I will respectfully disagree on two points... One, our own players can't seem to find this section of the forum (including JimO it seems at times) much less sponsors. Second, if Bob is gonna lead a crusade against me charged up on the fact that "I wasn't elected" and come to find out he was the first to get appointed that way then I do believe the public has the right to know that. Especially since this is the man that has hounded people based on "accountability".

I agree that I did get sidetracked a bit but it isn't really a need for pulling. It's over and done. Thread drift is just part of the modern internet.

October 20, 2010 04:49PM
Lol, a crusade? Once again YOU are the one the ruined the thread. I asked a few questions and may have been a little off about the missed meeting issue. That is why I asked how the BOD stood. You could have just pasted the rule or answered the question like Leslie did. And then the question would have been answered. I could care less how you got on the BOD. It is the fact you have done nothing for the SN and if I read right you have never even run an event. Maybe the BOD needs to have guidelines like they do for host of the championships:)

Sorry Leslie! I will only ask questions from now on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2010 05:20PM by Tax Man.
October 20, 2010 06:37PM
@ Leslie...WORD.

I understand that, at times, we can all get a little too passionate about this game that we all love....but, we ARE adults. We all need to learn that if we don't have anything nice to say, we should keep it off this forum. (That's what the rest of the internet is for!)

Unlike many other online forums, most of us KNOW each other and see each other on a semi-regular basis. Words have meaning, and that meaning doesn't change just because you read them on a screen.

-Lindsey

BTW, anybody who PLAYS disc golf has done SOMETHING for disc golf, IMHO.
October 20, 2010 07:03PM
LinzB Wrote:
> @ Leslie...WORD.
>
> I understand that, at times, we can all get a
> little too passionate about this game that we all
> love....but, we ARE adults. We all need to learn
> that if we don't have anything nice to say, we
> should keep it off this forum. (That's what the
> rest of the internet is for!)
>
> Unlike many other online forums, most of us KNOW
> each other and see each other on a semi-regular
> basis. Words have meaning, and that meaning
> doesn't change just because you read them on a
> screen.
>
> -Lindsey
>
> BTW, anybody who PLAYS disc golf has done
> SOMETHING for disc golf, IMHO.

Well put Sunshine!!!!!

October 20, 2010 07:21PM
LinzB
Unlike many other online forums, most of us KNOW each other and see each other on a semi-regular basis. Words have meaning, and that meaning doesn't change just because you read them on a screen.

Exactly!

Anonymous User
October 20, 2010 07:23PM
I dunno, this thread was actually much more entertaining than Sports Center if you ask me.
October 20, 2010 08:15PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> I dunno, this thread was actually much more
> entertaining than Sports Center if you ask me.

EVIL JUST EVIL!!!! LOL!!!

October 20, 2010 08:45PM
Gilligan..you know my take on the purpose of the forum and we will just have to agree to disagree. :)

Bob...questions are great, but I love to hear opinions as well :) This is everyone's series. I know the BOD can't please everyone, but we definitely have to here ya'lls opinions to know what you would like to see happen. Can't guarantee it will, but don't think your ideas fall on deaf ears....that I can guarantee.

Leslie

Linz...well put ;)
October 21, 2010 06:26AM
Linz, Keith, so now just cause you throw a disc you have done something For DG or the SN??? I disagree, just cause you eat veggies does not make you a farmer. Put in a course, run an event, fund raise for an event........How can you advise the host of the championships when YOU have never even run an event??? I have a hard time thinking that you have done something other then just played by playing DG. Now if you get involved for that point then that is different, but merely playing is just that PLAYING.

Leslie, it was opinons that created the first BOD ;o))))~

October 21, 2010 07:15AM
Well, Bob.. given the hard time the BoD gets from those that want to see these people have "experience" who do you think will step up? All you have to do is look at the nominations for the past few elections and realize it's hard to get people willing to step up (we had to push the deadline back indefinitely because we only had 2 people running for 3 seats, with a 4th in limbo). If you restrict it to those, "experienced", people then guess how big the board would be?

October 21, 2010 07:32AM
Gilly, I hear ya, but at least the BOD would have some knowledge of DG and knowing what it takes to run a Championship. It is just a thought and I doubt that a change would be made. But it is required of the HOST to have run an SN event during the season. It would only make sense that those asking, have done the same thing at least once. I once toured the White House, but they would not let me sit in the Oval office........

Good Luck as I do not want to mess up this thread anymore then it already has been.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 07:43AM by Tax Man.
October 21, 2010 08:38AM
Bob
But it is required of the HOST to have run an SN event during the season.

Not if you are a current board member?

Bob
I once toured the White House, but they would not let me sit in the Oval office........

Actually that is incorrect. 35 years old, US born citizen.... that's basically it.

October 21, 2010 08:46AM
Tax Man Wrote:
> Linz, Keith, so now just cause you throw a disc
> you have done something For DG or the SN??? I
> disagree, just cause you eat veggies does not make
> you a farmer. Put in a course, run an event, fund
> raise for an event........How can you advise the
> host of the championships when YOU have never even
> run an event??? I have a hard time thinking that
> you have done something other then just played by
> playing DG. Now if you get involved for that point
> then that is different, but merely playing is just
> that PLAYING.
>
>
>
> Leslie, it was opinons that created the first BOD
> ;o))))~

Bob,
I think if you play the sport chances are you will talk about the sport. If you talk about the sport to someone who doesn't know about the sport you are promoting the sport so you are doing something for the sport.

October 21, 2010 09:07AM
And when you play over 20 tournaments a year, you get a feel for what is going on all around the SN. Should it also be a requirement for board members to travel around because how do they know what is going on outside of their little corner if they don't? I think that might be more important than having run a tournament.

I've been involved in every aspect of running a tournament (not all at the same tournament) and I do think it is important to understand the work that goes into a tournament from that end I do think as a board member our function is to serve the PLAYERS and it's hard to serve the players if you never get out and get to know the players.

October 21, 2010 09:55AM
Keith, if that is what they are doing then great, but she just mentioned playing. If I bring a new player out, all he/she would have done was play. I can only hope they contribute in the future, but????

Gilly, all good points!!!!!! 20 a year is a lot and exposes you to various things about DG. Running one and playing 20 are still two different beasts. I do however see your point. I think almost every past BOD member has run an event and some as many as 20. Just thought it maybe a good thing to consider. as for the oval office, has anyone ever won an election by having no past political involvement?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013