Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minutes 11/10/10

Posted by lesliez 
Minutes 11/10/10
November 11, 2010 03:20PM
8:02 pm

Members Present: Leslie Easterling, Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengle, Kevin Richard, Justin Tolbert

Forum Guidelines
*Discussed clarification and examples of violations

*Discussed closing threads from having replies when they progress to arguments, instead of moving thread.

* Voted (4-0) to implement system for pulling a post...."If a violation of a guideline is found or reported a BOD must contact other BOD members to find at least 2 others that agree that it was in violation therefore having it removed/hidden until the BOD can vote at the next meeting."

* We discussed the next steps in the process, but will continue next week and vote. Steps discussed were "If a violate was found with a majority vote at BOD meeting then a warning will be sent out to the user that posted the violation". Next, "If a user violates again then they will be removed from forum for a period of time." The period of time is what is mostly up for discussion.
Re: Minutes 11/10/10
November 11, 2010 04:09PM
Let’s try this again. My computer is acting up  Here are the rest of the minutes for 11/10/10

*Discussed the two threads with a tournament the same weekend being moved. They are currently on the general discussion page. Individual post that are in violation (3 BOD approval) will be hidden until BOD meeting for a majority vote.

*The thread moved will be returned to general discussion. Individual post that are in violation will be hidden (3 BOD approval) until BOD meeting for majority vote.
November 13, 2010 10:34AM
So how did the BOD handle the violations of one person on the BOD? And it seems like violations are occuring more and nothing is being done!! In fact a BOD member has violated more then any other poster. I have a hard time with this system when someone who voted for it does not adhere to it.

LZ, thanks for the minutes. Did you all discuss the option of moving the SNPC this year? Sounds like a great offer from the Vibram guys! That and the fact the SNPC will not be a qualifier for the USDGC.

November 13, 2010 11:29AM
Bob, though we all voted on the guidelines, it has become clear that we all don't have the same idea of what exactly defines some of these guidelines. This was addressed at the time of the initial vote and has now been addressed again as it is become more apparent.

We are working together to determine what is best for the forum that allows us to be the site that we desire to be.

I am certain this will take time and probably lots of fine tuning to achieve a healthy balance.

As stated, next meeting we will be discussing ramifications for when anyone violates the rules. For now they are there for everyone to follow and hopefully obey. If they are violated we now have some recourse into "you should have known better" and editing or removal of the post. This is just one small step towards what we hope is a better forum experience for all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
November 14, 2010 05:14AM
What about the clarification for the masters age? I would like to see the ambiguity removed and some examples listed in that rule if possible.

Thanks,

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
November 14, 2010 10:19AM
Absolutely Shane... we have just been going all out with discussions until we are just burnt... meeting are regularly going at least 1.5 hours.

It will be done though, I promise.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
November 15, 2010 08:25PM
Thank you.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
November 29, 2010 07:05AM
Tax Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So how did the BOD handle the violations of one
> person on the BOD? And it seems like violations
> are occuring more and nothing is being done!! In
> fact a BOD member has violated more then any other
> poster. I have a hard time with this system when
> someone who voted for it does not adhere to it.
>
> LZ, thanks for the minutes. Did you all discuss
> the option of moving the SNPC this year? Sounds
> like a great offer from the Vibram guys! That and
> the fact the SNPC will not be a qualifier for the
> USDGC.

I have not heard anything, but I hope we can make this work as best possible.
November 29, 2010 04:53PM
VibramDiscGolf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tax Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> sounds like a great offer from the Vibram guys! That
> and
> > the fact the SNPC will not be a qualifier for
> the
> > USDGC.
>
> I have not heard anything, but I hope we can make
> this work as best possible.

Maybe one of the BOD will see this post or the host of the SNPC maybe the POC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013