Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

TD Tournament Application Suggestion

Posted by jtolbert 
TD Tournament Application Suggestion
December 17, 2010 09:01AM
Hey guys and gal,
Here's a suggestion from The Zinger in reference to TD applications:

"Now, is it possible to start forcing TDs to submit a SN Tournament Qualifier Application in order to sanction his/her tournament? And if possible someone could even put it online for submittal if it can be done. On this application, the TD needs to check a box off that reads something like this: I have read, understand, and agree with the SN Handbook and will follow the SN Giudelines to the best of my ability. This way there is no playing dumb. Maybe have a spot or section at the bottom where the td can list all tournaments he is wanting to run. If a td lists all for the year that's good, but I believe a td must send in at least 1 application per year he runs a td just so he can check that little box off I was talking about."

Thoughts?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: TD Tournament Application Suggestion
December 17, 2010 09:15AM
If we had control of the website, not a problem. Pretty quick easy form that could be whipped up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
December 17, 2010 09:59AM
Either that, or we could put it on an editable PDF that they can download, save, and e-mail to us.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
December 17, 2010 10:00AM
I just hate that we always have to do things the hard way.

December 17, 2010 10:04AM
Agreed. We would be able to have decent webspace for less than $50 a year.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
December 17, 2010 06:17PM
$50 a year? Those are the fees from a single 25 person tournament. I doubt anyone would object to the BoD using that or even $100 annually for a top notch website. Something else to look at down the road. Sounds like you guys have full plates as it is.

rWc3523
December 17, 2010 06:18PM
Do it and quit asking questions. A lot easier to say your sorry then ask permission.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
December 17, 2010 09:01PM
If the thought is to go that way (and I'm not even sure it's necessary)....I would hope the board would choose a neutral party provider. To avoid the obvious conflict of interest that some board members might have.

JOhn k
December 17, 2010 09:53PM
LOL... some people are childrens.

Good luck with that.

December 17, 2010 10:43PM
Actually a precident was set in regards to board members and possible financial gain a couple years ago. Bill McCarty was on the board and the and a provider/maker of bag tags at the time. The board at that time didn't have him do the bag tags because it was considered a conflict of interest. The bag tags were purchased from a neutral provider.

JOhn k
December 17, 2010 10:48PM
Actually I remember reading of a year that he did do them while on the board... granted there was a little bit of drama but that was due to the fact that they didn't really publicize the bids and it looked like a "no bid contract."

My favorite part was "THE obvious conflict of interest."

December 18, 2010 12:52AM
The following year he did not....due to the fact that he was on the board....and it was considered a conflict of interest.

JOhn k
December 18, 2010 09:52AM
I doubt that would have been much of an issue IF they would have had an actual transparent/open bid the first time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 16
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013