Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BOD Minutes 1/5/11

Posted by lesliez 
Re: BOD Minutes 1/5/11
January 08, 2011 06:26PM
Sorry might be a little late on this one,Dillon please do not take this the wrong way, but when a BOD member drop out ,SN should hold a election or do with out till the next election. SN might want to take a close look at this. SN could end up with a bunch of BOD that never was elected. The reason SN holds a election is to see in what direction the players want SN to go in. So there a reason some get elected and some do not. SN players need to try and find SN players who will run and not back out. SN players must also try and help keep BOD members wanting to be SN BOD members. Sorry thought we had work this out already, Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
January 08, 2011 07:18PM
It's said that BoD members can't even fulfill a two-year commitment. I've been there and it doesnt' consume your life.

It's not worth voting anymore because the ones you support bail and are replaced by the ones you didn't vote for.

rWc3523
January 08, 2011 10:15PM
Jim, the previous boards have already set up the protocol for what to do when someone steps down... it was voted on and put into "law" a long time ago. Just because people you don't like keep getting in because people back out doesn't mean we should change things.

Maybe you should take a step back and look at the fact that the people that you wanted in there couldn't even stick it out and yet the people that you didn't want in there have at least been able to stick it out and do a fair share of work for the SN. How about give those that got cheated out of a fair election their credit when they step up when others stepped down and fill their shoes and sometimes go beyond.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
January 09, 2011 08:02AM
JimO, do you not know the guidlines already in place? By the way, what a great thing to say to the SNs most traveled and most tournaments played player. I get the impression and have heard from others you do not like me, I say to each his own. With that said I've only got two words for you Jim...
January 09, 2011 10:08AM
It seems no matter who you vote for he/she will eventually be on the BOD. Everyone is a winner. How great is that?

I really don’t see the problem with un-elected people serving since there are so few who want to. It basically means anybody willing can do it.

The problem is people not wanting to serve, not unelected people serving. I still agree with Jim in principal but until more people want to serve, there is no benefit to more elections.
January 09, 2011 10:23AM
I do think we need to take a look at the policy again. We could run another election and the person or persons that didn't get a position can run again, so they can have a fair election. I know of at least one person that would have liked to run, so we could have easily had an election with two or more running. Just a thought.

Leslie
Anonymous User
January 09, 2011 10:52AM
Anyone who has a problem can PM me and let me know. Looks like we have a couple that do.
January 09, 2011 11:34AM
dillon it's not you it's the format or lack of. i agree we need to look at this in the very near future; the least we could do is ask the masses after someone steps down, who would be interested in filling that spot and if there are two or more then hey!!! vote, period. and dillon i think jim asked you not to take this the wrong way.
January 09, 2011 01:08PM
You are a BOD member and shouldn't take anything personal. The players will make suggestions and their opinions might not always be yours, but you have to remember you are representing them ALL.

The reason for my above post was......any other election wouldn't just take the runner up (because they were not the people's choice), but they have a process for what to do if someone resigns, dies, etc. For example, if the President was to resign, then the vice president would take their place, and if the Vice Presidnet resigns, (if I'm not mistaken) the GOP takes over. So, that was my reasoning for us (the BOD) to look at the process. Don't take it personal.

Dillon Gourley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone who has a problem can PM me and let me
> know. Looks like we have a couple that do.
January 09, 2011 01:41PM
Leslie,
I think a better analogy would be if a congress person steps down then there is an election in that district for the replacement and not just the person who came in second taking his spot....

January 09, 2011 02:31PM
I have no beef with no one but if you have a problem with me just let me know.

I think it's funny yall want to turn down a volunteer whos willing to dedicate their time for this orginization. No one else even ran, had a hard time even getting 4 people to run... Do what yall wish.
January 09, 2011 02:58PM
Actually Leslie... originally the "loser" of the election became Vice President... So, our process isn't that unheard of.

End of the story is that as of the deadline for nominations we had two people running for 3 seats (almost 4). We had to extend deadlines WAY beyond any other time just to get the number of people to run that equaled the amount of seats we had open. Now we are suggesting we do that all over again?

I think the process is just fine the way it is... it's not Dillon's fault that no one else wanted to run and that those that got phoned in didn't even stick it out. They had plenty of time to step up at the right time. Hell, if we had new elections when someone resigned, then last year we would have had FOUR elections!!!

Just a bit retarded.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 09, 2011 07:08PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Leslie,
> I think a better analogy would be if a congress
> person steps down then there is an election in
> that district for the replacement and not just the
> person who came in second taking his spot....

Much better example! My point is "there is a process", and I think we should take a look at ours.

Leslie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 07:10PM by lesliez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013