Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pro Women in Int Men division

Posted by jtolbert 
Pro Women in Int Men division
January 07, 2011 08:43AM
Here is the statement from the minutes on 4/14/10:
2. We voted to amend the SN Guidelines to allow any pro female player to step over into the intermediate men's division and/or Advanced men's division if they so choose. The points and winnings they receive will go into whatever division they play in such said tourney. We passed this 5-0(Called Marc Darby on phone for vote) This covers Randy Sharp's question on the doubles coming up.

Now, does that mean that they can go into that division at any time just because they want to, or only if there's not enough players to form a Pro Women division in that tourney?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Pro Women in Int Men division
January 07, 2011 09:02AM
Only if there is not another pro women player. It should say "if no other pro women are playing" not "if they so choose".

Great job Justin!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2011 09:03AM by lesliez.
Anonymous User
January 07, 2011 09:46AM
Just wondering, but does this mean Valerie Jenkins can play AM-Men ?

Also, if there is only 1 AM man can he play Pro Women, that is if there is 2 or more Pro Women? Very valid questions.
January 07, 2011 09:56AM
Valerie Jenkins could if she was the only pro woman, but more than likely she would challenge herself and play advanced or pro men ;)

The rule doesn't go for men, because if you look at the results from majority of tournaments.....there are 95-98% men and 2-5% women. So, there really isn't a need for the men to find another division. This rule was put in place to help the number of ladies playing grow, because there is nothing more frustrating than going to tournament after tournament and playing by yourself. I just played the Pickwick tournament by myself and if it hadn't been for the fantastic group of grandmasters I played with, I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun :) We ladies like a good challenge, too! We go to tournaments to play against folks, not just with them.

Leslie
January 07, 2011 10:28AM
Looking at ALL of the "Pro" women that have played SN events, it is REALLY hard to find one that would "dominate" the Am Men's division.

If an AM men would be allowed in Pro Women's division (though they can't), and they were to cash they would then have to play Pro Men's division. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 07, 2011 10:57AM
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I'm updating the handbook now.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 08, 2011 11:09AM
I believe there needs to be a statute of Limitations on these rules. What is to keep next years BOD from changing this rule, as we voted on something like this last year. Just a thought.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
January 08, 2011 10:06PM
Allan, though that is an interesting and good point... I believe they are discussing the one that we past last year and not a new rule.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 11, 2011 07:22AM
Right. We're not modifying what you guys voted on; we're adding it into the handbook so players actually know about it.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 11, 2011 06:49PM
YEA HOG!

BMB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013