Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Double standards of the Board of Directors

Posted by inkjunky 
Re: Double standards of the Board of Directors
January 26, 2011 10:43AM
Not meant to be an insult Kevin... just that it had gotten off topic and probably should be moved to PM's if it was to continue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 26, 2011 11:21AM
No insult taken. The topic is Double standards and if the rule language is not followed expect the allegation.
January 26, 2011 11:24AM
No, your first point was spot on... the subsequent discussion is where we started to drift.

January 26, 2011 12:00PM
I assumed, like Kevin L., that linking to a youtube video containing copyrighted material was a violation. That is what the guideline appears to say. The Board has opened a huge can of worms with these guidelines. There will be more and more questions.
January 26, 2011 12:07PM
We're just trying to do what we were asked to do. Some guidelines will need clarifications and examples. We will need to clarify the linking guideline. Linking to YouTube is not a violation, because they remove all copyrighted material that shouldn't be there.
The linking guideline is to prevent users some advertising a way to download pirated movies, music, software, etc.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
January 26, 2011 12:09PM
If we had these rule in effect when this forum was created all of this would be a non-issue.

I belong to MANY MANY forums (as most of you probably imagine)... I have NEVER witnessed ANY discussion of the rules of any of those forums. They are what they are and you abide by them or face the consequences, plain and simple.

I actually approached a couple of sites that I greatly respect for their lack of drivel and sheer content (and size)... I asked them about their rules as I honestly couldn't find them. And my response was quite frank. They are whatever the moderators want them to be and if you don't like it don't post here.

I felt that was a rather harsh response since I was simply asking where they were located and wasn't trying to antagonize anyone and I felt my wording was pretty benign. But it goes to show that some forums just don't put up with BS and that is that. They then suggested we make some basic rules and apply them, end of story. I really don't understand why there is a huge discussion about them. We never once said "don't ever question a TD or a board member"... all we said was "don't use 'naughty' language". Seems like a very small can of worms in the grand scheme of things.

January 26, 2011 12:13PM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We're just trying to do what we were asked to do.
> Some guidelines will need clarifications and
> examples. We will need to clarify the linking
> guideline. Linking to YouTube is not a violation,
> because they remove all copyrighted material that
> shouldn't be there.
> The linking guideline is to prevent users some
> advertising a way to download pirated movies,
> music, software, etc.

Yes... and this has, as far as I know, NEVER happened. So really we didn't even need the rule. But imagine the outcry from all of you if someone then went and did such a thing and we said they were in trouble for it. We make a rule to stop what IS happening we are jerks, we make a rule for something that isn't even happening and we are jerks for it. Talk about double standards. <--- see how I brought that all back around to the main topic. ;)

January 27, 2011 11:40AM
Noone cares about how MANY, MANY forums you belong to Gilligan. Wo only wish you would spend MANY, MANY more a minute on those forums and not on here!!!!
January 27, 2011 12:47PM
Oh, Tony you are such a card... how things have changed from when you were asking me to get your back with your silly Ransom quarrel. Then I go and laugh at ONE little joke he makes at your expense and now you hate me.

But you are right... no one does care... hell, I don't even care about it, it was just an observation.

January 27, 2011 03:57PM
Gilligan,

Does your use of a four letter word in your last post get you a warning? You told me that regardless of intent that offensive language would not be tolerated. Do the same rules apply to all or are you above them?

Eric Nolte

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 04:35PM by inkjunky.
January 27, 2011 05:03PM
Why are people still crying about this?

Terry Zeringue
January 27, 2011 05:04PM
I would like to know why Gilligan can use foul language and nothing happens!
January 27, 2011 05:07PM
If you can read the word hell, then obviously anybody can use the word.

Terry Zeringue
January 27, 2011 05:17PM
Terry that actually isn't true because the filter doesn't pick up all the words... just the nature of the beast (we can't type in every variation... though usually the "root" is covered.)

As it has been mentioned, the word Hell was already covered back before we even had penalties for breaking the rules.

January 27, 2011 05:28PM
yada yada yada...............................screw the forum guidlines......

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
January 27, 2011 05:34PM
Keith weren't you one of the ones complaining about the trash on the forums when you were on the board (before you quit) and that it was causing problems raising money through sponsors?

Have you become one of those people that made you quit the board now?

January 27, 2011 05:48PM

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 05:54PM by Keith Bodin.
January 27, 2011 05:50PM
Hmm... Odd Keith... I'm willing to put money that this was the FIRST and ONLY time I have EVER said anything about you quiting in any of my post.

Add that to your signature.

January 27, 2011 05:50PM

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2011 05:54PM by Keith Bodin.
January 27, 2011 07:47PM
Zinger, there have been some threads you have been very outspoken, whats the difference? Just askin a friend a question everybody. I hope your doing ok Terry.
January 28, 2011 08:45AM
The ones I've been vocal on are about following the rules, or about a change of rules.

Terry Zeringue
January 28, 2011 09:08AM
And as always, we welcome such a discussion.

February 01, 2011 12:34PM
Want to use guidelines on the forum? Well this thread belongs in the off topic forum or maybe private form

Terry Zeringue
February 02, 2011 10:02PM
Moved to related discussion board.
February 03, 2011 12:53AM
Gilly don't kid yourself. We've never hade more than a 3 minute conversation, and I dang sure wouldn't need YOUR back for anything anyway. And there is no hate here, just dislike of how you abuse this great tool (the SN forum) for all to see, and then call yourself a moderator...

Another thread moved huh?

Stop the censorship please........
February 03, 2011 07:20AM
Can you give us an example of how he's abusing it? If so, maybe we can take this seriously.

Kevin only uses his moderator priviledges when the board approves it. He doesn't do anything as a moderator without the rest of us knowing.

Also, how is this censorship? This thread is still visible. We're trying to clean up the general discussion, which is what we've been asked to do. Having multiple threads all discussing the same thing is unnecessary.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 03, 2011 08:22AM
So, Tony... at the Howler in 09 you didn't get out of your car about the same time I was getting out of my ride and say "Gilligan, why don't you have my back on the forums??" Granted I'm sure you didn't like my response, but hey, I am just as honest in real life as I am on here and sadly that isn't appreciated as much as two faced personalities.

February 04, 2011 08:06AM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you give us an example of how he's abusing it?
> If so, maybe we can take this seriously.
>

It depends on your definition. I think him talking about things that have happened in the past about others is abuse to the people who he is suppose to be serving. The t-shirt remark is another example of the 2 of you making light of players concern. Even if you all dis agree with others you should try and refrain from joking as you never know how someone else percieves it.

> Kevin only uses his moderator priviledges when the
> board approves it. He doesn't do anything as a
> moderator without the rest of us knowing.
>
That is not true as he moved the post about the bod not being able to play in the snac. He then said I was mis representing the SN bod, which was not the case as i was speaking for the tournament bod. And please do not try and say you all get together before a post is removed. Or where you trying to say he removes threads that the bod voted on in terms of guidelines? But we all know you all do whatever you want and are slowly destroying the series wether you think so or not. You just ran the SNAC TD and assitant out of running it for starters!

> Also, how is this censorship? This thread is
> still visible. We're trying to clean up the
> general discussion, which is what we've been asked
> to do. Having multiple threads all discussing the
> same thing is unnecessary.

maybe a few people asked but the majority could care less about you all's crusade with cleaning up the forums. This site has been here for many a year longer then the 2 of you have been playing . And was doing just fine before you all started your crusade!! This thread was fine where it was but if it gives you all a straw to hang on to then..................................

February 04, 2011 08:20AM
Bob
I think him talking about things that have happened in the past about others

Wow, let's not even go there Bob... some of the stuff you have PM'd me has served no purpose to our conversation except to embarrass and hurt others and it was unconscionable. I was quite frankly appalled.

Yes, I moved that thread before discussing it with the board... I immediately PM'd the board with a copy of it and let them know what I did. All it would have taken was a couple of members to say "no, put it back" and I would have. Obviously there will be times that a moderator has to act before being able to discuss and get approval but nothing I have ever done couldn't be undone if the board decided it shouldn't have been done. I also have edited one of Leslie's post without talking to anyone because I caught a mistake she was making... I pm'd her to inform her and she thanked me and we moved on. To you that would be "abusing my powers"... to her I was doing my job. Seems like you are the one making the definition fit what you want as to talk trash.

Bob... things change and evolve... these guidelines should have put up in some form from the beginning. They just didn't see the need and I guess had no experience in these things. I'm about to set up a forum for my father-in-law for his xtian bass club. I doubt they will have guidelines set up at first as they won't have these problems with the members they have. If things change in the future I am certain they will add them. Tis life on the inter-webs. You do realize that the "couple" of people that are asking us to clean up the forums are some of the people that have been playing the sport as long as you if not longer right?

February 04, 2011 09:02AM
Again Gilly he was asking for examples of YOUR abuse! Not mine and like you said mine where in a PM and not an attempt to slander others in public{not that I have a problem with saying my feelings}, You have done that time and time again. You may think you are right about your take and that is your right, but how many threads have been started to directly deal with YOU? Other then Vic, I can not recall anyone else having threads directed towards them! So although you think you have done nothing wrong, others do not share those feelings. And they are the people that make up the SN so try and see the points they are making instead of always using examples to ignore the true problem

And you just showed where you abused your privledges by removing post that YOU think are in violation. Even when they where not like mine. As all that info was how the snac TD felt about the BOD being able to play in the event that we would be running. Although now it no longer matters as we will no longer be TDing the event and the BOD should be proud that they ran off 2 of the best TD's in the SN. I know it is all in the name of censorship. lmao.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 32
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013