Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by BERNIE 
OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 24, 2011 10:54AM
I truly am surprised & disheartened by this realization. I don't think the SN could have made a worse choice if they tried! How can you choose a person who almost constantly berades & argues with nearly everyone who posts on your forum? & why?
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 24, 2011 11:19AM
BERNIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I truly am surprised & disheartened by this
> realization. I don't think the SN could have made
> a worse choice if they tried! How can you choose a
> person who almost constantly berades & argues with
> nearly everyone who posts on your forum? & why?

do you really think this topic/thread is any better than the very things you have a problem with? is this not berating him?

January 24, 2011 12:46PM
Yep, Gilligan is one of several people who donate their time trying to make the forum a useful tool for SN golf. It is a shame that we even need moderators. Many thanks to these volunteers.
January 24, 2011 01:18PM
Am I the only one that sees the irony here???
January 24, 2011 01:56PM
In Kevin's defense he is not the only moderator, I am, as well as John K. We have a process for moderating (moving, deleting, etc.) post and/or threads that do not meet the SN forum guidelines. We have to have three votes from other BoD members before anything is done, so he can't just move and delete as he pleases.

Leslie
January 24, 2011 02:29PM
I'll add to that irony in that I came up with that procedure that Leslie just described.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 24, 2011 03:03PM
True story ..... :)

And to add to the irony ;).... he created it, because I (as a new moderator) didn't have a process and needed to edit rather than remove or move. And we created it, so it isn't just one person's opinion but a majority of our BoD.
January 24, 2011 03:26PM
I does have a certain irony, but Kevin hasn't been as argumentative as he was in the past and seems to be towing the line recently in regards to the now established policies (even though he may not agree with them enclusively) which is good on him. The weight of moderator and SN Board member does weigh heavily upon both Kevin and Leslie. Not so much with me, I do have admin rights but DO NOT consider myself a moderator. I use admin rights to sicky/unsticky tournament threads and edit posts in the schedule thread to show I have acknowledged/added them.

My duties include scheduling tournaments and posting results and occasionally depositing SN fees that are mistakenly sent my way (which coensides with an email and pm to Josh letting him know what I deposited and who/what tournaments it's for)

JOhn k
January 24, 2011 03:44PM
Biggest.
Crybabies.
EVER.
January 24, 2011 04:33PM
I dont have a problem with this at all ....as long as he is the moderator and not the instigator...not that Gill and i have ever had a problem. I just know what i read from other posts.

Lecy
January 24, 2011 04:44PM
This thread is still a BIG JOKE

Terry Zeringue
January 24, 2011 04:57PM
AciDBatH666 Wrote:
> Biggest.
> Crybabies.
> EVER.

Quoted for truth. I've been sooo close to never coming to this forum again many many many times :(
January 24, 2011 05:47PM
I come here to see the action!
I'm gonna start a popcorn business and mail people free samples for signing up. I swear. I idle thru here every once in a while. I don't even post any more because it's just a disappointment.

You got people in one place wah wahing about Kernan getting banned for something he was warned about, and you got other people boycotting the tournament in Nola because they're some crybabies when it comes to actually acting CIVIL on a forum. Then you got people actin like it's Auschwitz up in here because there's a little bit of control and decency because now you're required to uphold yourself to some standards.

I swear, you people ASKED for some cleaning up here. And when it starts to happen you all lose your @#$%& minds.
What the hell is wrong with you people? Were your hopes and dreams of a clean and organized forum replaced with bad memories of being beaten with reeds while being shoved inside a burlap sack?
I mean seriously people. A handful of ya'll are IDIOTS.
January 24, 2011 05:51PM
Back to disc golf now..

Kenneth Gustine
[www.ColumbusDGA.com]
January 24, 2011 05:59PM
We should all be greatful of the bod and all the other volunteers in sn land, I'm glad someone is actually cutting the garbage out of this site and focusing on what it should be, the great sport of disc golf, thank you gilligan, leslie, john, dillon, jamie, and josh (sorry if I missed one, long day @ work) but keep up the great work.
January 24, 2011 06:01PM
AciDBatH666 Wrote:
> I come here to see the action!
> I'm gonna start a popcorn business and mail people
> free samples for signing up. I swear. I idle thru
> here every once in a while. I don't even post any
> more because it's just a disappointment.

Unfortunately, a lot of people feel this way.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 06:02PM by jtolbert.
January 24, 2011 07:10PM
Just like your game ZINGER.

I didn't ask anyone to clean up anything. & I also have considered never coming to this forum again. That would very likely be the best approach.

& I apologize to the rest of you who feel as if I am somehow holding back the sport of disc golf's progress by starting this thread. I honestly am shocked that GILLIGAN is in anyway responsible for mediating this forum. Being that he was one of the main reasons I stopped taking part in these discussions on YOUR forums in the first place. & I am certainly not the only one. & BTW whether it be someone being extremely argumentative or extremely oppinionated. YOUR mediator is certainly as guilty of these indescretions if not more so than anyone who has ever posted on YOUR forums. & the banning of someone who has, in the very near future, obligated himself to undertake a huge project (running the snac) that will directly benefit YOUR disc golf organization is absurd.
January 24, 2011 07:23PM
BERNIE Wrote:
> YOUR mediator is certainly as guilty
> of these indescretions if not more so than anyone
> who has ever posted on YOUR forums.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on this comment, it's probably been a while since you've observed the posts that Gilligan has made. Since we've posted the guidelines and had some discussion within the BoD concerning our behavior, Gilligan hasn't been instigating arguments. In fact, from what I've seen, he's been supportive of varying view points and considered many opinions. He's been abiding to all of the guidelines in place.

> the banning
> of someone who has, in the very near future,
> obligated himself to undertake a huge project
> (running the snac) that will directly benefit YOUR
> disc golf organization is absurd.

So, being the TD of the SNAC gives a person the immunity to deliberately post material that they've been told they shouldn't? So, after he's been warned to NOT post that material, yet he does it anyway, we shouldn't carry out the action that we've set in place? So, the TD of the SNAC shouldn't hold himself to a standard in which he doesn't deliberately do something that he's been directly told he shouldn't do? I guess I just need your clarification as to what is so absurd about it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
January 24, 2011 07:25PM
Bernie couldnt agree more with your post but it doesnt matter anymore!
January 24, 2011 07:30PM
Ouch Bernie, that hurt.

Terry Zeringue
January 24, 2011 07:41PM
Credit where credit is due.

If Bernie had posted his last comment more than 60 days ago, it would have been 100% correct. In the recent past, however, Gilligan has been very well behaved on the forum.

Bernie is still correct that Mike should not be banned for 90 days for the word he used.
January 24, 2011 07:45PM
Pssst....it's moderator, not mediator.

JohnK
I does have a certain irony, but Kevin hasn't been as argumentative as he was in the past and seems to be towing the line recently in regards to the now established policies (even though he may not agree with them enclusively) which is good on him. The weight of moderator and SN Board member does weigh heavily upon both Kevin and Leslie.

x2
January 24, 2011 08:15PM
Bernie
Being that he was one of the main reasons I stopped taking part in these discussions on YOUR forums in the first place. & I am certainly not the only one.

To all the rest, you are welcome. ;)

BUD
January 24, 2011 09:58PM
So how many of the "moderators" were actually ELECTED??? The decisions are being made by persons who were appointed?, ordained?, volunteered?...How were the persons picked?? Whatever, I agree that Sillygan is a strange choice. BUD5996
January 24, 2011 10:08PM
For Example ^ Look Up
^ ^
^ ^
^ ^
^ ^
January 24, 2011 10:12PM
Buddy... I found it for ya:

Taken from [www.sndg.org]
BOD Meeting Minutes
6, Voted 3-3 to ask Brian Moon to allow Kevin Richards forum administration powers. (Bodin, Gardner, and Tommasko voting yes, Lenox, Darby, and Corey voting no) Jim Orum was asked to cast the deciding vote.
Jim Orum voted yes to Kevin being allowed to have forum admin privelidges if approved by Brian Moon. Will will contact Brian.

So I guess you could say I was "ordained" by the "messiah" himself. I also think it took about 3 days to get the rights coincidence? ;)

January 24, 2011 10:13PM
BERNIE Wrote:
> For Example ^ Look Up
> ^ ^
> ^ ^
> ^ ^
> ^ ^

Yep, Bernie... I still have a sense of humor... tragic ain't it.

January 24, 2011 10:15PM
In case you missed it. Three posts up. That is your moderator not being able to control his sarcastic comments. & that is very precisely what I have been talking about.
January 24, 2011 10:20PM
But we never made a rule about taste.

Can I not make jokes once I become a Mod? I belong to many forums and all the mods there make jokes and have some fun from time to time.

Hell, I probably harass Eric Day the hardest on this site... maybe Zinger. I have yet to hear them complain. I did play a very pleasant round with Terry and his wonderful girl friend, and share a nice conversation with Eric this weekend. I harassed them all the same all day long. ;)

January 24, 2011 10:42PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> But we never made a rule about taste.
>
> Can I not make jokes once I become a Mod? I
> belong to many forums and all the mods there make
> jokes and have some fun from time to time.
>
> Hell, I probably harass Eric Day the hardest on
> this site... maybe Zinger. I have yet to hear
> them complain. I did play a very pleasant round
> with Terry and his wonderful girl friend, and
> share a nice conversation with Eric this weekend.
> I harassed them all the same all day long. ;)

I can not stand Gilligan, I want him banned form the site for har@ssment. (self edit, dont want to be banned) ; b
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 29
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013