Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by BERNIE 
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 25, 2011 01:21PM
THANKS JIM
January 25, 2011 01:36PM
i don't get it.
January 25, 2011 02:17PM
The words that I would use to describe the collective anger over the missing bag tag money from last year are far, far worse than the bland pejorative Mike used to get banned from the forums.
January 25, 2011 02:21PM
That may very well be the case Rob... I'm sure I have used harsher words also in my discussion of said topic... but I do appreciate your respect in that you refrained from using them on our public forums.

You, and anyone else are more than welcome to freely express yourself in the private section if you feel you just can't do it unabated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 25, 2011 02:50PM
Having an opinion isn't the problem.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
January 25, 2011 04:39PM
Gilligan wrote: If you look at the minutes you will see that Leslie is now in charge of keeping track of bag tag money from here on out.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify.....I am keeping track of who has tags, who's paid/not paid, how many they have left, and I have all of the remaining tags in my possession (which I would love to give to folks/tds to promote at your tournament...please PM me). Josh is our treasurer and he is the one in charge of bag tag money collection (so once you have paid for them send the money to Josh :).

Sorry for the drift....just wanted to make sure all the players had the correct info :)
January 25, 2011 07:42PM
Gilligan dont "flatter yourself"!! You dont like Kernan, ADMIT IT!!!! Kernan and myself have had our fair share of arguements but I consider him a friend! You instigate Kernan all the time and vice versa! I dont care that Kernan was booted off this site or the pdga site! What I do mind is the way you act so innocent and coy! Many a times Kernan has posted things not even remotely related about u and you jump on the keyboard and get all in his business. You may have the power to boot people off at the click of a button, but many a times you should have been on the recieving end! I dont care anymore. I guess by Jim voting you in the BOD you owed one him one bt the bag tags! WINK WINK . To everyone else I apoligize bt this rant, but this is the way I feel bt things and for that I im not sorry!
January 25, 2011 09:57PM
Good point Leslie, I certainly didn't mean to confuse that matter at all... I meant to say it exactly how you said it.

Brad. I am honestly very disappointed with society when I come here. If it is truly that hard for people to understand how to separate emotional from professional then I am very afraid for the state of humanity.

Call it what you want, I just call it truly sad.

January 25, 2011 10:52PM
HA!
I'M NOT SAD.
January 26, 2011 12:22AM
Well said Brad! It baffles me how Gilligan even got in this position. A position where he can delete other peoples' posts, and be a part of getting someone banned who has done soooooooo much more for the sport than he will EVER do. What was Gilligan's so called "credentials" for geting this position anyway? It sure wasn't his Directing of tournaments, b/c to my knowledge (and I may be wrong, I am not on here much anymore) he hasn't even ran a tourney before. And I know it wasn't because he has traveled all over the SN land, playing for so long, that he "deserved" to be on the board. So what was it?? Surely it wasn't just because he is on the site EVERY day and posts on EVERY thread, EVERY day, and was willing?

I didn't even know who this "character" was a few years back. And now he is the almighty gilligan. What a joke!!
January 26, 2011 12:48AM
Man this thread sounds like a daycare center with all this crying.
January 26, 2011 01:14AM
Eric Day Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Man this thread sounds like a daycare center with
> all this crying.

I started reading this thread and was quickly bored.Got to the last page and Eric said it for me....
January 26, 2011 08:02AM
If any of you have paid attention, after we had a little sit down as the BoD, the antagonizing has ended. Neither Gilligan nor Kernan has been firing back at each other in threads.

Tony, you're also missing the point of the ban. Who cares how much a person has done? If they can't follow what people ask us to put in place, they will face the consequences. If said person deliberately does something that they've been warned not to do, they're going to face consequences. If JimO did what Kernan did, I'd vote to ban him too. We can't play favorites.

Gilligan got into this position because he was willing to help, just like the rest of us. Several people who were voted in couldn't stay and resigned for various reasons. He's been sticking with it, despite facing criticism at every turn. You all don't see how much merit he gives your opinions in the BoD meetings. If you all don't like the way things are being handled, run for the BoD and do something about it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 26, 2011 08:31AM
jtolbert Wrote:
> If any of you have paid attention, after we had a
> little sit down as the BoD, the antagonizing has
> ended. Neither Gilligan nor Kernan has been
> firing back at each other in threads.
>
> Tony, you're also missing the point of the ban.
> Who cares how much a person has done? If they
> can't follow what people ask us to put in place,
> they will face the consequences. If said person
> deliberately does something that they've been
> warned not to do, they're going to face
> consequences. If JimO did what Kernan did, I'd
> vote to ban him too. We can't play favorites.
>
> Gilligan got into this position because he was
> willing to help, just like the rest of us.
> Several people who were voted in couldn't stay and
> resigned for various reasons. He's been sticking
> with it, despite facing criticism at every turn.
> You all don't see how much merit he gives your
> opinions in the BoD meetings. If you all don't
> like the way things are being handled, run for the
> BoD and do something about it.

Very well stated Justin. Everyone wants to jump on Gilligan for being on the board, but where was everyone else when this happened. Where were all the people willing to step up and be on the Board? Whether you like Gilligan or not, he stepped up and did something that others weren't willing to do. For that I respect him. Others have gotten in the position and couldn't hack it. No doubt Gilligan speaks it the way he sees it. One thing I'll say is that whether it's in person or on the cpu he is who he is. That in and of itself will lead people to either like him or dislike him. Again, for those that don't want him or anyone else on the BOD, then run for the position. Since I'm not willing to do it, I'll support those guys and gals for the effort they give. I truly believe the BOD is trying to do the best they can for all the SN. If not, they'll be out and others will be voted in. Just the way of the world.
Just remember, we're all in this together if we truly want to make the SN the best it can be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 08:34AM by Rouster.
January 26, 2011 08:51AM
Thank Chad and Justin.

The wife was laughing at all of this yesterday saying "Don't they realize you are one of the only ones that are actually fighting for what THEY want in the meetings?"

It is ironic that my biggest critics are the very ones who's position that I defend so strongly in meetings. Do we really so rarely see this sort of behavior that we don't want to believe it exist any longer? :(

January 26, 2011 10:32AM
I've gained a ton of respect for Gilly after butting heads with him on a couple of occasions. :)
He brings up ideas that were suggested by people that attack him.
This sounds like a close-minded bandwagon attack to me.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 26, 2011 04:32PM
When I voted for Kevin I was hoping he could really help with the problems which SN was having at that time, like so many before him he did not last long, to much anger and to little thank you.. Many of us have special skills that SN can use to make us the best DISC GOLF tour in the world. I really would think that is what we all should try and do. Working on that would keep most of our DISC GOLF COURSES safe. DISC GOLF is at the point that recreation department are looking at putting DISC GOLF in city parks as the new way to exercise and have familly fun. When I went to the park and recreation show for Mississippi I was very surprise that DISC GOLF was very high on the new list of things to put in city parks. Now we can be a big part of this or we can cripple ourselves by not understanding each other. DISC GOLF and SN has come a long way in a very short time, everone should be very proud of that , we should never forget all the hard work it took.. We should have the same goals and understand there are differnt ways to get there. SN and DISC GOLFER need to find a better way of getting along. There are some things I do not like, but I try and work on improving them by a manner that does not close ears to my suggestion, I also understand it will not happen right away. I think there is a better way to replace fallen BOD members- No one should play in any SNC unless they played in one SNQ or TD. I also think am master should be called am masters, it is hard to have a advance unless there are ams first. I will try and keep suggesting these and other things I believe in but in a grand manner. I respect anyone who tries and improve the SN tour and takes time out of their busy lives. Just like this and a few other treads are they really needed, is there a better way to solve these issues with out so much drama. Everone who has posted on this tread cares about DISC GOLF so is there a better way to solve these problems without so much drama. Each time the BOD is ask to solve something or enfore something are players always going to think it is double standards or they are up to something. If truely players want the same things then let us move forward together. The only thing stoping us is ourselves. Run for the BOD if you think you can make a differnce. Just a few thoughts, Dillon-Jamie -kevin thank you for stepping up, My thoughts are not aimed at you, but what could happen in the future. SN players should do all they can to encourage all BOD to stick out their full terms, A littlle understanding and a THANK YOU goes a long way. I would give anything if I knew the right words to get everyone working together. Jim!

Schedule Skysouth to come to your tournament and provide prizes for your event
using Skybucks. This lets the player choose the prize(s) they want! Also, we will
donate 20% of the amount of Skybucks purchased back to the hosting club!

You can also buy direct wholesale from the Skysouth inventory.

We have nearly 3500 items, ranging from Discs, towels, shirts, bags, caps,
Custom Dyed Discs and more!

PM us for details or contact Jim at (251) 478 0379.
January 26, 2011 05:31PM
I haven't been on sndg.org as much lately as I was this time last year.

I will say that I think what the mods are doing (Gilligan included) is a good thing. No one likes censorship and most disc golfers are alternative or unconventional thinkers already. It takes an open mind to get all jazzed about throwing different colored frisbees through the woods in today's digital society. Instead of over-reacting, check out all the other major disc golf forums online. If you haven't visited them, I suggest you do.

I've been off this forum, because if I want to spend the little free time I have discussing disc golf online, I've found very meaningful and civil discourse on dgcoursereview.com and discgolfreview.com. Everything from discussion of proper form, information on how folks run events in different parts of the county, people trading and selling discs, and anything else you could imagine.

Those two sites draw TONS of traffic from disc golfers all over the world and three things are true for both sites:

1. They have guidelines
2. They have moderators
3. They ban folks who break the guidelines for different amounts of time

This may be a growing pain for everyone to go through, but the organization is being properly served. The forum this time last year was ridiculous. If a few hurt feelings and bruised egos lead to a cleaner board with more meaningful content, then I am all for it.

My $0.02,
Robby Uhrman
Memphis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2011 05:32PM by FatbackBob.
January 26, 2011 06:15PM
Jim cast the deciding vote for Gilly to be a moderator of threads for the board.

Gilly became a board member by unanimous vote of the other board members.

Can I post a link on this thread making a private discussion thread public?

Good thing I saved my one free bite.
January 26, 2011 06:26PM
You can link to anything in the forum. People just can't go unless they are approved on the private forum.

January 26, 2011 06:32PM
Mr Tolbert Im not be closed minded and attacking Gilligan. I did not defend Kernan nor do I care to, he can do that himself. You say the antagonizing has ended we shall see. Good luck to the BOD.
January 26, 2011 06:57PM
“You can link to anything in the forum.”
Does that mean I can link to anything from the forum, without regard to whether it is in the forum or the link is to the forum?
January 26, 2011 07:01PM
Kevin, I know you are not a stupid man so though I did not follow your line of questions just now... I would suggest that I'm sure you know the answer and you can use your best judgment. I'm quite certain you understood EXACTLY what I meant.

I never thought I'd say this of you but this is growing tiresome.

January 27, 2011 08:38AM
Gilligan, a word of advice. When a lawyer asks you a question you don't understand, do not attempt to answer it.
January 27, 2011 08:43AM
I don't feel like I did... maybe I speak lawyer speak and don't even know it. ;)

January 27, 2011 08:46AM
Not even close.
January 27, 2011 09:14AM
Rob Williams Wrote:
> Gilligan, a word of advice. When a lawyer asks
> you a question you don't understand, do not
> attempt to answer it.

NOW that's funny right there.

followed by the even funnier response of

NOT EVEN CLOSE

JABBA
January 27, 2011 09:35AM
Wow... do you guys really have that much trouble recognizing a joke?

I'll try to stick to knock knock ones for you guys.

January 27, 2011 09:59PM
Or maybe you are the only one who thinks it is funny.
January 27, 2011 10:02PM
Doesn't have to be a good joke to be recognized as a joke.

BTW, who is antagonizing who between you and I? I wasn't paying attention earlier when you first started talking about it. I was busy not finding reasons to talk about you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 34
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013