Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by BERNIE 
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 27, 2011 10:18PM
I don't have to look very far.
& I am also NOT a board member. So YOU being one, are expected to act in a manner that should be imitated by others. At least on this forum you are expected to lead by example & "MODERATE". Which YOU have proven time & time again that YOU are completely unsuited for the job.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 27, 2011 10:20PM
You are completely entitled to your opinion and I will respect that.

No problems here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 27, 2011 10:32PM
You see. It isn't so hard to do.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 27, 2011 11:03PM
Wah wah wah wah. Seriously. Cry some more you baby.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 01:54AM
Nobody's crying sweetheart. It's easy to talk tough while sitting behind your keyboard. HUH? Are you trying to antagonize me? Or do you just not have anything more worthwhile to say? So you decided not to actually address the issue we are talking about. Instead you decided to just get online & be a smartmouth to someone you don't even know.

& believe it or not I actually care about the direction SN is going. I have been a part of it from the start. I also know both of the men who started the SN very well. I would like to see the SN become all that the PDGA is lacking. That is more focused on our litlle part of the world. That directly benefits the players who take part.

& THIS IS OUR MAJOR INFORMATION OUTLET TO THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!

So it does concern me to see the forum being moderated by GILLIGAN. Who for years has created conflict & pointless arguments with nearly everyone who has ever posted on these forums. I honestly can't think of a worse person to give the power to edit these forums. When most of his time spent here has been focused on being a nuisance.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 05:29AM
AciDBatH666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wah wah wah wah. Seriously. Cry some more you
> baby.


And look he kept crying....

Bernie, if you care so much about the SN why are you using up all your time arguing about it. Get out there and do something to help with your time. Nobody but a select few like you give a crap what you think about gilligan or others. We all already have our own view on them. It's not like your crusade is going to get him voted off, this is not survivor. Next year at the SNC's your name is going to be on the ballot for the new B.O.D. right, if not then you don't care about the SN like you say you do.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 06:34AM
Lol. He DID keep crying! Somebody call the WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBULANCE!!!!

I'm a member of a bunch of forums and I run my own. I have ZERO problems on mine because I've got a set of rules to follow that are simple, clear cut, and easy to understand. I actively participate in discussions and say exactly what I feel. You don't have to like me, and you can tell me whatever you want. I don't have to like your opinion. As a person I know this. As a Moderator, I have a duty to be fair about using my privileges only when one of those rules is broken.
On the other forums I'm a member of, the mods are the same way. They go about their posting like normal. They speak their mind, but they don't use their moderator privileges until that line is crossed.

Sure, lots of people don't like Gilligan. Who cares..... But I think he's been very fair and hasn't abused his moderator privies. I'd seriously like for you to point out ONE... JUST ONE instance where he's abused his status. You care about the SN? He does too. He stepped up to sticky tourneys, post results, moderate... he was voted in by the BOD. Which is how it works. The BOD that YOU elected makes those kinds of decisions. You don't like it? Step up and run next time.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 07:29AM
So, just one question peeps. Why are you acting out (against Bernie) like immature children? Your own posts label you as being EXACTLY what you don't want to be. Little crybabies that jump on someone when they show a separate side of the issue. Most people attack and make fun of others because they don't have the vocabulary or the reasoning ability to have a constructive argument. It would be a good idea to help bring these people back into the circle, rather than attack and make fun of them. Think about if all of these people(you guys make fun of) left the SN. Maybe a group of us SHOULD get together and have our OWN disc golf group. At least we can make our group private, and keep the little boy (better than thou) attitude and drivel out of disc golf.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 07:41AM by DZNUTZ.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 08:37AM
Quote

At least we can make our group private, and keep the little boy (better than thou) attitude and drivel out of disc golf.

So you'd discriminate and keep people out just because you didn't like them? Because I thought that was what you were accusing us of.

Plain and simple, we can't ban people because we don't like them. Only if they break the rules. If we were really trying to silence people then why would we have allowed over a week of post that are 75% attacks on the board for supposedly "silencing the opposition". We allow it first and foremost because we support all discourse no matter if it is against our position or for our position or a different position entirely. Secondly, we have no desire to waste our time banning people just because they don't agree with us. Lastly, because they don't break the rules... so there is no reason to even take action upon any of this. We just listen and take what we can from it and try to see what direction we need to take (constructively) and move forward as best we can.

Thanks for your understanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 08:45AM
But you can enforce the rules to fit your agenda......

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.
Rumble in Ragley, version 1.0
15 November 2014
Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 08:53AM
Not a shot at you Gilligan, and furthermore it is not a shot at anyone personally. The attitude of a group of immature individuals seems to be the real problem here. More times than not, problems arise from people who do not have a clue as to what the disc golf community means outside of their narrow minded views of the world. When those same views are used to "rule the roost" it seems as though the true meaning of golf is left behind. I just wish people would play golf, shut up, grow up, and take care of themselves and their own personal business(not everyone else's).
Seems way too easy, hugh?

PS. That is what I was saying about starting a new group without the worthless banter about things that truly do not affect us. There are too many people trying to control what we each do on our own time. Freedom? I think not.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 09:11AM
Fair enough Mr. D. But how would you propose that you were to start a group without such useless banter and still remain "free". I mean, anyone could then walk in there and start complaining about useless things and bam we are right back at ground zero again aren't we?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 09:30AM
Yep..good point. I guess a private group would help with that problem. Obvious trouble can be screened out up front.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 09:39AM
But doesn't that make it worse than what you are claiming we are?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 09:50AM
Not necessarily. SN is not considered private. Anyone can play in a tourney. Look at Bud Hill(example), it is private and on private land. If I took some of my families land, built a course, started my own group, and only allowed certain(approved) people in, yes it would be different.
It can be done, and at least it would always be fun.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 28, 2011 10:31AM
That is correct.

A court room is public and owned by the people. But if you go in there and don't abide by the rules of the court you will be at best thrown out of the court room. That's not discrimination, that's just not following the rules and dealing with the consequences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 01, 2011 12:33PM
Want to use guidelines on the forum? Well this thread belongs in the off topic forum or maybe private form.

Terry Zeringue
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 02, 2011 10:03PM
Moved to related discussion board.
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 12:37AM
Justin, I am not missing the point. My post was not arguing whether Kernan should or should not have been banned. My post was regarding Gilligan and how he should not have a say in the banning of ANYONE. So he got voted in barely (3 votes to 3) for some crazy reason. 2 of the votes FOR him were from someone in his hometown and another from his home state (bout an hour away I am guessing???). Seems a little biased! Just sayin...

My point is (much like Bernie has said) is that Gilligan has never acted like someone (not on this site anyway) who should be representing anything, especially not something as important to as many people as the SN tour!! I wonder how many people has quit visiting our site b/c of some of the useless chatter and sarcastic posts he has made in the past?

This thread was moved again why??
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 08:11AM
Tony, please get your facts straight. Don was the only one from Lafayette... he's probably the best to understand where my heart and intentions are. Are you saying that if you only needed votes from the locals you would have no problem getting elected?! Allan is from Natchez, MS and Keith was who I assumed was an hour away (technically about 1.5). My biggest critics are people that have either never met me or barely know me. To me that speaks a good deal of volume. There are many people on the street that I see that are having to constantly tell me "don't let them get you down... you are doing a good job". So forgive me if I trust their opinion over a few "keyboard heroes"

Oddly enough my behavior wasn't much different than many of my predecessors... so if I go by that bar, I'm a perfect fit for the board. ;) But you know if we had an overwhelming amount of people jumping up to volunteer for my position then I'm sure I wouldn't have been elected. Hell, I wouldn't have even run probably. I wouldn't exactly say I wanted to take my work (computers) into one of my hobbies (disc golf)... but I felt that I could really help where there was a gapping hole when JK was gone. Jim O must have recognized the same problem. I know for a fact that he'd rather have not had me in here... but looks like the lack of volunteers tied his hands and he had to make sure the SN was taken care of from a technical stand point. Last election was extended for a LONG time because when the true deadline hit we only had two people for 3 (now 4) positions. Being in my position not only can I speak from experience but also from what I have heard MANY people say. They have NO desire to be a board member because of how they are treated. To quote one person, "I am not that stupid." How are we to really grow the SN when this is the case.

Another odd thing is, as I said, you and I have never had beef online or in person until I simply laughed at a joke that Ransom made at your expense. It wasn't but a little over a year ago that you were asking me to get your back on here when you were being attacked for your behavior. When I first started playing this sport I heard many negative things about several people, you were amongst those people. I personally always allow for people's actions to shape my opinion of themselves. You were no different. Your reputation has proceeded you, but I'm sure you know this. I am also sure that you don't care and will have some "kind" words to say in rebuttal. I will kindly listen.

Oh, and this got moved because a couple of people requested it and it was actually more related to Board discussions than "general disc golf"... it actually has ZERO to do with disc golf and everything to do with the board. So I think Leslie made the right decision. The alternative was the Private forum so at least it is still public!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 08:31AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "keyboard heroes"

Awesome. Let's make t-shirts.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 08:35AM
I can make that happen. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 09:09AM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gilligan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "keyboard heroes"
>
> Awesome. Let's make t-shirts.

see that is a prime example of why both of you should not be on the BOD. Both Tony and Bernie have done more for the SN then either one of you will ever do! Get off your high horses and show some respect to the people that have help make the series what it is today. And it has nothing to do with any past or present board members. In fact both Bernie and Tony have been playing in the SN since you where in grade school Justin.

I respect both the BOD and the PLAYERS that have made the series what it is. And what events have you 2 BOD wannabeeeeeeees run??

Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 09:37AM
Who said who was talking about who when I said "Keyboard Heroes"... I will give Bernie his due, I don't think of him as a keyboard hero... It is well documented that he will say what he has to say in person as well as on the forum... for that I truly respect the man. I don't always agree with him but I respect him for his courage to be one man and not one man to your face and another behind a keyboard.

As Tony has said, I haven't had many discussions with him, and we never had any beef (that I was aware of)... so I really don't know if he is the same behind a keyboard or not. He seems like an outspoken individual in person from what I have seen. I have definitely witnessed an interesting award ceremony hosted by him where he didn't hold back. So as far as I know he doesn't fit that mold either.

The term is rather generic. Hell, I don't even know if you fit in that category or not. We had a local player that fit that bill very well as he RARELY had anything to say in person but posted relentlessly when he was at home.

So don't get your panties in a bunch, you don't need the stress right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 10:44AM
Tax Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> see that is a prime example of why both of you
> should not be on the BOD. Both Tony and Bernie
> have done more for the SN then either one of you
> will ever do! Get off your high horses and show
> some respect to the people that have help make the
> series what it is today. And it has nothing to do
> with any past or present board members. In fact
> both Bernie and Tony have been playing in the SN
> since you where in grade school Justin.

So, by thinking that the term "keyboard heroes" is hilarious, I'm saying that I don't respect somebody else? That makes no sense. Stop reading into things and take it at face value. I think it would be funny for somebody to wear a shirt that says, "Keyboard Hero."

I don't have any problems with Tony or Bernie. I do, however, believe that although their arguments would be extremely relevant 3 months ago, they do not apply today. I really don't see how my disagreement in their attacking Gilligan equates to "I don't respect you and think that you have done nothing for the SN."

Thanks for the input though.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: OMG GILLIGAN IS THE SN FORUM MEDIATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 07:03PM
The only that some people need to do, is show some respect to others to recieve some respect!






"He who angers you, owns you."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013