Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BoD Minutes 2/2/11

Posted by lesliez 
BoD Minutes 2/2/11
February 02, 2011 09:54PM
Members Present: Leslie Easterling, Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengle, Kevin Richard, Justin Tolbert (entered at 8:30pm)
Started at 8:05pm

Forum Guidelines
* Banning period for violation has been changed to:
1st time- 30 days
2nd time- 90 days
3rd time- 6 months
4th time- 1 year
(Passes 4-0)
* After a ban is expired, the user will be placed on a 90 day probationary period. If the forum user violates a guideline while in the probationary period, the user is subject to the next level of banishment without warning. (Passes 4-0)
* Terry Zeringue was sent a warning for violation of guideline #1. (Passes 4-0)
* Decided f'n isn't in violation of guidelines (Passes 5-0). Could represent "Freakin" or "Flippin".
* Discussed moving posts from "General Discussion" ,that are not tournament related, to "Off Topic" Discussion.

Financials
* Discussed putting financial reports on google doc.
* Josh agreed to post financials quarterly.
* Josh posted them on Saturday, and will again in March.

Handbook/ By-Laws
* Discussed splitting handbook into by-laws and a TD handbook.
* Need a lawyer? Discussed contacting Rob Williams and Bryan Griffin.
* Justin received a copy of Memphis' by-laws and we will be using them as a reference and starting point. We will be looking through them, and discuss them at next meeting.
* A BoD member will be contacting Rob and Bryan.

Next Meeting Agenda
* By-Laws
* Website
* 2012 Championships
* Bag Tag Promotion

Meeting adjourned at 9:30pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 09:57PM by lesliez.
Re: BoD Minutes 2/2/11
February 02, 2011 10:08PM
So calling somebody a nutbag and idot are ok, but saying I threw half@@@ gets me warned. Man that's screwed up. Talk about kick a person in the ball sack. That just plain sucks I tell you. 

Terry Zeringue
February 02, 2011 10:12PM
WOW this is just F'N unreal...........Ya'll are F'n nuts.....You can't tell me Terry get a F'n warning and Scotty F'n D doesn't get a F'n thing......Un F'n real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
February 02, 2011 11:09PM
I have an idea for the forum. It's obvious it's gonna be almost impossible to police every thread. Make the whole forum protected. Only BOD members can post. Tds can send tourney info in and have it posted and later the results or any other info needed. Completely cut out all the garbage that goes on here. It really gets old seeing the dame crap over and over again. Just my 2 haha.
February 02, 2011 11:10PM
I guess we all have it in for Zinger too now. *rolleyes*

For the record I pushed to make the first ban 45 days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
February 03, 2011 07:23AM
head Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It really gets old seeing the same
> crap over and over again.

+1

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 03, 2011 07:31AM
Yep. Can't believe that Terry got banned for beng a nice guy. Apparently nice guys finish last in the good ole Southern Nationals. Since ScottyD was spot on, MAYBE WE SHOULD MAKE HIM A BOD MEMBER.

HAVING A GREAT F'N TIME EVERYDAY
My F'N head hurts after this. Can I get a F'N aspirin?
February 03, 2011 07:36AM
DZNUTZ Wrote:
> Yep. Can't believe that Terry got banned for beng
> a nice guy. Apparently nice guys finish last in
> the good ole Southern Nationals.

Go back and read again. He was "warned".

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 03, 2011 07:42AM
True that Justin, I still feel as though ScottyD is a significantly bigger threat(violations) than Terry on any given day.
February 03, 2011 07:49AM
Maybe so... but he essentially tip toed around the guidelines, much like many of you guys are doing day in and day out here.

Zinger called me up and knew he was going to get a warning for what he posted. He expressed some concerns about our process and I took them in but in the end he clearly violated a guideline and a warning had to be sent out.

I am 100% certain that Zinger will show restraint and not get himself banned. He may never get another warning again. These are the growing pains that we will have to go through.

It isn't much different than the board setting the first ban at 90 days and the people saying that was too long so we changed it to 30 days. We made a mistake and corrected our action. I'm pretty sure I'd rather a single PM and post on the subject vs the backlash that we got on here over our mistake. But that is life. We take what we get and make the best out of it.

February 03, 2011 07:51AM
As far as conduct and character representation, I agree with you, but the BoD voted that he didn't actually violate any guidelines. Most of his comments are insulting and unnecessary, but we don't have any guidelines for that.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 03, 2011 07:54AM
Thanks for the response. And, by the way, thanks for reducing the length of banishment. It seems much more appropriate now.
February 03, 2011 07:55AM
KEITH KEITH KEITH ez der fella...y all tha anger n hatred bro...look go outside,feel the sunshine on ur skin,take 3 deep breaths bro*RELAXxxxxxxxx* n heck y not,find dat dude wit da vodka n hav a lil party n chilllllllllllllllllll bro.....b4 u gits a warning!!!!!!!!!!
February 03, 2011 07:57AM
English? Or at least an interpretor please.
February 03, 2011 08:05AM
BUT NUTZ u must know the rules n guidelines n then b smart enough 2 understand wat ur reading if ya wana play by da rules dude...as u can see...it was voted 5 - 0 ......now stop all tha hatin nutz n b more productive ....ive thought about bein a bod member but as of now these members r doin such a great wonderful job of improving our series n forum.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK LESLIE, KEITH, JOSH, JAMIE, JUSTIN, DILLON, JOHN K, JIM O......u guys r makin a great difference....
February 03, 2011 08:19AM
Scotty, our vote doesn't give you the green light to continue on the path you are on. We certainly don't condone your behavior and if you can't figure out a less confrontational way to express yourself I imagine we will have to revisit this topic shortly.

The board does reserve the right to warn/ban on a case by case basis, regardless of the guidelines. Example would be Victor who is perm banned here for very much the same kind of action (granted a bit more over the top).

February 03, 2011 08:34AM
DZNUTZ Wrote:
> Thanks for the response. And, by the way, thanks
> for reducing the length of banishment. It seems
> much more appropriate now.

We appreciate the fact that somebody is recognizing that we're doing our best to try and meet the requests of the players. To my knowledge, we haven't instituted anything that hasn't been requested by players. Granted, our initial response and action to what players request may be problematic to some, we're going to continue to work to set it right.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 03, 2011 08:39AM
And sadly we probably spent about 75% of the meeting on this junk.

Our hopes were that this would be the last time we would have to focus so much energy on it.

February 03, 2011 08:46AM
Lesliez
Members Present: Leslie Easterling, Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengle, Kevin Richard, Justin Tolbert (entered at 8:30pm)
Started at 8:05pm

No Dillon? I thought ya'll put him on the BOD?

Alxtgr
February 03, 2011 08:48AM
He PM'd a head of time to let us know he would be on the road... work I believe.

February 03, 2011 08:50AM
Lesliez
Forum Guidelines
* Banning period for violation has been changed to:
1st time- 30 days
2nd time- 90 days
3rd time- 6 months
4th time- 1 year
(Passes 4-0)
* After a ban is expired, the user will be placed on a 90 day probationary period. If the forum user violates a guideline while in the probationary period, the user is subject to the next level of banishment without warning. (Passes 4-0)
* Terry Zeringue was sent a warning for violation of guideline #1. (Passes 4-0)
* Decided f'n isn't in violation of guidelines (Passes 5-0). Could represent "Freakin" or "Flippin".
* Discussed moving posts from "General Discussion" ,that are not tournament related, to "Off Topic" Discussion.

Does this mean ya'll are reducing Mikey's ban or does this go in affect for the next person ban?

Alxtgr
February 03, 2011 08:54AM
Of course it wouldn't only effect new bans.

Kernan has another 15 days. Then he will be back on probation for 3 months and if he violates a guideline during that period his next ban will be for 90 days. Make sure that is well understood.

February 03, 2011 09:09AM
Gilligan
Of course it wouldn't only effect new bans.

Kernan has another 15 days. Then he will be back on probation for 3 months and if he violates a guideline during that period his next ban will be for 90 days. Make sure that is well understood.

Why even have that statement in the answer? I don't understand why you are on a crusade to make smart rearend comments to me?!?!?!

How are we to know what ya'll decided to do or how ya'll are going to handle the new guidelines? No where are they explained how the changes will be put in affect.

Please answer the question without treating the people on here like a 5 year old child.

Alxtgr
February 03, 2011 09:10AM
Gilligan Wrote:
> Of course it wouldn't only effect new bans.
>
> Kernan has another 15 days. Then he will be back
> on probation for 3 months and if he violates a
> guideline during that period his next ban will be
> for 90 days. Make sure that is well understood.

to late he has resigned from being the TD for the SNAC! Good Luck with the snac :)

February 03, 2011 09:31AM
Tax Man Wrote:
> Gilligan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Of course it wouldn't only effect new bans.
> >
> > Kernan has another 15 days. Then he will be
> back
> > on probation for 3 months and if he violates a
> > guideline during that period his next ban will
> be
> > for 90 days. Make sure that is well
> understood.
>
> to late he has resigned from being the TD for the
> SNAC! Good Luck with the snac :)

Just found out the same information.......

Alxtgr
February 03, 2011 09:41AM
Keith... I have NO clue how you got that out of my response. I was simply saying that of course we would be retroactive with our decision. No condenscenion what so ever.

Some times you should just call a brotha if you think he is coming off incorrectly to you. I would have gladly corrected my statement if you would have called and after I explained myself you still felt it didn't sound right the way I typed it.

How many conversations have we had Keith... though we don't 100% agree, we do agree on most and we have never had, as far as I know, a respect issue between the two of us. quite the contrare we have always discussed our differences like gentlemen. Why would now be any different?

February 03, 2011 09:44AM
30 days is much better; thanks bod for taking the time to listen; as far as this other stuff; just wish it somehow could go away. mikey be smart when you come back we need your POSITIVE energy.
February 03, 2011 10:08AM
But aren't ppl 99.9% of the time treated by tha way in which they act?
February 03, 2011 12:26PM
Like Dznutz and Mike S. I thank the BOD for reducing the length of the initial ban for violating forum guidelines. Thanks to all of you guys (and gal).
February 03, 2011 02:52PM
Thanks for the repeal of the initial 90 day ban. Good job of listening and repecting other wishes.

Dangerous Don
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013