Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minutes 2/16/11

Posted by lesliez 
Minutes 2/16/11
February 16, 2011 10:15PM
Members Present: Leslie Easterling, Dillon Gourley, Josh Lenox, Justin Tolbert, Jamie Massengle (entered at 8:45pm), Kevin Richard (entered at 9:02pm)
Start 8:10pm

Bag Tags
* Bag Tag Total to date $1240
* Last Year $1200 was sold at the AM championships. So we discussed incentives for bag tags.
- Encourage TDs giving discounts to players with a SN bag tag (i.e. Team Mobile Fundraiser this weekend-- $2 off entry fee for current holders)
- Ace Pots at tournaments...encourage ALL BoD and/or TDs to hold a ACE Pot at any tournament they attend.
- Send email to TDs and/or Club Presidents about promoting SN bag tags.

Guideline Violations
* The word dumb*** is in violation of guideline #1 (Passed 4-0)
* Terry Z. was voted 4-0 in violation of guideline #1 for the second time. Post on 2/13 was edited. First violation was sent on 2/2. Voted 4-0 to be banned for 30 days.

Division Classifications
* Discussed variety of examples and versions of stepping over, etc.
* Possible Additions to Championship Guidelines:
-Addition 1: At the championships, 3 or more players may form a division that isn't already formed. However, that division will be limited to only the funds that were collected for it throughout the season.
-Addition 2: Players may "side-step" from a non-age-protected division to an age-protected divison in the championships, as long as the division is within the same skill level, ie. stepping from pro open to pro masters.
* We tabled these for next meeting, and would appreciate feedback. :)

Meeting closed at 9:45 pm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 10:18PM by lesliez.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 16, 2011 10:24PM
It's pretty *edit* up that I'm banned for saying *edit* and *edit*, but a person that threatens someone physically isn't even warned. I have lost TOTAL faith in ALL bod members. *edit* the SN.

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 08:23AM by Gilligan.
February 16, 2011 10:35PM
Lesliez
Guideline Violations
* The word dumb*** is in violation of guideline #1 (Passed 4-0)
* Terry Z. was voted 4-0 in violation of guideline #1 for the second time. First violation was sent on 2/2. Voted 4-0 to be banned for 30 days.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ban Terry and let Scottyd get away with all his F'n crap without so much as a warning!!

Please explain that logic?!

Does scottyd have a pic of the BOD having "relations" with a goat?

Maybe the BOD is as scared.....if you're scared say you are scared!!!!!! That would be better than just chickencrappen out!!!!!

MUCH RESPECT LOST!!!!!!!!!!!

Explain to me why anyone should take the time to go out and try to raise $$$ and support the SN with this BOD making the choices it is making now.

I will support the SNAC with my sponsorship of 250.00 to Don and NOTeam because it is those people, but I will not sponsor the SNPC this year for 250.00 nor will I sponsor the SNDC for 100.00 as I did for last year.

I will not sponsor any more SNCs until this BOD stands up and does what is right by all players!

Ya'll want to talk sponsors no problem....ya'll just lost 600.00 a year. NICE JOB BOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
February 16, 2011 10:49PM
Here is a big *edit* YOŪ FROM ME AND BLUFF!!

Terry Zeringue

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 08:22AM by Gilligan.
February 16, 2011 10:50PM
Scottyd [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Re: Lost sponsors due to bad posts...
February 11, 2011 07:51PM IP/Host: 69.171.187.---
sure pusssyboy..go call the cops dickless....a few more years in the pen may b just what i need..but b4 i go this time dickless i can promise u that there will b multiple charges if you dont stop ur lil @#$%& games boy...i havnt a problem at all with jail you dumb @#$%&..play ur cards right dznutless wonder cuz ive had enough of ur @#$%& already..

NOT EVEN A WARNING? IT SHOULD NOT MATTER IT WAS IN THE PRIVATE FORUM.......THIS IS FAR WORSE THE SAYING DUMB AND HALF DONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2011 10:53PM by Keith Bodin.
February 17, 2011 07:52AM
The private forum is just that - the private forum. Our guidelines don't apply there, hence the reason why they aren't posted as a thread.
That is the no-holds-barred section that so many of the players seem to want.
We even have this disclaimer posted -
This forum is for approved members only. The contents of this forum are the thoughts and opinions of the posters and does not reflect the beliefs or wishes of anyone else. Enter at your own risk.
Notice: Posting in this forum will reveal your IP address to all that are reading this forum. If you don't like that, don't post here

We have to act through a process. One of us can't decide that something should be done, then push it through and make it happen. We have a system in place to have the majority of the BoD come to agreement to make something happen.

Now, if you want regulation throughout the private forum as well, we'll have to get together and add it to the agenda for the next meeting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 08:00AM
Ya'll do what ya'll want.....I am through with this crap. I know my sponsorships are not much, but SNC do not have them anymore.
I will be in Mobile, Mr. Tolbert, this weekend and I will explain my point of view to you face to face and maybe you will have a better understanding how this crap the BOD is pulling it doing more harm than good.

PS. from a BOD after the post:
"
gilly"
Gilligan [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Re: Lost sponsors due to bad posts...
February 11, 2011 09:12PM Admin
IP/Host: Moderator
I agree with you Keith... I don't think threats of violence should be allowed anywhere on the forum.

[www.facebook.com]
February 17, 2011 08:01AM
It's common sense to not let the threat of physical harm be allowed on ANY forum or even in the entire SN in general. It's common sense which one is worse for the SN.

Terry Zeringue
February 17, 2011 08:04AM
Ok. Great!

I'm not advocating violence either. However, I also don't step foot in the private forum. There's nothing there that I want to concern myself with. I don't know what happens in there.

I'm giving you the facts. We have things put in place that LIMIT what we can do. We have to act within what we've set up.

Now, if a BoD member feels so strongly about something, then he/she needs to bring that to the rest of us for us to act on it. However, it has NOT been brought up to the entire board.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 08:10AM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok. Great!
>
> I'm not advocating violence either. However, I
> also don't step foot in the private forum.
> There's nothing there that I want to concern
> myself with. I don't know what happens in there.
>
> I'm giving you the facts. We have things put in
> place that LIMIT what we can do. We have to act
> within what we've set up.
>
> Now, if a BoD member feels so strongly about
> something, then he/she needs to bring that to the
> rest of us for us to act on it. However, it has
> NOT been brought up to the entire board.

You are a BOD member and you don't follow the entire site?

Let me ask you a couple of questions:

You are a teacher right?

Do you have duty at your school ( lunch, pick/drop,.....)?

When on duty at lunch do check the bathrooms to make sure no BS is going on in there?

Well the private forum is this places bathroom.

[www.facebook.com]
February 17, 2011 08:13AM
No. I don't check the bathrooms. I also don't check bookbags. I also don't search pockets. That's not part of my job description.

Your bathroom analogy isn't complete either. Let's say I do walk in the bathroom. You want me to kick down the stall door, too?

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 08:20AM
See you Saturday......

[www.facebook.com]
February 17, 2011 08:25AM
If you're suggesting that it's part of my job to go through the private forum and see what people are talking about, then I refuse. If you want to try and get people together and vote me off the BoD for that, then so be it.
This is a volunteer position. I'm giving more time to this than I realistically should. How many other BoD members do you see on here trying to talk with you guys about what's going on?
If it's a requirement that I give MORE time to go through the private forum, it ain't gonna happen. Sorry.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 08:26AM
Keith, I will step up and take responsibility in that I showed up late and barely got caught up to what was going on.

I did not take the time to bring this up to the rest of the board.

Blame lies squarely on me for that.

Sorry guys, I will do better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
February 17, 2011 08:31AM
It's understandable. It's a volunteer position. We can't dedicate 24/7 to this thing, Kevin. We just do the best we can.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 08:33AM
that's not the point Kevin as much as Justin trying to stand up for something that is bad! I kind of understood the Mikey thing because he repeated what ya'll said not to do. Terry' well that kind of fuzzy.

the guidelines clearly state:

2. Physical threats against other members (obvious or veiled)

Show me where it says except in the private forum!

[www.facebook.com]
February 17, 2011 08:34AM
Keith, I do have to agree with Justin... I think you are barking up the wrong tree by attacking the ones on the board that actually DO come on here and answer to you guys.

I'm sure you and Justin agree on more things than you disagree with, so to put the blame on him very much is probably counter productive. But as you say, you do what you got to do.

February 17, 2011 08:39AM
I only blame him for his hard headed stance! I will see him Saturday and talk with him face to face.

[www.facebook.com]
February 17, 2011 08:42AM
Keith we have continued to say that the private forum is a place that the guidelines don't take place. I personally don't think that you need guidelines to say that some behavior is unacceptable.

But, I am just one person and I wasn't there to state my opinion and make any suggestions. Again, I'm sorry.

February 17, 2011 08:45AM
Please tell me what I'm being hard-headed about? I think you're misreading/misinterpreting my posts?
I flat out said that we need to look in to that if that's what the players want. The problem is getting us all together to make something happen. We only meet once every 2 weeks.
From my understanding, the players wanted the general discussion regulated, but they wanted to keep the private forum open for their antics. Obviously, that's the understanding that the BoD went into the forum guidelines meeting with.
Now, I also stated that I don't advocate violence, period. You may have overlooked that, maybe not.
The problem comes with how limited we are in what we can do at certain times. This happens to be one of them.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 08:50AM
One way to think about the threats. If such threats are allowed on this board, Then the people who allow such threats(BOD) can be held responsible(lawsuit) if such threats are followed through. In fact, the SN could be put in jeopardy by such actions. If the board wants to allow people freedoms to participate(without being threatened and stalked), then they need to step up and take action to protect the interest of disc golf in this region. I may or may not be wrong, but I know there is at least one attorney here who can chime in. By not acting to eliminate the threats, you are promoting it. Your own bylaws state that threats are not allowed. Multiple threats in PMs to MULTIPLE people seems like an issue. I thought that I would spread a little more light onto how serious this issue really is.

Wayne Acree
February 17, 2011 08:58AM
I'm not sure either Wayne. Honestly, I think we're in the clear. We definitely would need a lawyer or somebody from law enforcement to chime in. I'd rather be safe than sorry in that sort of situation.

I think we're covered by the Communications Decency Act of 1996, section 230:
"No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.

In analyzing the availability of the immunity offered by this provision, courts generally apply a three-prong test. A defendant must satisfy each of the three prongs to gain the benefit of the immunity:

1.The defendant must be a "provider or user" of an "interactive computer service."
2.The cause of action asserted by the plaintiff must "treat" the defendant "as the publisher or speaker" of the harmful information at issue.
3.The information must be "provided by another information content provider," i.e., the defendant must not be the "information content provider" of the harmful information at issue."

There was also a court case involving threat: Delfino v. Agilent Technologies, 145 Cal. App. 4th 790 (2006), cert denied, 128 S. Ct. 98 (2007).
The company was deemed imune from the charges that resulted from an employee threatening another employee. The court decided that the company was just providing the internet service by which the threat was issued.

Again, I'm not sure. This is just based on my own research. I would definitely like to know for sure though.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 09:08AM
Let me make something very clear. We didn't discuss threats at the meeting last night, but I have at least 20-30 PMs (from BoD members) discussing the situation over the last couple of weeks. It was the conlcusion that we would contact the folks involved to see if we could calm the situation down. I personally contacted Scotty and he said he would tone it down. Since that PM, he has been respectful of our request. Yet, once we send out a "official" warning to others, they aren't respectful of that, and continue to violate the guidelines ( for a second violation)...our hands are tied. We just following the guidelines.

I do not think threats are appropriate, but we are trying to make sure a violation is a cut & dry violation....that there is no room for misinterpreting. Which seems to be everyone's concern.

I am all for regulating the Private Forum if that is what the majority wants. We were under the impression that would be the "bathroom" of the forum list...all the CRAP could happen there instead of polluting the other forums.

Leslie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 12:09PM by lesliez.
February 17, 2011 09:28AM
Leslie, personally contacting Scotty for a blatant violation was nice. I am glad he toned it down. What is frustrating is that your service wasn't extended to the people who have been banned. Furthermore, I don't see in your minutes that "personally contacting someone and requesting that they tone it down" is the action required by what the BOD voted on.
February 17, 2011 09:29AM
Maybe if you would have extended the same relief to the people who have been banned you wouldn't be in this mess.
February 17, 2011 09:33AM
maybe we are asking the board to tackle a bit to much here; maybe we should come up with a special group appointed by the s/n family to seperate this issue of cleaning up the threads/threats and let the board worry about other issues that are being over looked because of this other crap.
February 17, 2011 09:33AM
Not a bad idea mike.
February 17, 2011 09:46AM
I would think that private or public forum...any physical threats should be strictly prohibited and should come with some sort of punishment or banishment from tournaments with no warning.

It's not acceptable behavior to act that way towards anyone, and these threats should be taken very seriously.

Also, Keith...may want to be careful with saying "see you saturday"...may want to add ..."to chat" at the end of that. People can interpret things in many different ways...that's the problem with putting it in writing, or on the computer..you are leaving it to the reader to interpret.

Just my opinion...Physical Threats should never ever be tolerated on ANY forum or in person.
February 17, 2011 09:48AM
Agreed Mike.

Leslie, so was he officially warned? Because I feel that he was clearly in violation of rule 2. (I don't think I was the only one that agreed with that.)

I apologize to the board and the people of the SN for my ignorance, as I was not at the meeting in its entirety to know the answer myself.

February 17, 2011 09:50AM
Bolt
Just my opinion...Physical Threats should never ever be tolerated on ANY forum or in person.

^^ That!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013