Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minutes 2/16/11

Posted by lesliez 
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 17, 2011 10:10AM
Bolty-Bolt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would think that private or public forum...any
> physical threats should be strictly prohibited and
> should come with some sort of punishment or
> banishment from tournaments with no warning.
>
> It's not acceptable behavior to act that way
> towards anyone, and these threats should be taken
> very seriously.
>
> Also, Keith...may want to be careful with saying
> "see you saturday"...may want to add ..."to chat"
> at the end of that. People can interpret things in
> many different ways...that's the problem with
> putting it in writing, or on the computer..you are
> leaving it to the reader to interpret.

>
>
> Just my opinion...Physical Threats should never
> ever be tolerated on ANY forum or in person.

Thanks Bolt!
Justin,
I just want to talk with you so I can see you expressions about the issues and better understand your point of view. I am not trying to make any type of threat towards you what so ever!

Sorry if it was taken the wrong way......

February 17, 2011 10:27AM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
> maybe we are asking the board to tackle a bit to
> much here; maybe we should come up with a special
> group appointed by the s/n family to seperate this
> issue of cleaning up the threads/threats and let
> the board worry about other issues that are being
> over looked because of this other crap.

Nice Idea Mike.....That would give the BOD time to work on more SN related things at their meeting rather than spending so much time on the forum.

February 17, 2011 11:05AM
And have everyone have their real name on file. people with multiple names and hide behind those names and continue to instigate things with people is a big part of the problem to. DZNUTS could have left Scotty alone instead he kept on bothering him. NO Scotty was not right by any means to say the things he said. But people that are just trying to start things should be held accountable too. NO DZNUTS I dont need you to sign on and start any arguement with me. I know who you are so I dont need your alter ego to talk to me.

Lets all stop the bickering and fighting like a bunch of high school kids and play disc golf! It is kind of rediculous that grown men and women have to fight on a forum especially on a sport. Learn to write and speak without using curse words towards each other or calling names or threats. Its childish and it gets old. Find some more productive things to do with our time like building a better SN and pushing the sport foward instead of holding it back.

Matthew
Dex
February 17, 2011 11:21AM
Well Said

Dex
February 17, 2011 11:22AM
The PM from Leslie to Scotty was during a time where there was no clear cut violation, but it was a grey area.

The profanity thing was clear cut from OUR perspective, which resulted in the warnings and the bans. It is ironic though that the bans came from the same violation that the warning was issued for. We would then enter a whole new realm of discussion.

No worries, Keith. I look forward to meeting you!

I doubt anyone would seriously threaten me. A friggin' 2mph wind knocks me off balance! :-)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 11:43AM
F'n wind! ;)

Well, one could argue that lots of what he said was "thinly veiled" which is breaking the rules... I personally would argue that and did in our PM's. It's just a warning, don't screw up again.... if we are going to warn and ban over the "a word" then we can certainly warn over someone potentially disguising a threat. I also completely believe in an appeals process and that is why we need a majority for the warning to become official. So if Keith would have gotten a warning because 3 BoD members mistook his post as a thinly disguised threat then he could PM us and say his piece. Then next meeting the board decides if we potentially misinterpreted what he said. In his case it's extremely ambiguous and I'd allow his argument that a threat wasn't what he meant.

Now when someone suggest that they "hope they don't grip lock and launch a driver at your temple"... it is a WHOLE lot harder to say you misunderstood me, it was honest concern for this guy that I have been arguing back and forth with the last couple of days. That qualifies as a thinly veiled threat to just about everyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
February 17, 2011 12:01PM
Hey Keith, kind of hard to respect your opinion, coming from a SN BoD quitter that is.

Terry, and to anyone else, what makes you think you can break profanity guidelines and nothing happen? One guy already got banned over the word what makes you think we won't ban another? From what I hear Terry is a great guy but you have to go by the guidelines. Kinda hard for anyone to argue them when they are in black in white, at least in these two instances.
February 17, 2011 12:12PM
Kevin, you have the PMs, and it was clear we all couldn't come to a conclusion. I personally said I felt that a threat is a threat no matter how you say it. But, we didn't have a majority agree.

Gilligan Wrote:
> Agreed Mike.
>
>
> Leslie, so was he officially warned? Because I
> feel that he was clearly in violation of rule 2.
> (I don't think I was the only one that agreed with
> that.)
>
> I apologize to the board and the people of the SN
> for my ignorance, as I was not at the meeting in
> its entirety to know the answer myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 12:58PM by lesliez.
February 17, 2011 12:15PM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Hey Keith, kind of hard to respect your opinion,
> coming from a SN BoD quitter that is.

>
> Terry, and to anyone else, what makes you think
> you can break profanity guidelines and nothing
> happen? One guy already got banned over the word
> what makes you think we won't ban another? From
> what I hear Terry is a great guy but you have to
> go by the guidelines. Kinda hard for anyone to
> argue them when they are in black in white, at
> least in these two instances.

Thanks Dillon! Good to here your first response on the subject it to run down a sponsor that contributed $600.00 to the Sn Championships last year and has already pledged 250.00 to this years SNAC just in-case you can't add that is 850.00 in less that 12 time period!!

Helped raise 1900.00 for a scholarship fund for high school seniors and paid out over 3k to the players.

Helped raised 590.00 for the SN cup so it could be held in Jackson.

Is there any wounder why SN is having a hard time finding sponsors with this kind of attitude?

I have done more for the SN in last 6 months than you will do in your whole time on the BOD.

You have accomplished one thing, you did help run off a sponsor for 250.00 to the SNPC and a 100.00 sponsor to the SNDC
please call those 2 TDs and let them know that. I am sure they will be happy with your accomplishments!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 12:17PM by Keith Bodin.
February 17, 2011 12:18PM
Well Matt, you had to expect a rebuttal. No beef now or ever with you and 99.8% of the golfers out there. I tried to promote disc golf and charity through my job and a few other interests. But, when people that I asked for sponsorships seemingly just disappeared. I questioned it. These boards were a main reason. Then if you read the forums, it seems as though the person in question either posted a cuss word laden rant, threat, or something else godawful and derrogatory after almost every post. In almost EVERY thread. I did not make him into the person he displays on here. I only confronted the issue straight forward. He lost control of himself when confronted with said behavior. Then he went on to attack everyone else who was politely asking him to calm down. Control is a illusion, the only thing we can control is ourselves. Obviously, not everyone has that ability.

No, I am not responsible for other people's short comings. Neither are you.

Mr Dz.

Now, back to the game of Disc golf.
February 17, 2011 12:21PM
Dillon,

February 17, 2011 12:26PM
how in the hell did that guy do that??????
February 17, 2011 01:40PM
As far as the conversation between Keith and I, it's just that - between Keith and I. We've PM'd each other and will talk more this Saturday.

What makes all of this worse is the insulting that goes back and forth. We can communicate in a better way without insulting each other.

Like I said in a post on another thread, I'm not going to take any post seriously that has a vast amount of generalizations and insults. If somebody wants to make a recommendation, critique, suggestion, etc., I welcome that. We just need to approach each other as adults.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
Anonymous User
February 17, 2011 02:30PM
Keith, u mad???

Just because you have some $ and want to sponsor events you think you can say whatever you want and I or anyone should come graveling at your feet? Not me.

You've done a great job sponsoring events and raising money and myself and I'm sure everyone else is thankful for that but your current attitude is just as bad as you claim mine is.

Why lose respect because someone broke 2 guidelines and gets banned. We all know ScottyD was out of line and we've explained that to him.
February 17, 2011 02:56PM
You are unreal.....I never asked or said anything about groveling , not graveling that is stuff you put in the road, I ask for equal treatment.

The BOD never sent a warning to him!

You claim to have to "talked" to him. Did you "talk" to the other 2 member before you banned them or sent them warnings? Or since they are from S. Louisiana they don't get the same treatment as people from up North? Just wondering...

BTW I am not mad......more like F'n pissed off.....

P.S. I will say what I want not because I help the SN out with sponsorship, but because I can, it is still a free country, that I served to protect, despite what you and the rest of the BOD are trying to implement on this site.

February 17, 2011 02:58PM
I think the timeline of events is out of whack right now.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 03:00PM
Well, I'm just confused.

Wait... no, make that F'n confused!

Put that in your signature.

February 17, 2011 03:02PM
jtolbert Wrote:
> I think the timeline of events is out of whack
> right now.

What we have here is... failure to communicate.

February 17, 2011 05:04PM
Can you guys go back and double-check that I was on the list of people PM'd about a veiled threat? I remember talking about somebody's signature being in question and us not coming to a consensus on that.
The post in the public forum is a veiled threat, I agree. The one about a disc slipping?

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 17, 2011 05:59PM
Yeah, Justin... you even commented that threats are already part of the guidelines when someone else suggested that we need to do something about these threats.

I assumed you and I were the two that Leslie referred to when she said that we couldn't get 3 to say it was in violation.

Oh, and the title of the PM is "check out this thread...."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2011 05:59PM by Gilligan.
February 17, 2011 08:57PM
The following is a PM I sent Mr Dillion expressing my concerns about Scottyd personal attacks! "We are going over Scootyd and Dnutz as we speak, and at our NEXT MEETING. I have ALREADY told Scottyd as a FRIEND, we are watching him and his forum usage". Thanks for your concern! Then He makes one final statement " But on a side note, Scottyd saying he was gonna SHANK a Lat64 disc in Dnutz right temple made you laugh". LOL. My response to that was it would have been if he would been joking! I also sent Gilligan a PM but unfortunately Gill got there to late, I understand that! Mr Dillion I dont know you personally and Im sure a good guy with good intentions, but dont tell me your gonna bring up at the BOD meeting and brush it off. I hope you see the big picture, you as BOD member did nothing pertaining to "YOUR FRIEND"!!! Kieth keep fighting the good fight with your sponsorships!
February 17, 2011 09:07PM
Well seems like the rules don't fit everyone.....Consistence is not the most important thing with some of the BOD members. And to think i almost thought is was wrong for starting this crap...... If I understand correctly, a BOD member can be a friend of someone that breaks the guidelines and talk to that person "off the record" to correct their actions. But if you are not lucky enough to have a BOD member as a friend you get a warning then banned... As long as the rules are clear we can't ask for more than that...

Would the BOD like to respond?

February 17, 2011 09:20PM
Brad, I appreciate your understanding... I just don't really accept that as a good enough excuse for myself frankly. But thanks for trusting that I would have done it had I been there because that I can assure you is a fact.

Keith... I too had discussions with Terry telling him he better be careful once he got warned. So the courtesy has gone out from my end also, the difference for me was that when he didn't heed my warning and broke the guidelines again I would have voted just like the other 4 members did. Friend or not, rules are rules. That's my philosophy at least.

February 17, 2011 09:24PM
Gilly,
The difference is the warning was extended to Terry, no warning was extended to Scotty. Now if Scotty would have gotten a warning then Mr. Dillon would have talked to him, we would be talking apples to apples. IMO

February 17, 2011 10:00PM
I don't disagree.

February 17, 2011 10:56PM
Gilligan, the fact you showed up late, doesnt excuse the BOD from at least discussing the problem, then putting it in the BOD minutes. Dillion stated it was gonna be talked about per our PM. I am not trying to bash Dillion, but you see the issues were having with what member(s) of the BOD saying and not acting on? I think its sad were even having this conversation, but Scottyd started this big pile of crap!! Im sorry!!! To me, Dillion turned a blind eye to his friend period! I tried to handle this through PM's and I have also taken any personal feelings to the Private forum, but this to me is a travesty, when I look at Zingers situation just my opinion
February 18, 2011 08:39AM
I agree with you Brad... Just for me the first place I feel disappointed is with myself as I had the power to make it different and dropped the ball.

February 18, 2011 08:59AM
I am not here to point any fingers, but in the future PM me with concerns for our discussion during our meetings. I am the note taker, and I right up the agenda for the meeting, so we stay focused. Then, if anything else needs to be discussed it will be brought up by another member. Just a thought.

As to Keith's question... The only reason I contacted Scotty was due to the fact that we (BoD) couldn't come to an agreement. But, I was contacted by Wayne and he asked that we take some action, so if a warning wasn't agreed upon, then I felt we needed to at least contact Scotty to see if he would tone it down. My point was not special treatment, it was to get the bickering and negativity to stop, since a warning didn't seem to be the outcome. Would you have rather us not contact him at all? Hasn't he stopped? Did it not work? It was the only option at the time. I felt some sordove action was neccesary, rather than acting like nothing was happening.

Leslie
February 18, 2011 09:05AM
Excellent points by Brad and Keith. Application of the Forum guidelines in an inequitable fashion (or in a fashion perceived to be inequitable) will be the main problem with these rules.

Kevin, you did nothing wrong in this instance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 09:06AM by Rob Williams.
February 18, 2011 09:07AM
this is why we need a complete diffirent crew to police this crap; a comittee of 3 to 5 s/n folks who only devote there time to this problem and let the (BOD) do there job they were voted in to do. leslie and the rest don't have time for this and that friends is obvious; i would be willing to throw my name in as a candidate to sit on this issue. but they should be voted on to do this. just my 1 cent worth; but for goodness sakes lets get on with growing the sport.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 26
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013