Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minutes 2/16/11

Posted by lesliez 
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 09:10AM
Good post Mike. I agree completely.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 09:18AM
lesliez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not here to point any fingers, but in the
> future PM me with concerns for our discussion
> during our meetings. I am the note taker, and I
> right up the agenda for the meeting, so we stay
> focused. Then, if anything else needs to be
> discussed it will be brought up by another member.
> Just a thought.
>
> As to Keith's question... The only reason I
> contacted Scotty was due to the fact that we (BoD)
> couldn't come to an agreement. But, I was
> contacted by Wayne and he asked that we take some
> action, so if a warning wasn't agreed upon, then I
> felt we needed to at least contact Scotty to see
> if he would tone it down. My point was not
> special treatment, it was to get the bickering and
> negativity to stop, since a warning didn't seem to
> be the outcome. Would you have rather us not
> contact him at all? Hasn't he stopped? Did it
> not work? It was the only option at the time. I
> felt some sordove action was neccesary, rather
> than acting like nothing was happening.
>
> Leslie

I would like the BOD to answer these questions:

1.Did ScottyD violate the forum guidelines?

2.If so, why wasn't a warning issued?

3.If not, Please explain how his post are not threatening?

Thank you!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 09:18AM by Keith Bodin.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 09:47AM
Leslie, point taken and in the future I will address you, with a PM. Thankyou! I still feel strongly bt what Scottyd did was blatant and wrong and some penalty should have been applied! Im not beating a dead horse, I just dont see the BOD being Fair and Balanced, the fact he got a FRIENDLY phone call is perplexing! Everyone have great day!!!
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 04:43PM
Quote

... due to the fact that we (BoD) couldn't come to an agreement.

That's where things get a little hazy to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 04:44PM
Brad, I think you owe Rupert Murdock a few bucks. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 04:44PM by Gilligan.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 04:46PM
Keith, I will step up and take a stab at it.:

1.Did ScottyD violate the forum guidelines?

In my opinion, yes.

2.If so, why wasn't a warning issued?

apparently we couldn't agree that he did violate the rules.

3.If not, Please explain how his post are not threatening?

n/a for me at this point.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 05:25PM
ok, I see what happened. There wasn't a formal "addressing" of the threats in the PM. Let me try to lay out the timeline as best as I can.

1. I received a PM from a forum user to check out another forum user's signature.

2. I then sent a PM to the rest of the BoD for us to check out that thread. I specifically mentioned the signature, which was all that was there at that point.

3. BoD members responded to whether or not the signature was in violation of guidelines, etc.

4. Another BoD member read the updated thread and called attention to possible threats within that thread and that they believe that threats should be added to the guidelines.

5. I say that threats are already part of the guidelines.

6. Within all the PMs going back and forth, we were discussing three things:
a) if the signature was a violation
b) if threats are part of the guidelines
c) if the guidelines apply to the private forum
d) getting BoD members access to the private forums (before a few days ago, Dillon and I did not have access)

We normally handle forum violations like this: One of the BoD PMs the rest of the BoD with a specific quote/link to what someone said and asking if it is a violation. The rest of the BoD then responds with a yes/no/explanation of whether or not it is in violation of guidelines. Also, through some of the PMs, it seemed as if the threatening was ONLY coming from the private forum, hence the reason why someone brought up if guidelines apply to the private forum.
Ultimately, our process didn't happen while all of this other discussion was going on. Honestly, I feel like we were overwhelmed with everything that was going on and it got lost in the shuffle.

We're human and fallible. As a result, we dropped the ball on this one. Let's stop discussing and get a vote.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 05:33PM by jtolbert.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 05:25PM
1. I felt that he did.

2. We went through the process of finding 3 who did, but 3 did not give a CLEAR yes. Lots of discussion in those PMs, and not only concerning this situation.

3. See #1.

Thank you all for the input!
Leslie
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 05:28PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like the BOD to answer these questions:
>
> 1.Did ScottyD violate the forum guidelines?
>
> 2.If so, why wasn't a warning issued?
>
> 3.If not, Please explain how his post are not
> threatening?
>
> Thank you!

Not a problem!

1. In my opinion, yes.

2. The normal procedure for obtaining a vote on whether or not something is a violation of a guideline didn't take place. We were discussing several things at one time. Should we still have caught it? Yes, I believe so. I believe we made an oversight and mistake.

3. N/A

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 05:35PM
Justin summed up the timeline of events during our PMs perfectly.

Looks like three of us with a yes to question #1. It's obvious we need to take an official vote, and looking back through the PMs we never had an official YES or NO vote. So, it's obvious we need to complete the process.

Again, thank you all for the input!
Leslie
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 05:36PM
mike sidebottom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> this is why we need a complete diffirent crew to
> police this crap; a comittee of 3 to 5 s/n folks
> who only devote there time to this problem and let
> the (BOD) do there job they were voted in to do.
> leslie and the rest don't have time for this and
> that friends is obvious; i would be willing to
> throw my name in as a candidate to sit on this
> issue. but they should be voted on to do this.
> just my 1 cent worth; but for goodness sakes lets
> get on with growing the sport.

I would love for us to have a different crew of people enforcing all of this. We have a lot of things to deal with other than forum policing. However, it's hard for us to move on to those things while we keep getting called to deal with this. Here is my one concern: I wouldn't want those 3-5 people to have admin rights. When you have a lot of people with admin rights, it can get fuzzy as to who is deleting/editing posts. That's why I don't want admin rights or anyone else in the BoD to have them, other than the 2 that already do.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 05:40PM
Thanks for all of your input, guys.

We aren't perfect, and I'm sure this isn't the last mistake we'll make. We need you guys to help us out. Just please try to be understanding and address us calmly. I'm not saying anyone addressed us in the wrong way. It can automatically put us in "defense mode" when the insults start flying. Then we accomplish nothing.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 06:01PM
Well said Justin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 08:06PM
I would like to say thank you to Justin, Gilly, and Leslie for their honest responses!!!

As far as the other 3 BOD members, I think we all would like for ya'll to be more responsive to the questions asked....but............. IT IS WHAT IT IS.....

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 09:24PM
I was thinking that my @#$%& self Kieth! Mr Dillion has quietly excused himself from this discussion, especially after goading Kieth in aforementioned post on this very thread! Gilligan Im put off by both Fox News and MSNBC my friend.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 18, 2011 09:27PM
Was just a lame joke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 19, 2011 12:50PM
justin admin rights would not be necessary these folks would meet and give there response to the bod and that would be it; if this group decided to warn someone they would contact that person and warn them if they needed to suspend someone then they would contact the bod to do so.and then you guys could get the work done you are asked to do and not mess with this crap; and really i think if it were taken out of your hands the problem would get much much smaller real real fast. again just my 1 cent worth.
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 19, 2011 05:34PM
I like it

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 19, 2011 05:44PM
Meet Justin today for the 1st time......Not an bad guy for a white guy.....LOL very nice talking with you today bro.....Thanks for the help with the tournament!!!

___________________________________________________________________________
Keith "Sunshine" B.

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
Re: Minutes 2/16/11
February 19, 2011 06:19PM
Nice meeting you too, Keith. It was quite the pleasure! Thanks for bringing some sunshine to Mobtown and showing us some love!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013