Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need Feedback - Possible Handbook Additions

Posted by jtolbert 
Re: Need Feedback - Possible Handbook Additions
February 23, 2011 06:16AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John K's way is the only realistic way. You still
> sign up in your lone division but the money gets
> combined. So in the end you are 1st in the
> division you WANTED to play in and you don't show
> up in the other division at all. You get 2 points
> in your division and that is it. So if you are PM
> and you are the only one, you still sign up for PM
> but the cash goes in the open pool and you compare
> your scores with the Open players to get paid but
> you are basically placing in PM and getting your 2
> points.
>
> Skews the results a little bit but that is the
> only realistic way to do it with our current
> system.

If I am correct the players 2 dollar fee also goes to the PM divison if they ask. At least that is what I was told by Mr Lasonde who was the first person I know that did it on a regular basis.

February 23, 2011 07:10AM
Right. The $2 will go where the tournament results has the player listed. If he's listed in PM, then PM will get his $. It wouldn't be very problematic on the TD's side because he/she would only be keeping up with 1, maybe 2, cards that should have scores compared to a different division.

I like that idea.

I think the BoD should vote on it and put it in the handbook (if the vote is positive) for future reference for new/future TDs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 23, 2011 08:16AM
Right because for all intents and purposes after the tournament is done it looks like he played PM not Open. They just played for combined cash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
February 23, 2011 08:48AM
Right. Only the TD and the players involved would know that said player's score would be compared to a different division. I like that. We did something similar this past weekend with the Team Mobile Fundraiser tournament with bagtags. One of the GM put his tag up against the PM. It was just as simple as making a little note.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 23, 2011 08:22PM
Justin and Gilligan, that is the correct way to handle this. Word it correctly and there should be no (maybe not many) problems with 'sidestepping.'
February 23, 2011 08:29PM
Thanks for the input guys. We'll bring up again at the next BoD meeting and get a vote.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013