Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for the BOD

Posted by Keith Bodin 
Question for the BOD
February 21, 2011 03:45PM
Never mind

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 03:53PM by Keith Bodin.
Re: Question for the BOD
February 21, 2011 08:19PM
Dang... Missed it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
February 24, 2011 01:18PM
Who did Dillon replace on the BOD was it Mac D.?

February 24, 2011 01:28PM
Marc Darby, as far as I know.
February 24, 2011 01:32PM
Marc Darby

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 24, 2011 01:48PM
Marc's term is up this year correct?

February 24, 2011 02:38PM
Correct. Who replaced you?
February 24, 2011 02:47PM
Gilly.......

February 24, 2011 02:48PM
I think.....

February 24, 2011 02:52PM
That's my understanding. Although, I've heard about 3 different stories, lol

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 24, 2011 02:58PM
add them all up and divide by 6 with a square root of 5 and you will get the answer....

February 24, 2011 04:39PM
So far what has been stated is correct. I replaced Keith (that has been ironic at times. ;) ) and Dillon replaced Darby. Both of those terms as well as Josh's end at the SNPC this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
February 24, 2011 07:18PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> add them all up and divide by 6 with a square root
> of 5 and you will get the answer....

It's a good thing that I'm just a lowly English teacher...

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 24, 2011 07:30PM
It seems to me that way way back, John K did a good job of removing offensive post, without having to run it by other BOD members. I think we should go back to that.

Make any and all BOD members responsible. Make it prior public notice that BOD Member(s) will now take over the moderation of the forums and without hesitation any thing (not in the established guidelines) offensive to anyone, malicious threats, slander, character defamation, etc, etc will immediately automatically move to Thread in the Private Discussion designated for removed posts.

No one is "deleting anyones freedom of speech, you just put it in the wrong place. And if you think it is overwhelming for one person to do, then make it any BOD can do it.

Do it immediately and have an innocuous scripted response such as "moved to the Private Discussion" plain and simple. No judging or stating why it got moved; it just moved and if you want to continue to read it go to the Private Discussion.

I know this would probably entail giving more administrative rights to more BOD members, but maybe Brian Moon will listen to reason.

Then the General Discussion will only contain information which it is entitled for. Look at the poor POG thread right now. 80% of the posts don't have a darn thing to do with the POG.

If it's done immediately and every, every, every time, eventually, even the thick-headed people will get it.

Just a thought.

Dangerous Don
February 24, 2011 07:33PM
I just don't think that would work without a huge out cry.

I know I don't want to be the one responsible for that sort of responsibility.

February 24, 2011 07:39PM
John K did it, people complained, it didn't bother him and it just happened that way.

In this scenario it is feasible that no one ever even needs to be banned and no one will complain of being banned. Just move the darn thing and let people complain and overtime the complaining will become extinct.

They can continue their tirade and stupidity as long as they want. Just in the Private Session.

This should at least be done for Threads about tournaments.

Dangerous Don

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 07:42PM by dangerousdon.
February 24, 2011 07:40PM
And before you nix the idea, call John K and ask him his experience. Or John if you read this please post your thoughts.

Dangerous Don
February 24, 2011 07:43PM
And look, those that really don't like it will probably stop posting...and that could be a blessing in disguise.

Dangerous Don
February 24, 2011 07:47PM
I don't disagree with you in theory. Just in practice it would be different. I think you would still need to ban people. Otherwise they would just drive you crazy... remember the days of VL... non-stop it seemed.

February 24, 2011 07:56PM
Banning just gives ammunition for the violators....it really is not a good practice. State the rules, if you break them, it is moved....no emotion, no remarks, just move it and don't respond to complaints as to why it was moved. It is not that hard to do if all 7 BOD members, including Jim thought it should be moved.

Dangerous Don
February 24, 2011 07:58PM
Good in theory Don.

February 24, 2011 07:59PM
When you change a behavior you should expect it to initially,get worse.....and overtime it extinguishes itself.

Believe me if VL wanted to post something he could.....banning him didn't stop him, he just got tired of losing the battle.

Dangerous Don
February 24, 2011 08:03PM
I don't disagree... but his character is one that wanes off. I could stop most others from posting though.

February 24, 2011 08:21PM
One oerson could continously destroy any thread they so please without the possibly of being (excuse me for the use of this word) BANNED.

It really amounts to this, climb on board and let's all take the SN to the next level.
Anonymous User
February 24, 2011 09:24PM
Interesting Don, I just said the same thing about JK's successful strategy in that 80% polluted POG thread, before I came over here and read this. Great minds think alike they say.

You know why Gilly doesn't your idea? Because he didn't think of it. And because he prefers to keep destroying the SN like the cancer that Sidebottom correctly identified him as.

Also, JK would't always move entire threads into the dungeon. Sometimes he'd cut the cancerous dialogue (e.g. 99% of what Gilligan types) and leave the good parts on the general discussion. But that's too much work for Gilligan because then he'd have to do something productive rather than annoying the f'n hell out of us all with his ten billion posts a day. It takes away from his cancer time.
February 24, 2011 10:07PM
Kernan, why don't you remind us how well that worked out when Josh tried to move one of your threads into the dungeon? What was it 4 more identical post that you posted in response to that?

Maybe I'm just thinking about how irrational people react to things that you claim to support.

I'd be VERY willing to put money on the fact that you have more threads tossed into the dungeon than I have. JK even tossed in your entire pollution thread when it didn't even have a reason to be yanked... probably just because it was yours.

Anonymous User
February 24, 2011 10:56PM
It worked out rather well. If you'll recall, Josh even admitted that he overreacted.

I don't have a problem with my threads or posts being moved to Private. I do have a problem when idiots can't hear the truth when 55 people come on here and point out that the BoD acted some ways with some people and other ways with other people.

But I don't expect you to fight fairly, as you've demonstrated you are incapable. I'll just enjoy my time posting here until you decide you have to ban me again since you can't beat me in a fair battle of wits and reason.
February 24, 2011 11:23PM
Well twist away but that isn't exactly how it went, but we understand.

February 25, 2011 07:45AM
I like the idea, Don.

I, personally, wouldn't want any more admins. If a post gets moved, deleted, or edited for NO reason, it would be easier to find out who did it with the least # of admins. The more admins we have, the more fuzzy moderation actions will become. I think your idea would work with only ~3 admins.

I do like the idea of just a simple moving of the post and be done with it. No need for a warning or anything else. It's something that the BoD can consider. My only concern would be that we have some posters that would just post, post, post, and post keeping us moving, moving, moving, and moving in the same thread.
Do you think we could define some standard for when consequences would be enforced in that situation? Maybe posting the same content of your previous post that was already moved would warrant further action? Thoughts?

Again, thanks for the constructive input, Don!

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 25, 2011 07:44PM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well twist away but that isn't exactly how it
> went, but we understand.

who is WE? you are the king of twisting and have proven that with your 7467 posts time and time again.

and WE all know you are nothing but a cancer to DG, not only that you completely suck at DG.......................................

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

kch
Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013