Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for the BOD

Posted by Keith Bodin 
Re: Question for the BOD
March 08, 2011 02:01PM
This quote is taken from the application to run a SN event:

[www.sndg.org]

"Protected dates (no other SN tournaments to be scheduled):
The SN Doubles Championship - the last full weekend in July (both Saturday and Sunday falling in July)
The SN Amateur Championship – two weekends before Labor Day Weekend
The SN Pro Championship – Labor Day weekend"

I see by the schedule page that the Camp Smile event is on the same day as the doubles. I think camp Smile is one of the best events we have in SN series, but the rules say no other event can be held on the same day as the Doubles. Jackson is not that far from Mobile also, so my question is this:

What is the BoD going to do?

Or because this is not a forum guideline it does not fall under the BoDs umbrella?

Is the BoD not going to support the TD of one of the championships?

The question can go on, remember before you answer we can not bend the rules. We have to be consistent.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 02:20PM
Thanks for catching that. I know there was some talk about not knowing when Jackson was gonna hold the SNDC.

Doug notified us in this message: [www.sndg.org]

Again, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 08, 2011 02:24PM
So he did inform the BoD before the last meeting.....

The answer is.................

[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 02:25PM
He informed the public. It is entirely possible that none of the board members read that thread.

I can only answer for myself but, I was not personally told about their decision. I am aware of it now.

Again, thanks.

March 08, 2011 02:47PM
"Protected dates (no other SN tournaments to be scheduled):
The SN Doubles Championship - the last full weekend in July (both Saturday and Sunday falling in July)
The SN Amateur Championship – two weekends before Labor Day Weekend
The SN Pro Championship – Labor Day weekend"

I also think the BoD should add this to the guidelines for each championship. It is only on the SN app.

[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 02:51PM
There have been exceptions. There was a tournament scheduled against the SNAC one year. The currect board at that time approved it because it was fairly distant.

The SNDC hasn't consistently been the last full weekend in July since 2004 (which was the first one). In 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 it was the 3rd full weekend. If anything the statement on the application needed to be changed among other things.

I know the Camp Smile tournament was put on the SN schedule first, but it's on a new weekend as well. Typically the Camp Smile tournament has been the first weekend in August (2010, 2009), 2nd week in July (2008).

I'm sure there can and will be some compromise to help ensure both events are successful. Which I'm sure is somewhat the point you are making Keith.

JOhn k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 02:53PM by John K.
March 08, 2011 02:59PM
Yes John it is some of the point......but there is more.

[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 03:27PM
[www.youtube.com]

March 08, 2011 03:31PM
I am just a dumbie so please explain how that video answer the question posed Mr. Richard.

[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 03:35PM
What is the question... that was the point of the video. (absolutely nothing to do with the title of the movie)

March 08, 2011 03:57PM
Forget it......dog and tail........

[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 04:05PM
"They hold on to these tales till it's the dog that wags.
God save us all if he lets the cat out the bag."

Sage Francis - Slow Down Gandhi

March 08, 2011 04:16PM
god save us all; gilley did you really write that????
March 08, 2011 04:19PM
Nope, Sage Francis did. I just quoted him.

March 08, 2011 04:37PM
Hi Keith and everyone else...

This is a matter that has been discussed between myself and the TD for SNDC. When I scheduled the Camp Smile Tourney with the Camp Smile crew I looked back a number of years and saw that SNDC was always on the third weekend. It is my fault that I didn't check the guideline about protected weekends. I figured I did all my homework by looking back at 6 years of tournament data.

I have not had a chance to discuss this with the Camp Smile crew yet. I am elbows deep in Mardi Gras stuff at work. Today is the last day..thank the lord! I will contact the Camp Smile crew as soon as I can to discuss other date options.

Keith...Thanks for bringing this up. Don't blame the BoD though...this has been handled already btw me and the TD.
March 08, 2011 04:39PM
Ok Bolt........good to hear ya'll working together....

[www.facebook.com]
March 08, 2011 05:00PM
Thanks for the clarification Cristin....You're doing awesome Prez!!!
March 10, 2011 10:40AM
Good job guys and gals.

Doug posted that early enough for the BoD to take a look at, but I wasn't even aware of that post/thread. That's the problem with having all of our information being handled through a forum. You can miss a lot if you don't follow every thread.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 10:01AM
Just to let everyone know. I contacted the Camp Smile folks about this yesterday. And will hopefully hear something soon.

This isn't going to be news they want to hear.
March 11, 2011 10:04AM
Those dates should be empty until the championship TDs set a date. If they set their date at a different time, then I say it's fair game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 10:14AM
With in a reasonable amount of time of course. ;)

March 11, 2011 10:42AM
Well that's the thing...reasonable amount of time is completely subjective here. The Camp Smile crew was ready to set the date months before the host for SNDC was ready. It just complicates things to have a protected weekend for a specific tournament, but then going back in history 6 years shows that the tournament was not held on that weekend.

Would it be appropriate to require host cities to always host the Championship tournaments on the actual protected weekends?

With the growing number of tournaments, I have a feeling this issue will come up again.
March 11, 2011 11:15AM
I think that would be a good idea. Currently, they're protected but not mandatory.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 11:25AM
I agree with you 100% Cristen!

March 12, 2011 06:34AM
I feel at this point I must again apologize that Jackson is not Mobile. Not every course here is at OUR beck and call. Most are in MULTIPLE use parks. There are also only a handful of us in Jackson not the hundreds in Moble. Maybe Mobile should host a tourney every weekend and all the championships.
Maybe even the Doubles this year. We are trying hard to get this done but if this is only the beginning of what is to come then forget it.
I dont care that there was 6 years of history for this event not being held on a certain "protected" date.
The DUBS date, like the other championships, is protected until the Championship td's decides he cant or wont do it on that particular weekend...or the BoD steps in.
I dont care to hear anymore about any of it.
The dubs date is set.... unless the BoD wants to run it themselves.
Ya'll can come if ya want or stay home it doesnt really matter to me anymore.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 12, 2011 08:33AM
Doug, I am not sure where all of that is coming from. It seems like this discussion has long gone past the situation of this year and has moved on to the grander thoughts of the future and avoiding these issues there.

I know I wasn't suggesting that you didn't give enough time, I just wanted to clarify what Justin said. I agree to give the host time to decide (if it is gonna float) but obviously there has to be a deadline in which they need to decide. I honestly haven't thought about when that deadline should be, so my comment had nothing to do with this years situation.

It is unfortunate that this conflict happened but it did. I thought it was being handled very well so I don't see any of the issues that you are bringing up.

Unless there are reasons (and there my well be) that the SNDC shouldn't fall on a set weekend then I think it might be a good idea for in the future sometime to say "SNAC is on X weekend, SNDC is on Y weekend, and SNPC is on Z weekend" end of story. Maybe that logic is off and I have no problem conceding that if shown the light.

March 13, 2011 07:30AM
Of course you dont Gilly ....YOU"VE NEVER RUN AN EVENT. so its not hard for me to believe that you dont know where im coming from
However that said EINSTEIN quoting you from above

"then I think it might be a good idea for in the future sometime to say "SNAC is on X weekend, SNDC is on Y weekend, and SNPC is on Z weekend" end of story. Maybe that logic is off and I have no problem conceding that if shown the light."

ITS ALREADY BEEN DONE...notice Keith's post at top of this page and PLEASE MAKE NOTE WHERE HE FOUND THAT AT. Its on the website plain as day in BLACK AND WHITE.....what more do you folks want.

So what issues did I bring up that you are struggling with?
That the executer of the sn schedule screwed up and allowed another competing event on a proteceted weekend. Check.
That the BoD is useless when it comes to making the real decisions that count and effect the series. Check.
That Mobile is the center of the disc golf world and the rest of us need to get in line, just check the schedule/results pages for the last year...and next Check.

BoD check your PMs you all have one.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 13, 2011 09:56AM

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2011 10:15AM by Keith Bodin.
March 13, 2011 10:20AM
March 13, 2011 05:09PM
Doug,
I was agreeing with you and said that the date should be reserved until the championships are set. If the championships happen to be set at a different date, then the protected date would become fair game.
We don't actively check any of the scheduling.
As far as Mobile goes, Cristin said that you and she were already discussing this, and she was getting it taken care of. What's the issue now?

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013