Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question for the BOD

Posted by Keith Bodin 
Re: Question for the BOD
March 13, 2011 10:01PM
Da_Bubba Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.sndg.org]

Why post under an alias Keith? If you are going to say what you are going to say then actually SAY IT, not beat around the bush and not say it under a fake profile you created when you were mad at Kernan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 13, 2011 10:21PM
Well, I have co-ran a couple of events but that's neither here nor there.

Jabba... here is the issue:

Jabba on the SNDC host announcement page
This is a really REALLY sweet park and would be a great addition to our growing list of local courses. It is a championship style par 57-60 course depending on the final pin positions.
Thanks for your concerns and patience. As soon as we know EVERYONE will know.

It was mentioned WAY back then that for the last 6 years it had typically been held on the 3rd weekend which is why "Mobile" made their decision. Should they have just assumed? I don't think so. As I said back then (the last post on the thread), I didn't make the call to put it on the schedule. Guess you are are hating on John K now... make sure you get ALL the volunteers while you are at it I guess. Have you ever ran a website/series as big as this? I'm guessing not so maybe it should be safe to say YOU don't understand how mistakes can be made (and subsequently corrected with very little fuss if a little effort and cooperation is attempted.)

So we finally get notified that you guys chose a weekend and Cristen is being EXTREMELY cooperative and looking to change the event to accommodate you guys. And I simply saying that in the future maybe we shouldn't extend the flexibility that you guys took advantage of when picking the dates... Last weekend and done. We were allowing you guys to maybe move it as to accommodate you guys... guess we are jerks for that. Guess Mobile is jerks for scheduling a charity event and then moving it when you guys did finally make up your mind.

I guess that is why I don't get it and I guess that is why I am an idiot... everyone is bending over backwards to work with you and all you have done is complain about it and talk trash about the town/club that is going out of their way to accommodate you.

March 14, 2011 06:36AM
wtfe gilly..... check your pm that might help explain where Im headin.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 14, 2011 08:03AM
Yes, you are under a time crunch now. That's not yours, the BoDs, or "Mobile's" fault. I'd say that lies in the unfortunate circumstance that your artist fell through. You aren't being asked to change ANYTHING in regards to your date. In fact, I even supported you in saying that the date should be left open until the SNDC is scheduled, regardless of the past trend of SNDC scheduling. We're brainstorming ideas to prevent this from EVER happening again. These ideas will not affect you this year. You have the date, it is set, and Cristin is working with the Camp Smile group.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 14, 2011 09:09AM
Your PM explained nothing as we immediately responded with a person to contact to help you get artwork done. Why haven't you done so? He is very willing and eager to hear from you.

Why do you keep blaming everyone else?

March 14, 2011 11:28AM
How about this Gilly quite simply put the freakin email you sent me is not the correct one.
Justin sent me another to use.
Try not to be Richard Cranium.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 14, 2011 11:38AM
this new no cussing thing really brings out some interesting word phrases.....Richard Cranium.........LOL Priceless.....

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 14, 2011 12:40PM
The e-mail I provided worked. I have confirmation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 14, 2011 12:54PM
frzbman Wrote:
> How about this Gilly quite simply put the freakin
> email you sent me is not the correct one.
> Justin sent me another to use.
> Try not to be Richard Cranium.
>
>
> JABBA

You mean in this PM?

Gilligan to frzbman
Justin, he asked for a "united BoD response."

Don't worry Doug we are passing around PM's right now.

Though I think a consensus so far is to try Mike Brown for some art direction.

Let's reread that PM... Nope, I never provided an email. So why blame me for an incorrect email? I simply suggested that you get in touch with the man because I have (as a bystander) seen him help out a many TD's with artwork.

Again, I apologize for trying my best to help... seems like all I do is screw up, even when I don't.

March 14, 2011 01:12PM
I may have been the one that provided an incorrect email the first time. I have his e-mail saved in my outlook at work. I wasn't at my work computer when I was sending those PMs and may have been trying to recall it from memory.
Either way, communication has been made, and we're good to go!

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 14, 2011 01:30PM
Still, should you be chided for attempting to help? That just doesn't seem right.

Like if someone says "hey, can you help me move my furniture?" and you say "sure" but then come to find out you can't lift what he's asking you to lift. Should you be treated like a jerk for attempting to help?

March 14, 2011 01:32PM
Reading the above posts, if you were indeed helping Gilligan, the help came with zero tact in regards to how you were communicating with Doug. You may have great suggestions and ideas but the way you tend to communicate seems counter-productive. You don't want to alienate tds because they are what makes the sn series go.

I regards to the scheduling I apologize for any error on my part. Hopefully there will be a compromise but I would assume the SNPC takes presidence. Doug did post fairly early that he was that he was likely going to use the last weekend but it wasn't confirmed at that point because he was still communicating with the various parks. (I was waiting for the confirmation before I put it on the schedule) I should have made a note of that and communicated that to Cristen when she sent me the info to schedule the camp smile tournament.

JOhn k
March 14, 2011 01:37PM
John K
You don't want to alienate tds because they are what makes the sn series go.

[www.facebook.com]
March 14, 2011 01:42PM
John, that is because you aren't seeing all the regular communication that happened via PM's.

Jabba asked for X and we provided X plus SOME... he wanted a "unified" response... well, we need a meeting to do that. We haven't had one. Then later he complained he didn't get a response so then we all chimed in (some had already chimed in, as you saw in my quote of my PM"... EVERYONE was very kind and supportive. Cristen was contacted as soon as Keith brought it to my(our) attention and she was immediately on top of it trying to fix it.

Then you come on here in the public forum and get slapped around like you weren't doing diddly squat. Well, that my friend is enough. I won't let good deeds go punished. We were trying our best to help him, including Cristen... and he just kept bashing. You may not mind being bashed over and over for everything you do when trying to help out. If that is the case then you should step up and run for the board again... that is the perfect recipe for being a board member in these times it seems.

I think anyone that knows me, even if it is just on here KNOWS that I try to do whatever I can for this series... I've given WAY too much of my time over the past (almost) 2 years and have gotten nothing but flack for it. I know you know what it is like, but I am just not a masochist (Stacey wishes)... I won't just sit back and let it happen. If that makes me out to be a jerk to a few... hell, to many... then let me be a jerk to those people that obviously just don't get it.

March 14, 2011 01:59PM
wow!!!!!!
March 14, 2011 02:18PM
Gilligan, in order to be a good problem solver, there are two things that you must do. You need good ideas for problems, and you must be able to communicate them effectively. You get great ideas, but because you deliver them in a way that can be easily viewed as condescending, you catch a lot of crap. You don't need to have an opinion on everything, or for that matter, most things. When people see your name on %50 of the topics, you look like a guy that thinks he knows everything. Pick your battles and keep your opinions to yourself in matters that don't have a direct impact on you. The reason that Leslie catches less crap than you is that she doesn't plaster herself all over this forum.
March 14, 2011 02:21PM
You are right, I haven't seen the pms or know what's been done behind the scenes. I just know the info from this thread and I'm just basing my comments on these posts. So my perception (and possible the perception of lots of people that only know you are a SN board member and Doug is a TD and don't know either of you personally), whether right or wrong, is that you were being short with Doug, who himself has been an asset to the series .......
March 14, 2011 02:41PM
It's just been a frustrating situation. Doug is doing is best to get things done and has run into some snags. The scheduling conflict just added to his frustration.
Things should be good now and on their way. Let's look forward to a great SNDC!
Let me know if you need anything else, Doug!

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 14, 2011 03:25PM
The scheduling issue/conflict is and has been the least of my concerns and frustrations. Cristin and I, I do believe, have had it under destruction control for a while now thru a small bit of constructive communication.
Gilly ya wanna make me out to be the big bad wolf ...Go ahead its OK I can take it.
Anything so you feel better and can sleep at nite.
And because it's how I am
I apologize to Gilligan personally for the above post about the incorrect email. It was NOT HE who sent me the erroneous info.
However the Richard Cranium statement stands.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 03:29PM by frzbman.
March 14, 2011 03:27PM
You are right... I'm willing to step up to the plate and put my name on the line for all of this and answer for the decision of 6 other people (sometimes more).

Your advice (I know it wasn't your only point) is to be more like some other BoD members (not directing this at past or present necissarily) and just not face the public with the decisions I have made? I can't get no flack if I just make decisions and then never answer to them. Is that the right answer? I think for good or for worse at least I am here, answering for the decisions being made behind the scenes. I'd MUCH rather that from any representative than I would one that never shows his face for the decisions they have made behind closed doors.

Again, call me a jerk, richard head or a donkey if you want to, but at least I'm willing to stick my neck out there and take the heat.

March 14, 2011 03:29PM
LOL... ironically I was just having that same conversation with someone else about how it seems like you are out for one thing... to make the board look like the bad guys.

We tried to help and you came on here blasting us and even went so far to say "when this goes down, everyone will know how it went down, I'll make sure of it". This was in response to us trying to help you. Wonder why I might have been a tad peeved.

March 14, 2011 03:33PM
Its all good Gilligan. Its all good
JULY 30 31st cant come fast enough.
No more worries.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 14, 2011 03:35PM
I'll be there to celebrate with you!

March 14, 2011 03:46PM
If you only knew what he was talking about you would not think of it as a celebration........or at least I and several others don't think of it that way...

[www.facebook.com]
March 14, 2011 03:50PM
I owe Gilligan an apology. The way I wrote my last comment made it seem to be more of a personal attack than an offer of advice.

I apologize.

I still stand behind the premise that your ability to help is hindered by your over exuberance to comment on everything.
March 14, 2011 04:04PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> I'll be there to celebrate with you!

So Doug is implying that he will be glad when the SNDC is behind him, it doesn't sound like he will be tding anymore tournaments in the foreseeable future and that is something you will "celebrate"........not very good form imo. The loss of a TD that has ran numerous SN tournaments. I'm not celebrating that. Thanks Doug for all the tournaments you have ran in the past!! Good luck with the SNDC.

JOhn k
March 14, 2011 04:12PM
Thank you JohnK
But lets be perfectly clear here. I am not implying that this will be my last event .
I'm FLAT OUT SAYING IT WILL MOST CERTAINLY BE THE LAST SN EVENT I RUN. PERIOD.
The JUDGEs may run and host more but I will not be TD for anything SN.
This will indeed be my last Hoorah.

JABBA

it MUST be the plastic
March 14, 2011 04:19PM
A little bit of good news...I heard back from my Camp Smile contact. She is going to look at the calendar and select another date. And she didn't elude to wanting to hang me for my oversight on the guidelines!

Soon as we have a good date, I will announce.
March 14, 2011 06:07PM
Great news indeed Cristin!!

Wow, you guys can read a mile into something as me saying I will be taking part in and celebrating another great SNDC on the books.

March 14, 2011 06:47PM
Gilligan Wrote:
> Great news indeed Cristin!!
>
> Wow, you guys can read a mile into something as me
> saying I will be taking part in and celebrating
> another great SNDC on the books.

Well Mr. Richard Cranium "Jabba glad to see my line being used" you have away of taking things that extra mile! And JK is right on how you come across. And now we personaly have YOU to thank for running off another great SN TD. And to think you have never even run an event and have so much to say. What a JOKE! and please spare us a response as it would just add to your nearly 8000 other useless posts, where you try to blame someone else.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013