Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Threats on the Southern National server

Posted by Karen J. 
Re: Threats on the Southern National server
March 02, 2011 08:16AM
Luckyg71 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Didnt william threaten everyone with saying he was
> a gun carrier? Is it even legal to carry a gun on
> some courses?

Most City parks and State parks have a sign up saying "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED"

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 02, 2011 08:36AM
I'm a gun owner and I carry a gun... that doesn't mean I'm threatening anyone. It's against the law to do so actually. Even just pulling it out could be considered "brandishing".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 02, 2011 08:38AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even just pulling it out could
> be considered "brandishing".

Sounds like something you'd do with a sword.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 02, 2011 08:43AM
I'm sure it comes from those days.

March 02, 2011 09:26AM
the rules on federal property are well written before you enter the property; i have seen what happens when said rule broken; it's not pretty and the right to search all who enter is clear. just saying.
March 02, 2011 09:32AM
Mike... what about your car being an extension of your house. Does that not still apply on federal property?

I know it does on campuses. You can't get out with your gun but you are allowed to have it in your car. It can also be concealed in your car for the same reason. It can actually be concealed on your person IF you are in your car and including if you are TOLD to step out by an officer. You'd be wise to advice the officer at that moment... or any moment that presents itself for that matter.

March 02, 2011 09:50AM
Federal property is a totally different than anything else....If it is a government owned they make their own rules. In fact if you are in the military and you hurt yourself on "off hours" you can be charged with a "crime" by the military. Destruction of property. When I was in AIT a guy in my class got a weekend pass and got sunburned really bad, he was given an article 15 for Destruction of property.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
March 02, 2011 09:58AM
Here's an interesting one. Federal ruling has made schools gun-free zones. Yet, the district can make their own determination in that. A town in Texas allows their teachers to have concealed firearms in the classroom: [abcnews.go.com]
Craziness. Just my opinion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 02, 2011 10:05AM
keith is correct; my brother was in the air force and received an article 15 for getting a bad bad sun burn on his leave time but was unable to work when returning to duty; gilley that would be no it makes no diffirence don't bring a fire arm on any fed. property unless you have a fed permit.
March 02, 2011 05:21PM
If the Government, wanted you could wrote up for tattoos, defacing government property. The sun burn thing happened to guy I know when I was in the Marines.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013