Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Something to think about

Posted by head 
Re: Something to think about
March 10, 2011 01:45PM
Good point Russ.
Ultimately, I think it should be left in the hands of the TD. I don't think we should strong arm TDs and force them to handle their payout a particular way.
However, if you can get a whole area on board and in agreement that something needs to be done, they can handle every tournament in their area in one particular way. I don't believe this is an SN issue, but more of a local level issue.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 08:54AM
Alright. Check this out.
Here's a spreadsheet detailing a tourney with spending only the money that is brought in with entry fees. Obviously, sponsorships, donations, etc. would make things a lot easier.

I did the payout like this:
Pro Div - 50%
Adv Div - 33%
Int Div - 10%
Nov - 25%

[spreadsheets.google.com]

Basically, I spent all of the money from entry fees into payout and player's packs. I did player's packs to all Int and Nov players. I made sure that the higher divisions received more $ value for first place.

Thoughts?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 09:17AM
Be glade when I am a pro grand master....4 players and 500.00 in pay out with only collecting 180.00.......

"You are truly one miserable human being."
Alxtgr
March 11, 2011 09:21AM
Plug it in...
March 11, 2011 09:25AM
[www.youtube.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 11, 2011 09:29AM
It's just something I spent 10 minutes on, lol...
It's not all worked out. But I just wanted to see what the thoughts were with having better payout for the higher divisions vs. rewarding people for staying in AMs.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 09:33AM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Be glade when I am a pro grand master....4 players
> and 500.00 in pay out with only collecting
> 180.00.......

I didn't think about that. I was rushing to throw somethign together to see how it would look. Let me do some tweaking.

I could take the money that's left over to be designated to pro payout, and divy it up based on percentages. Pro Open paying out to 5 places, and Pro Grandmaster paying out to 2 places. The Pro Open consists of 70% of the Pro payout with Pro GM consisting of 30%. $850 going to Pro Open and $360 going to Pro GM.

[spreadsheets.google.com]

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 09:41AM by jtolbert.
March 11, 2011 10:13AM
I'm just glad you are an english teacher. ;)

March 11, 2011 11:13AM
Yes. I'm an English teacher. ;)

I've got it much more extensive now. Currently, it's a huge spreadsheet with a lot of editable percentages and such. It's just an experiment. I'm sure the all experienced TDs would just laugh at it, lol....

I'm about to upload a new copy.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 11:24AM
I know it is supposed to be a capital "e"... my in-line spell check screams at me every time. And I know it's a proper noun... but I feel like it is kind of a respect thing... and sorry but I frankly don't really have much respect for the english language. Yeah yeah... everyone can say "we can see that!" now :p

March 11, 2011 11:29AM
I didn't expect you to be so vindictive against a language!
I do get what you mean though. The English language doesn't make a lot of sense at times.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 11, 2011 02:48PM
Yeah, it's not really that deep... just my simple way of snubbing my nose at it. ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 28
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013