Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

BoD Minutes 3/2/11

Posted by lesliez 
Re: BoD Minutes 3/2/11
March 04, 2011 02:08PM
o.k. then get a group to police it; i just gave two avenues; i agree with what you said
March 04, 2011 02:11PM
justin you did not look into it with much heart; put it out there in a serious way and see if anyone steps up; i would for one; and i think there are others who would as well; if not then i wll admit being wrong and move on.
March 04, 2011 02:18PM
Totally not trying to be a jerk Mike... but he did create a thread for just this purpose.

[www.sndg.org]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
March 04, 2011 02:58PM
Would you all PLEASE go check this thread on the BoD page and respond? [www.sndg.org]
I'm hoping we can come to a happy medium in all of this.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 04, 2011 04:51PM
Kieth Ill see your *edited* at the POG, next weekend my friend! I thought abt what I was abt too post, so send me my warning! EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND PLAY DISC GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2011 05:11PM by lesliez.
Anonymous User
March 04, 2011 10:17PM
Glad to see I get a violation for the word yuck, but we can say f'n.

Looks like I picked a good meeting to miss, 2 hours. Two hours spent on violations and banning...
March 04, 2011 10:31PM
It was context and you know it. In the context you used it, it was circumventing the filter. This had been discussed via PM.

Anonymous User
March 04, 2011 10:37PM
Yeah and I think it's pretty ignorant. The word Yuck was the word I got warned for, not the phrase. How in the HELL do you violate the guidelines for using the word yuck.

You can say F'n , we know what context this word is
You can post Virgin Mary breastfeeding , great way to attract sponsors by the way

All those religion pictures are still in those threads, how about someone clean them up and delete those post.
Anonymous User
March 04, 2011 10:38PM
By the way, my post was up for maybe 1 minute or so and I edited it before anyone saw it, just you.

If I get banned for the word YUCK it will be 100% complete idiocy.
March 04, 2011 10:57PM
Well, IF you would have been at the meeting you would know that we discussed the entire phrase and not just the one word. Sorry that it got lost in translation to your actual warning. You knew what it was really about so no need to play ignorant.

This is the reason you edited your post after I brought it up to the board (including you). If editing a word saves you then I would be able to tell all my friends if they screw up and let them edit their post and not get in trouble.

If you wouldn't have been on the board and realized we were discussing it for warning then you wouldn't have touched it.

Anonymous User
March 04, 2011 11:00PM
You only have like 5 minutes to edit a post. I say if it's edited then fair game. The word is not clear cut on a violation like the MULE word.

Either way, I ain't arguing about it I am here to play golf. By the way, when I log in I have over 100 pms a day, kinda hard to catch up to it all. Need to find someone else to be the police forum.

Yuck.
March 05, 2011 08:43AM
It was the phrase not just the word. You read the PMs...
March 05, 2011 10:11AM
You did a letter swap on one of the worst words we have censored already. Doesn't seem like there is much room for confusion.

And don't exaggerate. It's not even close to 100.

This was well underway when you agreed to take Darby's place.

March 05, 2011 11:09AM
Violation of Guideline
To: Keith Bodin Hilltopper Gilligan jtolbert MassiveJ Dillon Gourley
03/05/2011 08:27AM
Hello,

This is considered a warning due to the violation of guideline #1 for using "*edited*" which contains "@#$%&". You were already on a 90 day proabationary period. This is your second warning within the 90 day period. We will be discussing this at our next meeting. If you have any questions please contact a BoD member.

Sincerely,
BoD

BITE ME BoD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's *edited* NOT *edited* dumb donkeys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also it's probationary not proabationary......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 01:27PM by lesliez.
March 05, 2011 11:15AM
As I said in our PM... sometimes a rule may seem "stupid" but we all play by them. There are many "stupid" rules in DG but we all abide by them at tournaments.

March 05, 2011 11:28AM
keith i got warning to; now i must go and explain to my grandson that it really is o.k. to be a one of those; i can't say it or i will be banned; and i got a big tournament next month and need to be on here. come on bod get a life; let someone else police the forums and go do your job. i mean really!!! i am starting to think that some of you are really enjoying this.
March 05, 2011 12:05PM
Well, I'm trying to propose a new set of guidelines that will fit more of the majority when it comes to language. Work with me here.... I don't HAVE to do that, but I'm trying to appease everyone.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 05, 2011 12:52PM
Kieth, I got one too! Didnt take them long to geta vote!
March 05, 2011 01:36PM
The reason it didn't take long, is that in the meeting notes there was a warning given out to one person for using the word. So, by default that made it clear it was a violation. It was mainly due to the fact that *** was in it. Which any other word with *** in it so far has been in violation. We are trying to be consistent and fair.

Justin's on the right track with helping to relieve some of the questioning of what is and isn't in violation, so it will be even more black and white than it already is.
March 05, 2011 01:46PM
lesliez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The reason it didn't take long, is that in the
> meeting notes there was a warning given out to one
> person for using the word. So, by default that
> made it clear it was a violation. It was mainly
> due to the fact that *** was in it. Which any
> other word with *** in it so far has been in
> violation. We are trying to be consistent and
> fair.
>
> Justin's on the right track with helping to
> relieve some of the questioning of what is and
> isn't in violation, so it will be even more black
> and white than it already is.

It's not black and white!!!!!!

March 05, 2011 01:58PM
We don't need to vote on a word that has already been issued a warning for with someone else (with a vote at a meeting)... otherwise there would be cases of inconsistency. That is where the black and white is.

Don't use any word that is a derivative of the A word... that really isn't that difficult or grey is it?

March 05, 2011 02:31PM
do what ya'll want to do....like I have said before if the SN is better with me ban for 30 days so be it, but every action has an equal reaction. Sometimes the reaction is far worse than the action.................

March 05, 2011 04:58PM
i think there's another violation....KIETH, that sounds like a threat. get him. BOD

BMB
March 05, 2011 05:34PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Sometimes the reaction is far worse than the
> action.................

Dun, Dun, Dunnnnnnnn.....

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 05, 2011 06:24PM
Keith
but every action has an equal reaction. Sometimes the reaction is far worse than the action.

Then it isn't exactly equal is it? :p

Keith, no one thinks that the SN is better without YOU... we just think it is better without bad words.

So if you break the rules, and you knew it was a rule (whether you agree with it or not), should we just let you slide? Does everyone get to slide? Why do we have rules then? We were asked to clean up the forum, hell, Jim announced "We are taking back the forums!" at the SNC's in Memphis.

Why not just get on board and be a team player vs KNOW you aren't supposed to say some words and say them anyway and then get mad at us for following through with the standard consequences.

You are about to be dealing with a teenager of the worse kind (I hope not actually)... but she will possibly think that ALL your rules are "stupid"... would you condone her just ignoring your rules or purposefully going against them just because she thinks they are stupid? My daughter doesn't think she should call home if she is gonna be late shouldn't have to do the dishes when we ask her. All these things are "stupid" to her. She is punished right now. ;)

March 05, 2011 06:34PM
I am done Gilly........The BoD can do what ever the F'n ya'll want.........IMO there should be more focus the SN series and what be done to improve it, rather than invent rules that to keep people "in line". But the WTF do I know? I just a dumb coondonkey!!!!

B-Hole that not a threat it's physic........20.00 on the PoG?

March 05, 2011 06:36PM
unreal.
March 05, 2011 06:44PM
Keith, I have ZERO problems with making some "crude" anti-religious jokes that would be highly offensive to you and lots of other people. But *I* and LOTS of my friends don't see the problem with that.

Should I be allowed to totally trash you and other people' faith just because it doesn't offend me and my friends?

March 05, 2011 08:13PM
Don't worry about it Gilly. Now the BOD can refocus it's efforts to run off more TD's.
March 06, 2011 11:20AM
WOW.....It's a good thing Cee Lo doesn't post here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 31
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013