Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meeting 3/16

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Meeting 3/16
March 16, 2011 08:22PM
What's up ? Is there a meeting tonight? I've been online for 20 minutes waiting. No one is online. Waiting until 8:30 then signing off, I got things to do. Thought meetings started at 8pm?
Anonymous User
Re: Meeting 3/16
March 16, 2011 08:29PM
Alright, 8:30pm signing off.
March 16, 2011 08:43PM
We've been trying to invite you. AIM shows you online.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
March 16, 2011 09:19PM
Yeah, I saw you as online and sent you a msg.

Might need to reinstall your client or something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
March 17, 2011 07:09AM
It was showing my phone as being online.
March 17, 2011 08:09AM
Kevin said he saw you online, and he tried inviting you. I tried at least 10 times, but it didn't want to recognize your phone?!?!
Anonymous User
March 17, 2011 08:35AM
From 7:58pm - 8:31pm I was on my laptop and got no invite, or msgs.
March 17, 2011 08:42AM
I only have the id that is I guess your phone. I did not try to invite you... just sent a message. (I am not sure if I can invite with my client).

March 17, 2011 08:49AM
Anytime I tried to invite, the AIM indicator just kept spinning. It never told me if you accepted or declined.
It did that to me a while back, and I had to create a new user name. Leslie was having issues with it last week.

You think we need a different way to meet?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 17, 2011 09:15AM
Ironically I'm not that hip to what the IM protocols can do these days. I use a very different system to connect to them.

We COULD connect with IRC. No one would need to be invited. Just log on to a server and join our channel. I'd recommend XCHAT as the client. I'm on linux so I use irssi but they are just the vehicle to the exact same network. There is even ChatZilla which is a plug-in for Firefox.

If this is something you guys would like to try out I could do a quick write up on how to connect. Shouldn't take more than 5 or so minutes to get setup and connected. You don't have to sign up for any accounts or anything.

Anonymous User
March 17, 2011 10:53AM
I have the same AIM log in name. When I am on my laptop it connects, when I log off it connects to my phone, either way I get msgs, however I don't check them on my phone since AIM is pretty much obsolete....
March 17, 2011 11:43AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We COULD connect with IRC. No one would need to
> be invited. Just log on to a server and join our
> channel. I'd recommend XCHAT as the client. I'm
> on linux so I use irssi but they are just the
> vehicle to the exact same network. There is even
> ChatZilla which is a plug-in for Firefox.

blah blah blah INVITED blah blah blah VEHICLE blah blah blah GODZILLA

I've used IRC in the past back when mIRC was popular. I have no objections to that. Currently, BoD meetings is the only thing I use AIM for.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 17, 2011 02:17PM
Mirc is still around and kicking... Just maybe more overwhelming for a first timer vs xchat.

Leslie? Dillon? J?

Anonymous User
March 17, 2011 03:03PM
There's no problem with AIM, just gotta invite someone when they're online...
March 17, 2011 04:47PM
Dillon... they did invite you. I sent you a message and you didn't respond.

I definitely wouldn't say "just gotta invite someone when they're online" It was said that you were asking to get invited. They tried. Nothing happened... I sent an IM and got nothing.

March 18, 2011 07:51AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> There's no problem with AIM, just gotta invite
> someone when they're online...

So, you're implying that we didn't try to invite you, even though we said we did? That's harsh.
There have been problems with AIM in the past.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
March 18, 2011 08:05AM
^^^ Ditto what Justin said. I feel like you are calling us "liars".... which is WAY off! Be careful what you assume!

So, let's move on from the pointing the fingers game, and make sure this doesn't happen again. How about we all have a test run between now and the next meeting. Decide on a time and we all try to get together for a chat. If it doesn't work, then we need to find another means of meeting. If it does, well great problem solved!
March 18, 2011 09:10AM
I'm not opposed to using IRC. It would be easy for logging minutes and stuff.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
Anonymous User
March 18, 2011 09:25AM
Lol, hardly calling anyone a liar. Just sayin' for 30 minutes I did not get a message or an invite. Gilligan, you sent your msg when I was mobile. Either way I will let you gurus figure out the chat client.

It's also nice you all can hear the humor in my tone of voice through the keyboard...
March 18, 2011 10:20AM
jtolbert Wrote:
> I'm not opposed to using IRC. It would be easy
> for logging minutes and stuff.

That's basically what I do now. I run my IM through an IRC service called Bitlbee. It's basically DCC chats/queries direct to users and then for our group chat room thing it sets up a virtual chat channel for us all to be in. I'm able to easily log the entire meeting at the end.

So moving to IRC would actually be more than simple for me... I'm already on it 24/7 ;)

That's why I don't mind doing the write up... I won't have to do anything to get setup so that would be my part in the conversion.

March 18, 2011 10:25AM
Dillon Gourley Wrote:
> Gilligan, you sent your msg when I was mobile.
> Either way I will let you gurus figure out the
> chat client.
>
> It's also nice you all can hear the humor in my
> tone of voice through the keyboard...

At 8:35 I sent you an instant message with no response.

Not sure what else you wanted from us.

Anonymous User
March 18, 2011 11:29AM
Gilly, not sure what you don't understand about I logged off at 8:30pm, so you msging me at 8:35pm does no good. When I log off it then goes to my phone, which I don't check.
March 18, 2011 11:50AM
Gotcha.

Well, I know Leslie invited you at around 8:10.

March 18, 2011 06:25PM
8:00, 8:05, 8:10, 8:15, 8:20, 8:25, 8:30, 8:35, 8:40........ ;) Something like that. :)
March 19, 2011 07:23AM
lol, sounds like the BOD at it's best!!!

March 19, 2011 09:26AM
Definitely Bob!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013