Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meeting Notes 5/11/11

Posted by lesliez 
Meeting Notes 5/11/11
May 18, 2011 09:23PM
Sorry so late....my life has been wild! Beach, weddings, and work.....

Members Present: Josh Lenox, Justin Tolbert, Leslie Easterling, Jamie Massengle (entered at 8:30)

Start Time: 8:02pm

Updates
* Kevin Pelton's trophy is ready for Volunteer of the Year. Trying to get in contact to get address to send it to him.
* Josh sent a check to Jackson, MS for 1st part of Doubles Championship $1,172
- 2 outstanding doubles tournies (should up total to $1400)
* John K. offered to take over treasurer position when Josh is done this year. We feel he would be a great choice :)

BoD Removal
* Discussed BoD being able to remove another BoD due to attendance or conduct. Discussed that a BoD can't be voted on for removal just because they don't vote the same way as the other BoD.
* Voted to pass 4-0 that "The BoD may remove a current BoD member based on his/her attendance and/or conduct. The vote must pass unanimously 5-0."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 09:18AM by lesliez.
Re: Meeting Notes 5/11/11
May 18, 2011 10:43PM
I know I wasn't at the meeting but we actually already have an attendance policy in place.

Are you guys looking to clarify/tweak it or replace it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
May 18, 2011 11:27PM
Justin Littrell? huh?

What did I miss?

;-)

rWc3523
May 19, 2011 09:20AM
Russ, I saw that after I posted, meant to edit it! Again, it has been a busy and wild month of May ;)

Kevin, we weren't going to change the attendance policy, but based on it....if a BoD doesn't follow the policy, then that would be grounds for removal. Therefore, we created a process for the removal of. We plan to discuss it more next week.
May 19, 2011 09:40AM
Ok... when we set it up it was meant to just be automatic. You missed the meetings you are off the board, plain and simple. I really don't see any reason for someone to miss that many meetings in a row. If so then you probably don't have the time to give to the SN and you should step out of the way and let someone that does come in and take over.

May 19, 2011 10:55AM
Well, if that were the case, then I should have been removed. I had extenuating circumstances that I had to circumvent in order to come back to the meetings.

Also, the situation with the tornado in Northern Alabama could have been a lot worse for a couple BoD members preventing them from attending.

The voting process keeps it from being just a cut and dry removal if the meetings are missed.

Plus, we added in removal due to conduct, ie. a BoD member being disqualified from tournaments and such.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
May 19, 2011 11:23AM
Can I help out here...?

Set your rule for how many board meetings a board member can miss. If that happens, they are automatically off the board...no voting options there. However...that member would be off the board with the option of the rest of the board members to vote that person back on.

That way...when you have people in a situation like Justin earlier this year, he would be off the board after those absences, but in that same meeting where he is off the board, the board members are able to vote him back on. This way you can keep the ones that are dedicated, but have outside circumstances that may make them miss (said) amount of meetings.

This also gives you the option to not vote someone back on if that person is missing meetings and is not dedicated to serving the SN BoD.

If you follow robert's rule of order, this would be the procedure.
May 19, 2011 12:34PM
Thanks for the input. We can look at that.

Ours is similar. The amount of meetings is already set. If you miss 3 consecutive meetings, you're out. But, instead of voting if we allow them to come back on, we're voting to remove them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
May 19, 2011 04:07PM

BoD member being disqualified from tournaments and such

What about being "banned" from tournaments. ;)

May 20, 2011 02:07PM
Good Question ;)

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013