Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

6/8/11 BoD Minutes

Posted by lesliez 
6/8/11 BoD Minutes
June 09, 2011 08:17PM
Members Present: Leslie Easterling (entered at 8:12), Josh Lenox, Justin Tolbert
Start Time: 8:00pm

* Josh Lenox and John K are transitioning the"treasurer" position
* $7,036 collected in singles money for championship
* Doubles is 2 events from being 100% collected
* Leslie will be at doubles and pro championship and responsible for BoD votes
* Josh is planning on being at am for responsibilty of BoD votes
* Discussed championship bids...
* Decided to extend the nomination period for BoD members until June 30th

Meeting closed at 8:58pm
Re: 6/8/11 BoD Minutes
June 15, 2011 09:18PM
I guess the only time ya'll can get 4 people together is when you want to ban me......

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 16, 2011 08:10AM
30 + 90 = 120 in my book.

Either way I haven't been around, haven't been notified and not the only one with access.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
June 16, 2011 08:58AM
lesliez [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Minutes 4/13/11
April 15, 2011 12:36AM Admin
Members Present: Dillon Gourley, Leslie Easterling, Jamie Massengle, Kevin Richard, Josh Lenox (Entered at 8:10), Justin Tolbert (Entered at 8:20)
Start Time: 8:02 pm

* Update on SN Volunteer of the Year Award- Ginger Tannock is creating a one-of-a-kind trophy.

Radius Rule for Tournaments
* 150 miles apart for one-day tournaments
* 250 miles apart for two-day tournaments
* The first one to be scheduled will be sanctioned, if radius rule is broken
* Exception is BoD approval
* Will continue to discuss at next meeting

Website Update
* It was proposed for all BoD members to brainstorm a "Website Wishlist" of what we see a new website looking like. What options we want to have.
* Have it for next meeting.
* This will be submitted to several developers to get quotes.

Violations
* 3-1 on Chris Burgess being in violation of guideline #1 by circumventing the filter
* A motion was put in to extend Keith's ban to 90 days due to going around the ban by posting using user name "Bubba". It passed 4-1.
* Disussion was had about updating guideline #1. This was tabled until next meeting.

Meeting Ended at 9:45pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2011 12:38AM by lesliez.

key word is to...it does not say add 90.....dumb donkey!!!!!!!!!!!

June 16, 2011 05:58PM
I believe that the wording does seem to point toward what you are thinking Keith. But, it wasn't meant to be like that. You have an extra 90 days on top of your previous 30 days. That is what we have voted on and agreed upon. The guidelines are what we use, not the wording I put in the notes. We will discuss this at our next meeting. Due to the fact that the wording in my notes contradicts the format we voted on for banning, it shouldn't be held against you. I take full responsiblity, and want to apologize for any misunderstanding.

Leslie
June 16, 2011 07:39PM
Extending and adding are two totally different things

Terry Zeringue
June 16, 2011 08:57PM
But it's funnier this way. LUL
June 16, 2011 09:38PM
I think the BOD using time for such a BS topic is, well BS!!!!

The BOD has much more pressing issues to worry about:
1- SN championships
2- sponsors.
3- meeting that take place more than once a month or when it comes time to ban me.

With that being said I will take the extra 30 days of being ban so ya'll can talk about some real issues!!!!!

I will not post until July 16th. Is that a fair?

June 16, 2011 09:50PM
La Cote DGC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Is that a fair?

No, this is an affair!

Prime Minister Berlusconi with Noemi Letizia...can you really blame him though? Hubba Hubba!
June 16, 2011 11:17PM
more garbage from the "masters of the universe"...no wonder people refuse to play tournaments anymore...what a freaking joke.

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!
June 16, 2011 11:21PM
All of this banning stuff is getting old. Seems as though the low turnouts are the peoples way of silently objecting to the childish rules.
I talked to a former BOD member on Sunday, and listened to how screwed up the series REALLY is. What a shame.
This is not Sunday school, and players do not want to be dictated. Play golf and have fun..sounds almost odd in these days of oppression.

I will be in Jackson the same time as the tournament(doubles) and I wouldn't play if it were FREE. You guys are a standing Joke around the Mid South...CONGRATULATIONS FOR SCREWING UP THE SERIES.

June 17, 2011 12:35AM
Keith, thank you for understanding, and again I apologize for the misunderstanding.

We are currently working on number 1 and 2 of your recommended concerns. I do think we need meetings every two weeks, and we have been discussing the importance of doing that, through PM's. We should have a good turnout next week...fingers crossed!
June 17, 2011 08:06AM
Come on Wayne. It's disc golf. Nothing is ruined and the series will be fine. Lower turnouts means people just don't have the money. 98% of sn players don't get on the stupid forum. What has been ruined is this site by people that have nothing better than to argue with each other and complain. If you'll notice almost 90% of the post are from bluff, tax man, now Keith and gill. This site is what has turned into a joke and it's because of crap like that.
Anonymous User
June 17, 2011 09:06AM
Wayne, jokes on you.
June 17, 2011 09:10AM
nope Dillon..the joke is in your pants. You should hear what former BOD members think of you and the current BOD....
IF you really want to know, come on down to The Forest, or to the hill and see how many players are there that DO NOT PLAY IN TOURNAMENTS..why? You know the real reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 09:14AM by wayneacree.
Anonymous User
June 17, 2011 09:13AM
Was hoping your mom wouldn't tell you...
June 17, 2011 09:22AM
nope..but your mom did...ewwwww!
Incest is best in Tupelo!

June 17, 2011 10:13AM
OOoooooohhh.... this gossip is getting good wayne!

Old BOD vs new BOD,
Anthony Weiner type obsessions with other disc golfers,
Incest,
Who killed JR????

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
June 17, 2011 10:18AM
no gossip here.....I think Dillon and the former Senator(WEINER) have A WHOLE LOT IN COMMON!
Maybe he should run for office!

my issue with the BOD is simple...OPPRESSION........the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner.

June 17, 2011 10:34AM
Haha this is kinda funny. It's DISC GOLF! Y'all act like we are enslaving people again. Wayne 30 people come on this forum and the other 1000 or more players that play each weekend don't even know we have a BOD. This is just a place for people to complain about tds and following rules.
Anonymous User
June 17, 2011 10:36AM
Weiner was one of NY's most elgilble bachelors, thank you for the compliment.
June 17, 2011 10:56AM
was..is the key word....now he could not buy his way into the cathouse...MEOW!

June 17, 2011 01:49PM
head Wrote:
> Wayne 30 people come on this forum and the other 1000 or
> more players that play each weekend don't even
> know we have a BOD.

So true! I was hanging with some folks from Memphis a few months back, and they were discussing the forum. I mentioned being on the BoD and the new guidelines we were using. They didn't have a clue what I was talking about, nor did they really care to. They have been playing for longer than I have, and they continue to play. They play for the love of the game, and the company/family that comes with it. They don't play or not play because of a forum or BoD that enforces guidelines on the forum. I never intended on volunteering for the BoD with the intentions of opressing anyone. Actually quite the contrary....I wanted to facilitate the series to progress even further than it already has. I took on the position knowing that I was 1 of 6 (7), and like any organized group no one person has all of the control, nor should. We are here for the majority and intend on doing what we feel they want/need. Just my 2 cents.
June 18, 2011 09:01AM
They (some) do not play BECAUSE OF THE FORUM...and the garabge that goes along with it. If you are for the majority..as you say, what about the 970 players that do not come here? Do you believe that they support the natzi system? NOPE. Your own statement is your clue.
You can not support 970 players that you don't know or communicate with. Banning people for stupid crap just shows you are in it for the few moral crybabies, not the majority of real people.

I play for the love of the game, so do lots of other people. Like I said, that is why tournament turnout has been on the decline. I love to spend my money and have a miserable time. It is so bad, one of our local clubs has become the laughing stock...three players almost threw down in the parking lot over $5...because they tied. Most people spend money to HAVE FUN...

It is all about enjoying yourself. DO you know any governments that dictate and oppress the people? DO the people like it?

Your answer IS?

June 18, 2011 09:47AM
wayneacree Wrote:
> I play for the love of the game, so do lots of
> other people. Like I said, that is why tournament
> turnout has been on the decline
. I love to spend
> my money and have a miserable time.

As Matthew mentioned earlier there is a VERY good possibility that the decline has to do with financial restrictions. I used to play way more tournaments, but this year my number I played declined because I didn't have money. I know of quite a few that are in the same boat. I just find it hard to see your connection of the forum causing numbers to go down. Financial restrictions with our economy these days seems a much smaller stretch. Just my opinion.

You know someone once told me disc golf is "Just a bunch of grown people throwing frisbees in the trees". You see it doesn't have to be taken so serious. I only play for the love of the game, and the family I have made while playing. I wish I could play more, but money is tight.
June 18, 2011 09:59AM
That is my point..THE BOD TAKES IT WAYYYY TO SERIOUS. Completely over the top.
I hope that Keith doesn't stay gone. But if he goes..good for him. He deserves better, we ALL deserve better.

June 18, 2011 02:17PM
I think your "decline" may be area-specific. We did have a decline (1 person) in our latest tournament from 165 last year to 164 this year.
June 18, 2011 04:36PM
look at the overall attendance this year..it is down.. you guys may be the exception..

June 18, 2011 06:16PM
wayneacree Wrote:
> That is my point..THE BOD TAKES IT WAYYYY TO
> SERIOUS. Completely over the top.
> I hope that Keith doesn't stay gone. But if he
> goes..good for him. He deserves better, we ALL
> deserve better.

I'm still confused :)~ You might know me from the forum, but if you knew me off line...then you would know I'm not wayyyyyy too serious! I hate to say it, but you've got your facts mixed up....I'm just saying :)

Now go out and play a round with some of our Disc Golf Family :) You know "it's just a bunch of folks throwing frisbees in the woods", no reason to get all worked up :)
June 18, 2011 09:29PM
I agree with Leslie. She is one of my favorite players I have met
playing disc golf and would do anything to help her and she knows it "wish I could have found your starfire"

If people are not playing tournaments because of this forum then they are idiots. That is a dumb excuse to not play. This forum is 90% worthless as far as info. If this forum is keeping people from playing they have bigger personal problems and maybe they need help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013