Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advanced Division for Women

Posted by Bolty-Bolt 
Re: Advanced Division for Women
July 14, 2011 11:55PM
Ashe88, careful with the bagger description. I think many of those ladies are Amateurs in the true sense of the word. They are not ready for Pro, so they have no place to go. I would think that many of them would relish the chance to push themselves against tougher competition and allow the Am Women division to players new to the game. I would think you will find many of them feeling big sister roles and helping out the new Am Women players.

Gilligan, what extra monies are you talking about? I will try to put some thought into the matter, but I want to make sure I understand what monies you are talking about.

Shane

Transparency of information breeds self correcting behavior!
July 15, 2011 09:13AM
If you don't payout baskets for Am... or you meant strictly Am WOMEN. I think that is what you meant... in which case... my bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
July 15, 2011 11:25AM
I would not payout baskets for any divisions but ADVANCED. That includes both men and women. As for the extra monies.....

1) One possibility is to lower the entry fee for the Amateur divisions and increase the size of the payout.

2) Eliminate the entry fee for the Amateur division all together at the SNAC and just play for the monies put in through the year.

Just a couple of thoughts, but I definitely think the baskets should be reserved for the Advanced divisions.

Shane

July 15, 2011 12:03PM
I completely agree with you.

I'd payout deeper... that might be what you meant by increase the payout.

But getting $1200 worth of stuff although impressive is not the right message we want to send to the Am players.

July 15, 2011 02:25PM
Yes increase the depth of the payout was what I meant.I sent you a PM about another topic Kevin.

Shane

July 15, 2011 03:03PM
shane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ashe88, careful with the bagger description. I
> think many of those ladies are Amateurs in the
> true sense of the word. They are not ready for
> Pro, so they have no place to go. I would think
> that many of them would relish the chance to push
> themselves against tougher competition and allow
> the Am Women division to players new to the game.

I totally agree. They aren't pros, and they have nowhere else to go.
July 15, 2011 03:15PM
shane Wrote:
> Yes increase the depth of the payout was what I
> meant.I sent you a PM about another topic Kevin.
>
> Shane

You're slow Shane... I had taken care of that already. :)

July 22, 2011 11:41AM
A lot of girls are more sensitive to losing as well (not dogging on women), so them getting beat really bad when they first start is worse than a male losing. I don't know what would help in this situation tho b/c both sides have a lot of pros and cons. Maybe start hosting women only tournaments to get women to play and show up at tournaments and have all of the divisions, just set the sn points up where it will go to the proper division. I am sure there is guys that could help run the tournaments, if not run the tournament so that all the girls/women play. But then you run into the problem if many would show up.
July 22, 2011 11:55AM
Maybe start out with a women only weekly toss. Then use that to determine when there might be a large enough attendence to hold a women only tournament in that area.

Overdrive Disc Golf
We buy and sell new and used discs. Check out our website.
July 22, 2011 01:28PM
Or a mixed doubles tournament would be pretty cool around here.
July 22, 2011 04:02PM
Mobile has done both... Successfully I believe.

August 23, 2011 10:51PM
Just checking, any more progress from the bod on keeping the adv and am wms points separate? Alot of us got to talk about this at the SNAC and are wanting them kept separate.

This is a double edge sword, ya'll say we need more women, there is some of us bringing them in but they are getting discourged right off the bat cause they are having to compete with those of us in the middle between new and pro! They need a place to be or we are just going to keep losing them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
Team KeyChains/PDGC President
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
August 24, 2011 06:46AM
You can have an advanced women's division. The problem comes from the divided money at the championships. That's what needs to be worked out.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
August 24, 2011 06:58AM
As Treasurer I keep track of all the players that play each division at each tournament on a spreadsheet. I know how many adv women and am women players we've had throughout the season so seperating the SN fees for the women is already being done. The decision has to be made by the SN bod whether they will be two disctict seperate divisions so the web guy can seperate the points instead of them being lumped together....

For the current season so far entered into the spreadsheet (through the summer sizzler) there have been 12 advanced women and 68 am women.

JOhn k

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 10:28AM by John K.
August 24, 2011 09:21AM
Yeah...............!! Thanks everyone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronda Key
August 25, 2011 01:00PM
John K Wrote:
> As Treasurer I keep track of all the players that
> play each division at each tournament on a
> spreadsheet. I know how many adv women and am
> women players we've had throughout the season so
> seperating the SN fees for the women is already
> being done. The decision has to be made by the SN
> bod whether they will be two disctict seperate
> divisions so the web guy can seperate the points
> instead of them being lumped together....
>
> For the current season so far entered into the
> spreadsheet (through the summer sizzler) there
> have been 12 advanced women and 68 am women.
>
> JOhn k
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any idea when the bod will make this decision?

Ronda Key
August 25, 2011 01:18PM
Not sure Ronda but if it's not done at the next meeting, then at the first meeting of the new board if I'm on it we'll talk about it and hopefully make a decision that night. If the decision is to make adv women and am women two disctict divisions points wise the only thing that would need to be done is code work by the web guy, everything else is already set up....

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013