Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting

Posted by jtolbert 
Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 10, 2011 01:55PM
Sorry these are a few days late. Finding time to make myself available for this is getting to be hectic. Here goes...

Members Present: Josh Lenox, Jamie Massengale, Kevin Richard, Justin Tolbert

Financials
1. Josh gave us an update of money being sent to the championships.
2. Josh was asked to post a financial report in the SN BoD forum: [www.sndg.org]
3. The complete report for 2010-11 is incomplete due to a few tournaments with outstanding SN fees.

Points Discs
1. BoD voted (4-0) and approved for Josh to proceed with ordering points discs through Innova.

End-of-Year Awards
1. Josh and Leslie suggested we use Ginger Tannock for the awards this year
2. It was suggested that we vote on the EoY awards in the next meeting, in an effort to have more BoD members present.

BagTags
1. BoD members have been tasked with obtaining quotes for bagtags until the next meeting.

Advanced Women Division
1. Discussion on incorporating an advanced women division.
2. Concern is focused on separating the money for the championships and having the money for a basket
3. Josh agreed to post an explanation on the forum from the treasurer's perspective

Forum
1. Voted 5-0 to warn Wayne Acree for threats on forum (Leslie voted via PM before the meeting). He has a 90 day probationary period.

Voting for new BoD
1. Discussion on whether to allow e-mail or PM voting for the upcoming BoD election.
2. Decided to table the vote/discussion due to time

***Tentative Next Meeting Agenda***
1. Sharing, discussing, and voting on bids for 2011-2012 BagTags
2. Discussion/Voting for voting process in upcoming BoD election
3. Voting on EoY awards

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 11, 2011 08:07PM
blow it out your donkey....by the way.... thanks Hitler....

Hukd on fonikz werkd fur mi!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2011 08:07PM by wayneacree.
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 11, 2011 09:35PM
This too is awesome.
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 12, 2011 10:45AM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Advanced Women Division
> 1. Discussion on incorporating an advanced women
> division.
> 2. Concern is focused on separating the money for
> the championships and having the money for a
> basket
> 3. Josh agreed to post an explanation on the
> forum from the treasurer's perspective
>


What if you split the baskets between divisions. Give the nicer one to Advanced Women and the other one to Am Women?
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 12, 2011 01:27PM
The concern is where that money is going to come from.
By adding the Adv Women division, we aren't adding any extra money. Instead, we're splitting the money that is currently in Am women. So, take the money that we're getting now from Am Women, buy 2 baskets with that, and it reduces the funds dramatically.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 12, 2011 07:53PM
Are we talking about doing this for the champs coming up or in 2012? I was thinking 2012.
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 12, 2011 08:48PM
It would have to be 2012, due to the fact that the monies have been combined over the previous season.
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 12, 2011 09:25PM
That's what I was thinking too. I guess I'm failing to understand the constraints that would ensue if you gave the better basket to Adv women and the other one to am women. Do y'all actually give away two baskets in the am women division? Sorry for not knowing...never finished that well.
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 13, 2011 12:09PM
Good question. I'm not 100% on that. Josh might have? I don't know about last year....
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 13, 2011 01:26PM
My understanding was that there was only 1 basket for the women's division. That's where the difficulty comes in when you have the Adv division at the SNAC. There would have to be money coming from somewhere to pay for it. Do we put that on the TD to raise it through sponsorship? Should we drain the SN fee collections from women's division and buy one? It's definitely something that needs consideration.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 13, 2011 02:51PM
jtolbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My understanding was that there was only 1 basket for the women's division.

SN gave away a mini basket to the winner one year.
Re: Minutes for 7/6/11 BoD Meeting
July 18, 2011 07:45PM
In my opinion the extra money to finance an extra basket (because I'm for seperating the divisions based on the obvious disparity in skills within the am womens division) could come from the tournament host. If used efficiently the difference from wholesale to fair retail value should be more than enough to cover the cost of an additional basket. The $6000 in SN fees should translate into $9000 retail. (that's based on wholesale being 66% of retail)

JOhn k
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013