Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

New BoD members

Posted by Keith Bodin 
Re: New BoD members
September 14, 2011 08:33PM
I also think that the sn board election might be better served moving away from the SNAC and SNPC. The first board was formed at the baton rouge SNPC and the championships were used since there are typically a lot of players at the championships. However saying that, when dealing with the SPNC last week...a situation like that isn't a good time to be transitioning. I think there should be a coesive board in place for all the chamionships. A suggestion might be go calender year and have ballots available at the howler and lee naquin (two of the sn's most attended as well as online voting. End voting mid december and have the new board in place Jan 1.

Just a thought...

JOhn k
September 14, 2011 08:38PM
John K Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also think that the sn board election might be
> better served moving away from the SNAC and SNPC.
> The first board was formed at the baton rouge SNPC
> and the championships were used since there are
> typically a lot of players at the championships.
> However saying that, when dealing with the SPNC
> last week...a situation like that isn't a good
> time to be transitioning. I think there should be
> a coesive board in place for all the chamionships.
> A suggestion might be go calender year and have
> ballots available at the howler and lee naquin
> (two of the sn's most attended as well as online
> voting. End voting mid december and have the new
> board in place Jan 1.
>
> Just a thought...
>
> JOhn k

Agreed^^^^^^^^^
September 14, 2011 08:52PM
I like it John!!

September 14, 2011 08:57PM
Lloyd brought the idea of a BoD member being the co-td for each championship.....So what if the 3 current BoD members each pick a championship to co td for the 2012 SNC. The 3 members voting in now each pick a SNC for 2013. That way when running for the BoD TDing an event can be a tool for the players to help judge who would make a good BoD member....

September 14, 2011 09:31PM
Keith Bodin Wrote:
> Lloyd brought the idea of a BoD member being the
> co-td for each championship.....So what if the 3
> current BoD members each pick a championship to co
> td for the 2012 SNC. The 3 members voting in now
> each pick a SNC for 2013. That way when running
> for the BoD TDing an event can be a tool for the
> players to help judge who would make a good BoD
> member....

The only issue is if any BOD member wouldn't be able to attend even 1 SNC, then asking for the person not to play. For example I may only make SNDC, and you best bet I would be there to play after driving 5 hours.

This could also lead to The BOD looking Place SNC's near there areas. I wouldn't see this BOD doing it but ya never know about the future.
September 14, 2011 09:39PM
Here's a thought question. What if you get a BOD to help run an event, have a say in the payout and cash in the TOP 3 of the SNPC. any controversy there? Likely not going to happen but you never know!

Also, as a coach in the Arkansas High School Athletics, I get reimbursed for the mileage I put in when traveling to games. I get paid .43 per mile. That could help with a 5 hr drive. I still think people need an incentive to volunteer as a BOD.
Anonymous User
September 14, 2011 09:46PM
No BOD member should be mandatory to co-td a tournament. What BOD member is not only going to volunteer their time but a few hundreds of dollars to CO-TD a tournament only to be bashed a year? LOL.
September 15, 2011 07:39AM
My point being said was this: most players including myself who travel the distance for a championship, would want to play. When I get the O.K. from my wife to go play..........I bolt out of the door. If I can travel, I will want to play. Getting paid mileage to go play might not mesh well with others, but it was something to think about.

We all are talking about the SN here and hoping we get great volunteers to step up and run the show. I think "like I said before" there needs to be a better incentive for BOD.
September 15, 2011 07:43AM
Eric brings up a good point. Not saying it would happen, but once you open the door to forcing BoD members to be at particular events, it could sway the voting for the championships.

I do like the idea though. There needs to be a better support system for our TDs from the BoD. I'm going to present an idea to the new BoD at our first meeting to help alleviate some of the pressure. Yes, our TDs should be familiar with all of the rules, but when under pressure, sometimes things get hazy and confusing. We need to be there to help shoulder some of the responsibility and protect our TDs.

We can't survive without our TDs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 15, 2011 06:36PM
Almost two weeks, who are the new members? I'll reiterate, the SN surely doesn't want another controversy. It seems as though this is going to become one.
September 15, 2011 07:17PM
No controversy just an unforeseen delay....Leslie should have the last of the votes, I sent the envelope with the votes and ballots to Lesie priority mail on Tuesday. I was planning on being at the SNPC and deliver them to her there but my air force reserve trip was extended when we couldn't get back into Keesler AFB in Biloxi because of tropical storm lee on Friday Sept 2.

That caused me to miss the SNPC as well. I didn't get back home until Wednesday, Sept 7 then was distracted at that point. Drill weekend last weekend as well (back to Biloxi from Little Rock) so I apologize to all for the delay....it is my fault. They don't want to announce anything without ALL the votes beng accounted for.

JOhn k
September 16, 2011 12:32PM
Rinkelstein Wrote:
> Almost two weeks, who are the new members? I'll
> reiterate, the SN surely doesn't want another
> controversy. It seems as though this is going to
> become one.

You know you sure say that I like a lot of drama and I'm always involved in it... but you sure are trying to stir up something here aren't you.

It has been explained several times... John was tied up do to weather and his job with the military. Can we not respect that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 16, 2011 12:33PM
Trackin01 Wrote:
> How about a new idea on the voting?
>
> Online voting is great. But not all players are
> online. So, at the championships when you have the
> paper voting, how about counting them up and
> posting them instantly? Announce the current votes
> at awards, so everyone can hear. Have a tally
> updated on the web to keep a track of who is in
> the lead, with a final tally at the SNPC. That
> way, this waiting could be prevented. Mother
> nature is never predictable and John K. couldn't
> do anything about his delay.

I'm not a big fan of that... that opens the door for the last minute "phone in" votes to just edge someone out. Just sayin.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
September 18, 2011 10:46AM
Is the mail that slow or is there a problem counting?

September 18, 2011 06:52PM
Maybe they are still checking to make sure all of the voters played in at least one of the correct divisions under at least one of their aliases in at least one of the correct seasons.
September 19, 2011 09:29AM
Yes and Yes. The results will be posted tonight :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013