Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
I'm a little lost
September 06, 2011 05:46PM
What's the point of having two BOD forums? How is it ok for anything pertaining to the board to be private? My argument is that if congress were to have closed door meetings (not pertaining to national security issues, and there is nothing that the board can discuss that can be that important,) there would be a new revolution.
Re: I'm a little lost
September 06, 2011 08:16PM
one word........GILLIGAN.

BMB
September 06, 2011 09:17PM
Actually it wasn't Gilligan.....the purpose of the SN Board forum is for the board to communicate internally, while this forum is for communication to and from the players. Prior to the private board forum being created all interaction outside of meetings (via a chat room) was done by email or by pms, which is cumbersome at best and there was no record for anyone outside of those involved (future discussions on a similar topic by different people). The private board forum is a cleaner more user friendly method of communicating thoughts and opinions on topics leading up to a meeting and if used effectively could ultimately even reduce or replace those meetings. Nothing diabolical for sure.....if you have any questions for the board ask away....

JOhn k
September 06, 2011 09:33PM
Ok, here is my question, what could possibly be so important that it has to be private?
September 06, 2011 10:22PM
Here's one. Why not give everyone access to only view the forum? Therefore we all have access but are unable to post to that particular forum, therefore it stays cleaner than the public forums and also keeps the board communications open to the SN world.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
September 06, 2011 10:37PM
Nothing life or death important, but for a discussion on any topic between a small group of individuals you are going to get a more honest discussion if every comment made isn't read and scrutinized by everyone. People act or respond differently when they know their discussions can be heard or read in this case. To me it's not that big of a deal, the sn board has been meeting/comminicating for years using a chat room and the site pms.....the same topics are being discussed and up to this point no one has asked for detailed transcripts of their meeting/pms. Same purpose being served but in a different more visible location.....it's not meant to make anyone feel left out....

JOhn k
September 08, 2011 07:35AM
We're also looking into making the private BoD forum a way for us to vote vs. counting on everybody's schedules to line up for a meeting on AIM. It's a way for us to have a more candid discussion without having to weed through the garbage that currently permeates the General Discussion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
September 08, 2011 11:28AM
Stafford, your parallel to congress/senate is a good one. They do have meetings behind closed doors and talk amongst themselves where the public doesn't hear.

Our meetings in the past were "private" and this is no different.

One example of how things should be kept private is say for example. You bring something to my attention of sensitive nature and you drop names or out someone for something.

I can then bring this up to the board and say "Stafford said that <insert name> was doing <insert bad activity>, how does the board want to handle this situation?"

Like John K said... in the past these things were handled via PM's or emails. But there was no "record" of the conversation essentially. So when the new board came along a discussion that took place only a week before was essentially lost. Now it's all there to pick up where it was left off or to maybe better understand the INTENTION of a rule made (I know that doesn't ever come up. ;) )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013