Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Sanctioning Fees
October 04, 2011 08:16AM
I just received a PM from John K. acknowledging receipt of the sanctioning fees from the Wall Doxey event which got me thinking. Who knows that I have sent in the fees? That would be me and John K. No one else in the tournament would know the status until they found out that they were not qualified to play in the Championships shortly before that tournament had the fees not been paid.

Under the tournament results heading there are three items of information before the actual results: Date(s), Attendance and Event Value. I would like to suggest a fourth heading: Sanctioning Fees Received: Yes or No.

This issue comes up every year. On one hand it is not fair to the players who paid their $2 in good faith that they are not qualified for the Championships because the TD had not sent in the money. On the other hand it is not fair to the Championship players that the pool of prize money is not what it should be.

Who better than the players who paid their sanctioning fee to pressure the TD to send in the money? This is not something we should tread with kid gloves. There is no reason the sanctioning fees should not be sent in immediately after a tournament. Unless the players know that the money has not be paid there is nothing they can do about it.

Gary Wagoner
Re: Sanctioning Fees
October 04, 2011 09:08AM
I agree Gary. Last year we talked about this in a BOD meeting and I was told by then treasurer Josh Lennox that some clubs send all their SN fees at the end of the season. Personally, I feel that it shouldn't be hard to send in fees right after an event, right? Wouldn't the TD have the SN fees at that point?

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
October 04, 2011 10:09AM
I agree with this.

I have never really understood this protection of the deadbeat td's (other than what J is saying).

Even if that is what is happening... IF that is what happens then they will be known as good host that always send in their fees.

Say BR were to do that (have NO clue how they handle it)... I know their fees always get turned in. So even if I see "no fees paid" and they say X,Y or Z... well, I know they have always done it.

Now if someone flakes out and doesn't pay their fees... next time they put on a tournament you KNOW what you are getting into.

Maybe we aren't seeing this correctly from our side of the fence... to any of those TD's that WOULD NOT like this info posted on each event, please explain to us the pitfalls so we know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
October 04, 2011 12:06PM
I have been planning on doing something along those lines now that I have all the financial info from last season and I know what is in the account and where it came from.....I will be doing a treasurer thread in this forum that will account for everything and also place what tournaments have paid their sn fees.

JOhn k
October 05, 2011 03:08PM
We also had some clubs keep the sanctioning fees last year vs. sending them in due to the championships being held in that city. There needs to be a system for that.

On a side note, we have no repercussions for the TDs that decline to send in the fees. If a TD doesn't send in their fees within 2 months, what's the consequence? If they never send in fees, what's the consequence? We need to have something in place, IMO.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
October 05, 2011 03:57PM
As the treasurer I'd like all the sn fees sent in regardless if you are hosting a sn championship or not. Then the appropriate accounting can be done. The sn fees will be going back but in these days where accountability is important doing it the old way doesn't make sense especially for those on the outside looking in.

JOhn k
October 05, 2011 10:16PM
Agreed... holding fees because you are hosting an SNC is a bad idea for accountability. Especially when we have so many people wanting better accountability. Wait, were those two diametrically opposing stances? NVM, I see who was guilty of that... par for the course.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013