Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Board Minutes - 11/16/11

Posted by jtolbert 
Board Minutes - 11/16/11
November 16, 2011 09:28PM
Members Present:John Kittrell, Leslie Zurowski, Jamie Massengale, Pat Barnes, Eric Day, Justin Tolbert

Topics
Player Reclassification
-The Board is considering implementing a guideline that will prevent 1st place winners of an SN championship from playing in that same division at the next year's championship. Seeking player feedback...
-Discussed the effectiveness of the 4 tournaments rule.

Lee Naquin/John Yates
-Mr. Yates played in a division lower than what is allowed based on the 4 tournaments of non-cashing rule.
-The handbook still linked on the website doesn't reflect the changes to the player reclassification ruling. The previous ruling is still available: the 6 months of no cashing rule
-A majority of the board was in agreement to give leniency to the situation due to the finalized handbook and new ruling not being readily available for all players and/or tournament directors

SN T-Shirt
-The Board has received a quote for having drifit t-shirts made for the 2012 SN season.
-The Board is now reviewing and considering logos for the t-shirts

Meeting Adjourned: 9:25pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 01:46PM by lesliez.
Re: Board Minutes - 11/16/11
November 17, 2011 07:00AM
Thank you BOD for bringing this to the forefront. Someone needs to change the handbook....yesterday.

Someone needs to call John Yates out. Don't be a lowdown bagger. I will tell it to your face.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 07:16AM by wayneacree.
November 17, 2011 07:10AM
Edit: The SN Championships suggestion regarding Player Reclassification doesn't apply to the SNPC, obviously.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 07:11AM by jtolbert.
November 17, 2011 08:17AM
Any news on when the updated handbook will be readily available especially with the 4 event no cashing rule? Us TD's really could use something concrete towards that rule. At this point players can play this weekend on the 6 month rule and nobody can say he can't.
Either rule works for me, I just want to know which one to go by.

Also, here are a few questions:

#1 Any update on a future website? Would be nice to have one by Jan. 1, 2012 or May 31, 2012
#2 Any update on when these shirts have an expected date of release? Close to Christmas would be a great idea!
November 17, 2011 08:51AM
JK is on reserve duty in the FL Keys. He said he'd email us the final draft of Handbook on Monday.

Jamie "Massive J" Massengale
Anonymous User
November 17, 2011 09:17AM
MassiveJ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> JK is on reserve duty in the FL Keys. He said
> he'd email us the final draft of Handbook on
> Monday.

Translation: "JK is the only member willing to do any work. The rest of us do nothing.Ever."
November 17, 2011 09:34AM
We've been spending the past couple of months revising it with Kevin Lewis. Once all of the previous votings and rules were added in, we had to go in and rewrite some for clarification. Some of the rules guidelines/rules were redundant, so we cleaned those out as well. There are about 5-7 threads in our BOD private forum regarding each section of the handbook. We should be voting on an approved copy soon.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
November 17, 2011 09:50AM
Looks like there was a great showing of BOD at the previous meeting 6 total. Currently we have JK cleaning up Finances, helping with the Handbook with other BOD members, posting results, and adding events on the schedule.

Was curious about the other BOD as well. What else can be done from you guys? This is no stab at anyone just want to explore the possible avenues.
Of course everyone has a their own personal life to obtain. Justin is good at providing info and a quick response here when questions are asked. He tells it as he sees it based from the meetings and what he knows. That's a plus in my book. Better to have someone speak up rather than no response at all.
I am not familiar with many of the other BOD. I have met Jamie and he responds regularly as well.

My question merely is: What can the other BOD do or is currently working on? Is there a teaser for us TD's or players to look forward to in the upcoming future? Sponsors, Website, etc . . . . Of course you don't want to blurt out something that isn't in stone yet, but I do believe some of these players might be able to help on something.

Just an open end question here.
November 17, 2011 10:26AM
Never cease to amaze Kernan
Translation: "JK is the only member willing to do any work. The rest of us do nothing.Ever."

Holy CRUD! So you really are just going to defecate all over the work that Justin did just because you have petty issues with his religious beliefs?

That is AMAZING!! The guy spent tons of time compiling old meeting minutes and now it looks like John K is putting the finishing touches on compiling it into a format for digestion... possibly just some minor revisions given that Justin IS an english teacher. If not then I really hope Justin is just too busy to handle that load because it seems like a no brainer for Justin to be at the forefront of this project like he HAS been (especially when he was the ONLY person taking this task on at one point!)

Just amazing Kernan.... let the hate go man. You don't have to respect his beliefs anymore than we have to respect the fact that you think your wife is beautiful. But let go of the hate about it. (btw, that was paraphrased from Richard Dawkins.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
November 17, 2011 11:02AM
Good question, Doug.
Leslie has been taking care of bagtag records for us. She's been documenting things on Google Docs for us. We've ALL been contributing to the handbook revisions. Jamie took on the task of getting the bids together for the SN championships last year. Some players and TDs feel more open and comfortable talking to Pat. There was an issue that came up recently in which a player contacted Pat directly. Pat then relayed the info to the rest of us. We receive multiple PMs every month with questions from players. Maybe they just feel more comfortable PMing us than putting their question in the open to be insulted. I've been getting quotes and logo designs for the 2012 SN T-shirt. In fact, I've already gotten a very good price and prototype logo from a designer. We're all working on tweaking the logo to something that we believe most of the SN would like on an SN drifit T-shirt.

I haven't been able to dedicate as much time to the BoD as I had anticipated. There was no way for me to predict that my wife would lose her job within 2 months of me being elected to the position. That resulted in my having to turn off our internet and missing many meetings. Since then, I've been working on things here and there:
-reworking the forums guidelines (nobody seemed to care for the revised version)
-handbook revisions, compiling all of the old minutes into a new handbook
-liason to TDs and players (I actually get quite a few PMs and e-mails from TDs seeking my input on things. I just hope it's helpful)
-started compiling a history of SN End-of-Year Awards (I need to get back to work on that)
-handled the online voting for the most recent BoD election
-SN t-shirt quotes and logo design
Also, I bring new players into the sport and tournaments every year through the club here at the school. So, although I don't TD, I still try to do my part to grow the SN.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn; I'm sorry if it's coming across that way. It just gets a little frustrating seeing people gripe about what ISN'T being done or how the BoD members "don't do their part by TDing." We all help in our own way. In addition, we all have families and lives outside of this to take care of. With a full-time job, a wife, 2 kids, and various freelance jobs, it can sometimes be difficult to get everything done in the manner that people want. There are just a lot of things that go on behind the scenes that the players don't really know about.
Maybe Kernan will step up and take my place whenever my term is over. He can do the things that I've failed to accomplish. My only fear is that his feet will be too big for the tiny shoes I've left behind.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 11:07AM by jtolbert.
November 17, 2011 11:48AM
Now you see Justin... how long did it take you to write that post... wasting time. You should have been using that time to be our slave!

Uggh... there is just no getting through to you. God said you have ONE day off... that's it man!! He never said you get to sleep on the other 6 days... another 6-8 hours WASTED... you could be using that time to work on the SN while your family is loafing around with their eyes closed... slackers!

Woah! I was channeling Kernan there for a second... ugh... I feel all dirty now... think I'm gonna go throw up.

Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
Anonymous User
November 17, 2011 11:51AM
You know what they say about guys with big feet.

Trolligan, where in my post does it say anything about religion? Please, get the counseling you desperately need.
November 17, 2011 12:10PM
They got big socks!

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
November 17, 2011 02:08PM
jtolbert Wrote:
> They got big socks!

LOL... I was going to say shoes ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teresa Key
KEY CHAINS DISC GOLF
Fort Walton Beach, FL
November 17, 2011 03:06PM
lieniency is always the case with you guys. The rule has been in play a while. If you dont know the rule by now you will never know. No punishment for rule breaking will lead to more rule breaking.

leo otto

I for one will use my fix at every event we run sn or not. more not
November 17, 2011 03:10PM
mobz Wrote:
> lieniency is always the case with you guys. The
> rule has been in play a while. If you dont know
> the rule by now you will never know. No punishment
> for rule breaking will lead to more rule
> breaking.
>
> leo otto
>
>
> I for one will use my fix at every event we run sn
> or not. more not

Unless your name is Keith Bodin and you use a term that comes from your culture then all hell will break loose!!!!!!

Right Leslie?

November 17, 2011 03:16PM
sgree keith. If they spent as much time policing the players instead of the forum we would not have the problem facing us today
November 18, 2011 04:06PM
The problem I see with leniency is that even if he didnt know the 4 tourney rule because it was new is that he still broke the 6 month rule. So leniency should be reconsidered.
Anonymous User
November 18, 2011 04:22PM
SN BOD
Lee Naquin/John Yates
-Mr. Yates played in a division lower than what is allowed based on the 4 tournaments of non-cashing rule.
-The handbook still linked on the website doesn't reflect the changes to the player reclassification ruling. The previous ruling is still available: the 6 months of no cashing rule
-A majority of the board was in agreement to give leniency to the situation due to the finalized handbook and new ruling not being readily available for all players and/or tournament directors

This series is a joke.
November 18, 2011 09:03PM
hell head I dont think he waited but three not four. I might be wrong If I am I am sorry but looked like three to me

leo otto
November 18, 2011 10:37PM
head Wrote:
> The problem I see with leniency is that even if he
> didnt know the 4 tourney rule because it was new
> is that he still broke the 6 month rule. So
> leniency should be reconsidered.

How did he break the 6 month rule? He didn't cash in 6 months
November 21, 2011 07:53AM
My bad i thought he did.
November 21, 2011 09:47PM
A majority of the board

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013