Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Board Minutes - 1/25/12

Posted by jtolbert 
Board Minutes - 1/25/12
January 27, 2012 07:42AM
Members Present: John Kittrell, Eric Day, Pat Barnes, Leslie Zurowski, Jamie Massengale, Justin Tolbert

Topics:
SN T-Shirts
-1 week left for Sponsors (Deadline January 31st)
-Discussed running a separate order of collared shirts after the initial order of dri-fit Ts
-Board voted 5-1 to allow BirdieMonster a sponsor logo on the back of the shirt for services rendered (SN logo redrawing, sponsor logo redrawing, logo arrangement, etc.)

SN Handbook
-Discussed voting sections 1 and 2 of the new proposed SN Handbook.
-Voted 6-0 to approving sections 1 and 2 as written
-Noticed a change needed in 3.7.1 and 3.7.2 per previous BoD meetings
-Voted 6-0 to approve section 3 as written with changes to 3.7.1 and 3.7.2

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
BHS Disc Golf [www.youtube.com]
Mobile, Alabama
Re: Board Minutes - 1/25/12
January 27, 2012 08:05AM
Sounds good, keep up the good work guys. Sounds like these T-shirts are really taking off and have already turned out to be a good idea.

Keith "The BodyGuard" Robinson
January 27, 2012 08:55AM
Update to SN T-shirts
-BirdieMonster respectfully declined the offer for the sponsorship spot.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 27, 2012 11:56AM
Great news on the new handbook. Thanks BOD.

An addition I suggested has not been included. Maybe you don't think it is needed but since I sent it to JK by email and got no reply I am posting it here.

1.2.3 Ancillary awards

I think we should add at the end of the sentence "and divisional classification". This is to make it more clear that ancillary awards do not prevent moves between amateur divisions.

Next step, better publication. Why not start with a sticky rules thread that only the BOD can post to with a downloadable nicely formatted pdf that you guys can update at will.
January 27, 2012 01:22PM
I'm not sure if we can have thread restrictions. I know there are forum section restrictions.

We can still add that line to section 1. I'm sure we'll talk about it in in our forum. Since t-shirts are pretty much wrapping up, we can focus a lot of time to the handbook.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 28, 2012 08:53AM
Admins can lock threads so no one else can post on them.

It will be at the bottom of the stickies because no one can bump it to the top but it will be there.

Given the lack of ability to change things on the site it will just be what you have.

Sadly this just means that technically there are TWO books now... which one do I follow? ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take me to the window and understand
I got a rocking chair in my skin.
And every time the wind blows
It brings me down to meet the mood I'm in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SN Top25 Bag Tag database
BRDGA Top10 Bag Tag database
MADGA Top10 Bag Tag database
SFC Top10 Bag Tag database
January 29, 2012 08:40AM
Gilligan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Given the lack of ability to change things on the
> site it will just be what you have.
>
> Sadly this just means that technically there are
> TWO books now... which one do I follow? ;)

Agreed that must be included in the "better publication" I referred to. The next step (now that we have rules text adopted) is making a good looking pdf available. Then we have to be able to get rid of the old handbook on this site or spend the small price it will take for a new site the BOD can control completely. No big deal either way. It just has to be done. We cannot allow the series to continue stuck in this mud. The series must be rid of lame excuses for not having a single published rules source.
January 30, 2012 08:23AM

Anonymous User
January 30, 2012 09:58PM
How about getting off this god awful MS DOS looking website
January 30, 2012 11:17PM
Take one step at a time to avoid what happened to the owner of those pink polka dot boots.
January 31, 2012 06:40PM
Don't you need a premium version of Acrobat in order to publish .PDFs? If so, anybody have one?

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
January 31, 2012 07:17PM
Yes I have Acrobat Pro. Send me your file.
February 01, 2012 06:05PM
I think John has it.

Justin Tolbert
Mobile, Alabama
February 06, 2012 10:52AM
Either way you can download CutePDF or any of the many pdf print drivers and just "print to pdf" from word or the like.

You only need acrobat full to "edit" pdf's. As long as you keep the original word file then you can edit and "print" that again when something needs changing.

Sorry, I'll go back to not contributing again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013