Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Board Minutes - 6/20/12

Posted by Eric Day 
Board Minutes - 6/20/12
June 20, 2012 10:27PM
Members in Attendance: Leslie Zurowski, Pat Barnes, Eric Day, John Kittrell, Jamie Massengale

Topics
End Of Year Awards
-Discussed Nominees for each category
-Tabled final vote, votes will be handled on Private Board Forum

End Of Year Awards Categories
-Discussed adding Masters Men and Master Women Awards for next year
Re: Board Minutes - 6/20/12
June 20, 2012 10:32PM
Sorry If I left anything out, I didn't think to save the discussion. Feel free to edit anything in.
June 21, 2012 07:53AM
Long meeting, but that was the bulk of it :)
Anonymous User
June 24, 2012 04:26PM
Super long indeed it looks...

I got a few questions I'd like answered maybe at the next meeting, although these might require some actual work to accomplish,

Why is the new SN handbook not POSTED on this site in plain view?

Why are the eBay ads still being ran at the top with OTHER companies not paying a dime to the SN for advertising?
June 25, 2012 03:35PM
I would like some board confirmation on those questions too, but I think the short answer to both is that the SN has limited control over this site.
Anonymous User
June 25, 2012 06:18PM
Yeah, that'll be the answer but if you never make an effort to ask the webmaster it'll NEVER get done.

Sometimes all you gotta do is ask...
June 25, 2012 06:25PM
Discjazz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would like some board confirmation on those
> questions too, but I think the short answer to
> both is that the SN has limited control over this
> site.

Pretty much right on the short answer as most major site changes have to go through Brian.

I missed a couple of meeting back when we had been working on the new handbook, but as far as I know the new handbook hasn't been fully finalized and voted on. Once it is all finished up, then I believe Brian has to update it to the website.

I have no idea about the other companies on the bar up top, as far as I know nobody else has a clue on that one either.
June 25, 2012 06:30PM
Next meeting we will have to finish up all the end of year awards, and get the new bag tags lined up. So there is a good chance that these questions wont be answered by the next meeting, unless one of the other BOD member knows the answers already and post them on here.
June 25, 2012 07:36PM
It seems to me that replacing the old handbook linked on the front page with the new one is not a good fix because every time the board makes a new rule decision we have to bother Brian again or create confusion. If we are going to continue operating with Brian's site, why not just ask him to replace the old handbook with a link to a forum thread. You will still need a site to put the current handbook on but it could be any site anywhere and people can still get to it via the same front page link. That way when the board changes a rule in the handbook it can be updated immediately. That would also mean we don't need to wait for completion of the handbook. We can get max publication of the 3 sections already adopted right now and stop this confusion.
June 25, 2012 09:14PM
We aren't entitled to any revenue because we don't own the box that the site runs on and we aren't paying the guy who does own it. Somebody is letting us stay in their house for free and we are debating whether they should give us money for a billboard that they put in their yard.

That being said...

The website needs major systemic improvements that we cannot reasonably expect somebody to provide for free. Rather than pester this site's owner for nickels and pennies that don't belong to us in the first place, let's get prices for developing and hosting a site that would provide the services that the SN series needs.
June 25, 2012 10:27PM
Yep to Jacques and thanks to Eric.
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012 12:09AM
Jacques, the eBay ads at the top of the page were made for SkySouth , something has changed recently, few months ( probably old site coding) and now is showing different companies.

You may think that it's nickels and dimes but if this site had some ads on it , it'd generate up to well over $100-$500 a month.
June 26, 2012 09:22AM
So the yard billboard reads "SN lives here" and because of that it may be or may be capable of generating revenue of an amount greater than the value of our occupancy. If that is true it does not mean the billboard revenue is any of our business. It means it is time to move out. Let's thank the owner for his generosity, be grateful about it and stay out of his business.
June 26, 2012 10:57AM
[www.sndg.org]

Here is the 98% completed draft of the SN handbook.....lots of help from Kevin Lewis...

JOhn k
July 30, 2012 07:47AM
HAven't saw any postings of Meeting Mins. in a few weeks now. Are you guys still meeting? I'm sure you are. Only saw 1 BOD member at the SNDC. (Pat Barnes). Were any of the others there and I just missed them? I know I read in some part of the handbook that at least 2 BOD members must be at each of the 3 championships.Any updates would be awesome. Thanks for what you do
July 30, 2012 11:13AM
i agree with jacques on this, and in my opinion the faster we get this done, the better it is for the SN.
July 30, 2012 06:34PM
Hudd, PB was the only one that was at the SNDC as far as I know. I wanted to but had to be in Indiana for the last 5 weeks. I also have not made the last two meeting, and I'm not sure what all was talked about. I do know they voted on player of the year awards, ordered 2013 bagtags, ordered awards, forced move up on a player in the SNACs, and couple other things that I simply can't think of at this time.
July 30, 2012 08:06PM
Eric, I appreciate the PM. What's important is that everyone sees that you guys discuss things regularly on a hidden forum, but for some reason can't seem to post minutes from meetings. What is the point of having two board forums? I know the reason is so that you guys can discuss issues, but if you can't accomplish that in meetings and then post the results, then what are you guys actually doing?
July 30, 2012 08:25PM
Rinkelstein Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eric, I appreciate the PM. What's important is
> that everyone sees that you guys discuss things
> regularly on a hidden forum, but for some reason
> can't seem to post minutes from meetings. What is
> the point of having two board forums? I know the
> reason is so that you guys can discuss issues, but
> if you can't accomplish that in meetings and then
> post the results, then what are you guys actually
> doing?

Private bod forum, most of the time it is used to inform each other of updates on whatever topic. For example the SN shirt took weeks to finish up. We used the private forum to pick designs and update the sponsor list. Not many things are voted on between meetings, if they are it's because the issue needs be taken care of asap. Most recently a SN player was signed up in the wrong division for the SNAC, it was handled via private forum and the TD was quickly updated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

DJ
Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013