Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meeting Minutes 08-08-12

Posted by Eric Day 
Meeting Minutes 08-08-12
August 08, 2012 10:18PM
Members in Attendance: Pat Barnes, Eric Day, John Kittrell, Jamie Massengale

Topics
SNAC
-Discussed Advanced Grandmaster Division. Emailed ESD with the option of allowing the division, however they do not need to provide a basket or trophies for the winner.
-FMV for Items (disc,baskets,trophies...) regarding the payout/players pack. Emailed ESD regarding the value of two items.
-Players Pack, Voted 4-0 in favor of the players pack

B.O.D. Elections
-Voting will be available online again this year, along with all other options.
Re: Meeting Minutes 08-08-12
August 08, 2012 11:50PM
12 days short of two months without a meeting. So who is off the board for lack of attendance?
August 09, 2012 12:07AM
Last one listed was 6-20-12, we pushed the next meeting an extra week because of July 4th. I didn't make the July 11th or 25th meeting, So I couldn't tell You if there was one or not.
August 09, 2012 09:59AM
My question is not an opposition to the A50 SNC division but how did the BOD square the decision with:

2.1.2 Amateur Advanced Grandmaster (A50), restricted to players at least 50 years of age in the calendar year the tournament begins and Amateur Advanced Senior Grandmaster (A60) results, restricted to players at least 60 years of age in the calendar year the tournament begins, are combined with Advanced Master (A40) in regards to SN points earned and fees collected.
August 09, 2012 02:31PM
We have had meetings the past two months. There was some confusion on who was putting the minutes up on the forum!! so they did not get posted. Sorry! That will not happen again!

Thanks Eric for Posting I was going to do that today!!!!!

I hope this answers your question. -Discussed Advanced Grandmaster Division. Emailed ESD with the option of allowing the division, however they do not need to provide a basket or trophies for the winner. We asked them to let them play in there own division and not put them together.

I will be honest with all. You will be better served to PM me questions about anything with SN. I dont have time to read thru have the stuff that is out there, but would be glad to answer direct questions.

pb5150pb@gmail.com

thanks,

pb
August 09, 2012 02:49PM
Thanks PB. No it does not answer my question. I'm not especially interested in whether we have an A50 division. I am interested in whether the BOD follows its own rules. 2.1.2. says A50s "are combined" with A40s. Now, post season, you announce a BOD decision that it is the TD's option. I just think you should be announcing that 1) you have re-written the rule effective immediately or 2) you are following it (no TD option) or 3) if there is some way you think the decision is consistent with the rule explain that. Option 3) seems very speculative to me but I asked and I am waiting. Sorry to be a pain but following our rules is the path to integrity IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2012 02:49PM by Discjazz.
August 09, 2012 02:53PM
No Problem PB, I have no problem posting meeting minutes.
August 10, 2012 02:56PM
Kevin, the points are combined and if no adv grandmaster division is offered then the sn fees per that rule are put into the adv masters division at the snac. However if the division is fielded and offered the sn fees collected have been accounted for sperately and can go back to the adv grandmasters again if it's offered.

JOhn k
August 10, 2012 05:44PM
Thanks John. I do get all that and that might be a great rule. Too bad it ain't what the rule says. So the plain truth is the BOD ignored its own rules and took action contrary to them. The series will never earn respect doing that IMO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 27
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013