Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meeting Minutes 12-12-12

Posted by Eric Day 
Meeting Minutes 12-12-12
December 13, 2012 03:26AM
Members in attendance, John Kittrell, Eric Day, Zack Hudson, Tommy Browning

Topics

Bag Tag Incentives Drawing
-Disc winner, Cameron Colglazier
2013 SN Shirts
- Ordering 60 shirts from Dynamic Disc
- Sponsors - $50 for name, $100 for Logo
- Sponsorship deadline will be January 14th
- Dri-fit style, color undecided
Special Events and SN Sanctioning
- All events outside of standard singles or doubles events may be allowed SN sactioning
- These events most stipulate that it will be in this category prior to the event and what they require
- This includes but not limited to, Coed doubles, Team events, Single/Two disc events, and disc weight restricted events.
- 2 points will be given to players in these events in their normal division regardless of finishing placement
- T.D.'s may request approval of added points for finishing placement upon board approval.
Election nomination and voting for seat number two
-Robby Harris vacated his seat on the Board
-Nomination will be open until December 31st at 11:59 pm
-Online voting will then begin via online vote
-Voting deadline will end on January 7th at 11:59 pm
DIsc Golf United and Online Registration
- DGU has offered free online registration for Southern Nation event
- T.D.'s will have the choice to use other means of registration
- The Board plans to move ahead with this and should be available in the near future
Tournament Standards
- discused allowed pricing of finishing award disc at SN events
-Tabled until next meeting
Re: Meeting Minutes 12-12-12
December 13, 2012 03:42PM
All things considered being a BOD member looks like a big job so thanks for all you guys do and keeping us posted.

I hope my appreciation earns me the right to make three (3) suggestions.

1) Regarding Special Events Sanctioning with 2 points I recommend you replace "normal division" with "the lowest division for which the player is qualified". I would also add that Special Events are irrelevant to reclassification. (Ok that one has 2 subparts)

2) Regarding "pricing of finishing award disc at SN events" I think that is great for the SNC's but not so sure it is a good idea to get into the TD's/Club's pocket at SNQ's. The SN should rein over fair competition at SNQ's but finances are not really relevant to that. It is a slippery slope because there are many facets to SNQ finances that may be best left up to Tds.

3) Whatever you do add it to the Handbook.
Anonymous User
December 13, 2012 04:07PM
Disc Jazz
1) Regarding Special Events Sanctioning with 2 points I recommend you replace "normal division" with "the lowest division for which the player is qualified". I would also add that Special Events are irrelevant to reclassification. (Ok that one has 2 subparts)

It should be treated as a regular event. The format is known beforehand. Match play is treated as a regular event. If SN divisions are offered, AM/Adv players payed out in plastic, I do not see a reason to treat it differently.

Disc Jazz
2) Regarding "pricing of finishing award disc at SN events" I think that is great for the SNC's but not so sure it is a good idea to get into the TD's/Club's pocket at SNQ's. The SN should rein over fair competition at SNQ's but finances are not really relevant to that. It is a slippery slope because there are many facets to SNQ finances that may be best left up to Tds.

Come up to Mississippi, where TDs charge you $10 for DX , or $20 for "one of a kind" rocs that they're a tub full of, used discs in payout. These TDs/Vendors know who they are.

Disc Jazz
3) Whatever you do add it to the Handbook.

Not like this handbook will EVER see the light of day...
December 13, 2012 09:10PM
If it is like a regular event it does not need to be a treated as special event. The two examples of a special event that come to mind are the SN Cup (if it happens again) and a trophy only charity with mulligans.

In the SN Cup what division do your 2 points go in? You don't have 2 singles rounds in any division. The division played in may not work for a special event.

The problem with "normal" is that in some cases it can't be statistically determined. The player could choose, but then there is something else for somebody to keep up with and pass along in the results. If you go with "highest" everybody gets open points. That's why I suggested lowest, just to have a clear objectively determinable standard.

On the reclassification issue, the trophy only mulligan charity is a good example of one that should not reclassify.

The way to fix greedy Tds is to not go to their events, but the point is their greed is irrelevant to fair competition, which should be the limit of SN control IMO.

No point in making any rules without fixing the handbook publication issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013