Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
SN Charitable Contributions 2013
January 08, 2013 07:36PM
Greetings SN family,

As the charity and fund-raising part of the season comes around in the beginning of 2013, I want to remind and invite our TDs and volunteers to post info about what the total donations and funds your events raise this year and who they will benefit. ***See the "SN Charitable Contributions" topic permanently penned at the top of the page with a bell beside it.***

It is a great way for our SN family and visitors of our website to see what we do for community outreach.

Lastly, TDs and clubs can use this list of charitable events and donations to show potential sponsors for tournaments that while their money helps our group with the cost of tournaments, our group returns the favor to organizations and individuals in need in our communities across the Southeast.

Good day,

Tommy Browning
SN BOD
(251)895-5535

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2013 07:36PM by T_Bo_Max.
Re: SN Charitable Contributions 2013
January 08, 2013 09:00PM
I will post here Sunday...

January 09, 2013 05:28AM
Link for last years, [www.sndg.org]
January 14, 2013 09:26AM
The Support An Angel Doubles Benefit raised $2460.00 due to the giant hearts of the SN family. This money will got towards the purchasing of a headstone and other funeral related expenses for a young family that lost their 2 month old child on June 28 2012. The money was raised through anonymous donators, sponsors, entry fees, food, and a raffle. We had 34 teams play in the event. The event still paid out 1560.00 in money and prizes. In addition to the payout we had a ctp for every card the 1st round and a ctp for every division the 2nd round. The 1st 20 paid teams and sponsors received a limited edition tee shirt designed and print by UB Disc Golf.

GOTA LOVE DISC GOLFERS!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SOUTHERN NATIONALS!!!!!!!

April 25, 2013 03:41PM
That was awesome Keith. Way to go!

Later,

Shipley
April 27, 2013 07:29PM
313.00 today in Lafayette and JUDGES raised another 160.00 for a total of 473.00, but I am kicking in the change to make it an even 500.00 for a fellow disc golfer.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2013 07:48PM by Keith Bodin.
September 24, 2013 02:05PM
The Diamond State Disc Golf Association (DSDGA) based out of central Arkansas has held an annual 3 man scramble for the past 2 years and we will continue to run the event every year. It is a Charity Tournament called "Rattle the Chains" that benefits the Children's Protection Center of Little Rock (CPC).
Their (CPC) mission is to provide a child friendly facility where professionals work together to protect and treat child abuse victims in all its forms, and hold offenders accountable for their actions. They work with members of th Pulaski County Multidisciplinary Child abuse team which includes protection personel, law enforcement officials, child forensic interviewers, medical and mental health professionals, social workers, etc. I have been to the facility and seen these wonderful people in action and what they do for these children not only benefits our community as a whole but also the future of these kids that need professional expertise in dealing with said abuse.

In 2012 we ran the first innaugural tournament and raised almost $7,500 and we just finished this years event and raised a little over $10k. Our goal for 2014 will be $15k. With financial support from business owners both coprporate and local, player entry fee donations, and side games at the event we hope to make that 2014 goal a reality. I have never been involved in such an extrodinary disc golf event in my life and i have played several over the years (just look at my player stats....dont laugh though lol). The DSDGA is a proud partner for this event and look forward to running it every year.

If you need details on how we managed to raise this much money for the charity and want to know what the best format is for something like this please just IM me and i will be happy to give you some advice. We have done it 2 years in a row and we have support from the local radio stations, local television stations, the business community, and of course the disc golf community to help promote the vent. Next year we may have a problem...its a good problem to have though -- instead of a one day event we may have to make it a 2 day in order to reach our goal.

James Lecy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013