Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Rules Question: Mulligan Sanctioning

Posted by Discjazz 
February 28, 2013 12:16PM

Is SN board approval required for SN mulligan selling events?

Are these the rules relevant to that question?

PDGA 805. Tournament Procedures
PDGA 805.02 D. The scorekeeper shall record the score for each player on each hole as the total number of throws, including penalty throws.

SN 6.9.2 The PDGA Rules of Disc Golf (801 Conduct of Players, 802 Equipment, 803 Rules of Play, and 804 Tournament Procedure) apply in regards to individual round play ...

SN 6.9.3 No other rules may be stipulated which conflict with the PDGA Rules of Play, unless approved by the SN Board. Examples: the use of mulligans as a fundraising tool in charity tournaments.
Re: Rules Question: Mulligan Sanctioning
March 05, 2013 03:02PM
The use of mulligans has been used at many SN tournaments in the past. If the TD asks if they can be used I don't see the board having a problem with them. The use of mulligans and how they plan to be used should be information provided in the tournament information so the players can make an informed decision on whether to go to the tournament or not. I'm all for charity but myself am not fond of unlimited mulligans.

JOhn k
Re: Rules Question: Mulligan Sanctioning
March 05, 2013 06:39PM
I don't like it and never will! I think it is bad for SN.

March 05, 2013 06:46PM
Thanks John. I understand the board favors charity Mulligan use to some degree. My question is how the rules express and apply that favor. What does a TD need to do to use Mulligan sales for a charity in a SN event? I can't tell whether event specific advance approval by the board is required or if they are just automatically approved. Also, which rules are we supposed to glean the answer from if not the rules I cited?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013