Alabama   •   Arkansas   •   Florida   •   Georgia   •   Kentucky   •   Louisiana   •   Mississippi   •   Oklahoma   •   Tennessee   •   Texas
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Meeting Minutes 05-15-13

Posted by Eric Day 
Meeting Minutes 05-15-13
May 16, 2013 03:12AM
Members in attendance, Allan Morrow, Eric Day, Zack Hudson, Chuck Burdine, Lloyd Wilkins, John Kittrell

Topics
Bag Tag Drawings
- We caught up on all the missed ones to get up to date, I will post everything at the bottom
Treasurer
- John K will temporarily be unable to be the treasurer, Allan Morrow will be taking over that duty until He is back
- This will be about 5 months starting in August
Number of B.O.D. members
- lightly discussed the option of changing the current 6 members down to 5 members
New Website
- Discussed things that we are looking for in the new website
-Ratings, map of courses, TD Being able to do results themselves, up to min accounting for snc, ability to pre register for events through our site, classifieds section, migration of the current forum, region/area subforums, along with many other things we have discussed in the past.

Disc Winner(s)
Jon Fox
Adam Morrow
Rob Hasting
Casey Cox
Logan Weiss
Mark martin Jr
Deborah Brouillette
Mason McCay
Jonathan Jackson
Marla Lenox

SNC Paid Entry Winner(s)
Lyle Weston
Sara Senkbeil
Joey Ingle

Invitation Winner(s)
16 - Chris Downey
26 - Justin Lane
58 - Sara Senkbeil
101 - Lynn Day
130 - Kyle Lukans
Re: Meeting Minutes 05-15-13
May 16, 2013 08:01PM
With the move of the forums from this crappy site to the newer site, could we please update the forums to allow easier copy paste and uploading of videos and such?
May 16, 2013 08:29PM
Johnathan Nyce Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With the move of the forums from this crappy site
> to the newer site, could we please update the
> forums to allow easier copy paste and uploading of
> videos and such?

That might be the last thing we need lol, but yes we are planning to have it picture and video friendly.
May 17, 2013 02:04PM
Jonathan Jackson and Stephen Zito, I need your mailing addresses to send you your discs.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2013 10:38AM by hudd.
May 17, 2013 06:40PM
Are you feeling okay Zack? Are has this horrible website finally bugged out and started throwing post from others threads on different threads? Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case!
May 17, 2013 07:56PM
Johnathan Nyce Wrote:
> Are you feeling okay Zack? Are has this horrible
> website finally bugged out and started throwing
> post from others threads on different threads?
> Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case!

He is needing their info to send disc for the bag tag drawing.
May 17, 2013 10:06PM
Oh my bad! Haha
May 20, 2013 02:59PM
Mailed out all the disc winners discs on Friday May 17th with the exception of the 2 guys that I need addresses for.
May 20, 2013 06:58PM
Please vote on wether or not you can sanction a SN doubles tournament where ams get cash.

I hope this is voted as a BIG no because that is not what an am is. Cash for winning makes you in a pro division regardless if the doubles tournament changes your playing status
May 20, 2013 07:37PM
No vote needed it is already a rule.....please don't waste time on this foolishness!!!

head Wrote:
> Please vote on wether or not you can sanction a SN
> doubles tournament where ams get cash.
>
> I hope this is voted as a BIG no because that is
> not what an am is. Cash for winning makes you in a
> pro division regardless if the doubles tournament
> changes your playing status

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
May 20, 2013 07:55PM
Agreed! There is no need to vote on this issue. If Dustin wants to pay ams in cash then he can not sanction the event.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
May 20, 2013 08:27PM
And excepting cash for winning as a AM in a "Doubles tournament" does NOT change a person's division status! And no the tournament in question should not be sanctioned!
May 20, 2013 09:02PM
Keith Bodin [ PM ] [ Ignore User ]
Re: DOUBLES QUESTION
May 10, 2013 12:12PM Registered: 3 years ago
If the event is NOT a SN qualifier payout how you want. If it is a SN qualifier pay the ams prizes like they are suppose to be paid. If you do pay ams cash SN should not allow it to be a SN qualifier.

Field limited to 90 players
[www.facebook.com]
May 20, 2013 10:11PM
Got my disc! Looks sweet! Thanks guys!!
Anonymous User
May 21, 2013 09:18AM
bigal5657 Wrote:
> Agreed! There is no need to vote on this issue. If
> Dustin wants to pay ams in cash then he can not
> sanction the event.

Where's that rule? Is this another Hogman imaginary rule?
May 21, 2013 10:52AM
I did not quote a rule at all Mike. It is an opinion. Thanks Mike.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
May 21, 2013 05:03PM
All cash events:

This proposal raised some interesting issues for me. The main one so far is the oddity that a player could have any number of SN points and be classified as Amateur but still not qualify for the SNAC. Pro points never qualify for the SNAC.

This relates to the proposal of an all-cash-SNQ-Doubles event in that it means there is no SNC benefit to sanctioning a cash division other than Pro. If the TD calls a division Am but pays in cash the finishes could either be disqualified completely under 1.2 or they could be deemed Pro finishes. Either way, such a finish would not qualify one for the SNAC.

I'm guessing it would be pretty rare to have only Pro points yet want to play in the SNAC, but I also thought it would be rare for a TD to want to pay Am's in cash, since Am prizing is normally the funding method and motivation for the event.
May 21, 2013 06:53PM
Bluff Magee Wrote:
> bigal5657 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Agreed! There is no need to vote on this issue.
> If
> > Dustin wants to pay ams in cash then he can not
> > sanction the event.
>
>
> Where's that rule? Is this another Hogman
> imaginary rule?

1.2 Amateur Status divisions in which players may compete for prizes but may not compete for money for their finish.
Anonymous User
May 21, 2013 08:09PM
SN Rule 1.5 says:

"1.5 A player's Amateur Status and divisional classification for a singles event, SNAC or SNPC is not changed or affected by competing or accepting awards of any kind in a SNDG doubles tournament and/or the SNDG Doubles Championship."

Now I know you all are not going to try and claim that Rule 1.5 is not valid. So you can't claim that you can't sanction a SN doubles event and pay cash to ams. Rule 1.5 pretty much says that an am can take any kind of finishing award they damm well please in any SN doubles event they enter.

I'd rather the SN follow its written rules rather than the "opinions" of those without a clear understanding of the rules. This isn't figure skating or diving or gymnastics where the judges use their opinions to keep score. I know the SN lately is being run that way---where opinions matter more than rules, and those with connections to the insiders get preferential treatment---but that's not what the authors of the SN rulebook intended.
May 21, 2013 09:24PM
I take that rule as an am can accept cash in a pro division and not have their status changed. Not pay cash to ams.

They can accept anything they damm well please in a pro (cash) division
May 21, 2013 09:35PM
Matthew no need trying to reason with Mike. HE HAS SPOKEN(typed) AND ALL SHOULD BOW DOWN AND ADMIT OUR STUPIDTY!

We should know this by now.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
Anonymous User
May 21, 2013 09:43PM
Actually reading these SN rules is giving me a headache. Let us know what the current interpretation is, and who can do whatever they want and who can't, according to the childish whims of certain BoD members.

Oh and when you really feel like amusing us give us a treasurer report.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 10:11PM by Bluff Magee.
May 21, 2013 10:17PM
Head, Mike is correct in this instance, sense there isn't a rule about TD's paying AM cash for winnings at a doubles tournament. I would like for the BOD's to have a vote on making a rule for or against this, and adding it to the SN Rulebook so this argument can never happen again.

Seeing that the SN Rulebook is still fairly new, it's reasonable to think somethings may have been overlooked or have never come up before to make it a issue that needed a rule until now. Thus the reason a BOD's is needed in the first place. It is your duty to correct the problems now so that future Board members don't have to deal with them later. But this is just my opinion on all this, do what you think is best.
May 21, 2013 11:27PM
These are the amendments that I feel best resolves the situation.

1.2 Amateur Status divisions in which players may compete for prizes but may not compete for money for their finish. This includes Southern National Doubles Events.

1.5 A player's Amateur Status and divisional classification for a singles event, SNAC or SNPC is not changed or affected by competing or accepting awards of any kind in a SNDG doubles tournament and/or the SNDG Doubles Championship. SNDG doubles tournament must follow (1.2) for all Amateur divisions
May 22, 2013 08:19AM
Looks good Eric

Vote on that the next meeting
May 22, 2013 08:41AM
head Wrote:
> Looks good Eric
>
> Vote on that the next meeting

We will most likely vote between meetings on this one. We talked about it last night but we figured we should let those question the meaning of the rules the most a chance look at it before we need to go back and vote.
May 22, 2013 10:29AM
The proposed rule changes really add nothing in my opinion. Nothing wrong with them either, it's just that all they really say is "yes all these rules apply".

If you read Bluff's statement carefully you will see that he is correct, and it's no big deal. Of course "an am can take any kind of finishing award they damm well please in any SN doubles event they enter". Not only that, an am can also take any FA in a singles event. Also the TD can pay any way they want to. There is no need in pretending the SN can dictate how a TD pays or what a player can accept. The SN has absolutely no control over that and never will no matter what rules it adopts.

SN rule 1.2 is very clear that acceptable Am results do not include cash payout. So, TD's and players are on fair notice by existing rules. There is no excuse for players or TD's to expect the SN to accept cash payout finishes for Ams. TD's can payout however they want and players can accept however they want, but that does not mean SN championship points will be earned on results that fail to follow SN standards.

Eric Day Wrote:
> These are the amendments that I feel best resolves
> the situation.
>
> 1.2 Amateur Status divisions in which players may
> compete for prizes but may not compete for money
> for their finish. This includes Southern National
> Doubles Events.
>
>
> 1.5 A player's Amateur Status and divisional
> classification for a singles event, SNAC or SNPC
> is not changed or affected by competing or
> accepting awards of any kind in a SNDG doubles
> tournament and/or the SNDG Doubles Championship.
> SNDG doubles tournament must follow (1.2) for all
> Amateur divisions
May 22, 2013 10:33AM
That is correct Kevin. A TD can do whatever they would like to do. All we can do is not allow them to sanction if rules are not followed.

"HOGMAN"
HyZer Nation
May 22, 2013 10:56AM
If a TD does not publish in advance their payout intentions, the SN has no way of knowing what payout will be. The TD will get the SN sanctioning advertising benefit, and there is nothing we can do about that short of devising a TD punishment system. Personally I think that would be an overreaction at this time. All the SN needs to do on this issue is scrutinize results, something needed regardless.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2013 11:31AM
Scrutinize results? Are you suggesting that this BoD actually hold anyone accountable for anything? That's not their style. It's anything goes these days, and only the BoD knows what they're up to. Can't let the players know too much especially the SN finances. Transparency? These guys can't even pronounce it.

Personal attack coming from Hogman incoming! See if you can capitalize every word in your personal attack this time Hogman rather than let anyone know what y'all are up to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 24
Record Number of Users: 19 on January 14, 2013
Record Number of Guests: 244 on February 20, 2013